Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month today ! And insecure :(

Today I am exactly one month out had a band to sleeve revision happened so fast and unexpected was only expecting to have band removal and my amazing surgeon offered me the sleeve and two months later here I am :) started 248 did my pre op diet for a month doc was worried about my esophagus expanding surgery day 227 and this morning weighed in at 211 a lil slow compared to most but I am happy. The only thing I am worried about is going back to work on Thursday I am a charge nurse a nursing home and people can be very nosey or shall I say nurses lol I went in last week to pick up a check and I was literally huddle by about 6 of my co workers and they were all saying comments in how I look great and that I have lost weight and I was so surprised on how extremely uncomfortable I was !! I did not tell anyone what I was doing just told them I requires surgery and I'm ok now thank you for the concern well while in this huddle a coworker of mine had the nerve to blurt out in Spanish right directly in front of me and say something I had no idea what was said seeing how I do not speak Spanish but what she said seemed to upset a friend of mine who does speak Spanish I later asked my friend what that was about and apparently my co worker said "she's lying she was never sick she had that fat surgery like the other girl" a couple of girls at my work have had the surgery and been successful but people are just so rude and really make judgements and insensitive comments especially when we have pot lucks they will make comments on what they eat how little they eat or how much they eat which is exactly why I have not chosen not to tell people about my surgery so lets just say I am not happy about going back to work I am not a person that like attention or the spotlight on me I was at work literally for 10 min and I was extremely uncomfortable. Anyone else have the same experience and how did you deal with it ?

Ignore them, become super successful and snag the hottest doctor in the place!!!

Lol I promise I will try my best !! :)

What you really need to think about are, who are these people in your life anyway? Will they be there when you are old? Will they keep you warm at night? Will they be there to Celebrate the good things in life? Will they be there when you need a friend to lean on? If the answer is no.....

Then I say don't worry about them, because at the end of the day they are of no consequence in your life!

Live and be happy :)

Laura

Oh and I like to say

"good riddance to bad rubbish"

Can't please everyone, so you might as well stop trying & start with pleasing número uno (number one - in Spanish just to lighten up the situation a little :) YOURSELF. I'm also a nurse, but being overweight has taught me that people who want to be apart of your life whether you're going through good or bad times are going to be there despite physical appearance, in fact, despite anything. Change is inevitable, if you can make change as positive as possible for you, screw what other people think. I also work iin a nursing home. I have about three people who went through WLS - one had the band, two had the bypass & now me with the sleeve. At first, I didn't tell people, but then - I realized to hell with what they think because this is for me & I'm the one who lives with the outcome of being overweight or becoming healthier & I made this decision solely based on what I felt was right for me & to amazement - the people who wanted to be apart of my life supported me & the people who didn't had their snooty comments, but I don't care because 1) I'm on a road to feeling better about myself & 2) those kind of people don't really need to be apart of my experience anyways for they will always have something negative to say about something/someone! Take pride in your accomplishment, you've came a great way just to let small minded people tear down your feeling of success! Good luck! & have a great day back at work!

take it easy on your first day back. i hope you have a nice one!

I have the same issue.. I too work in a nusing home...and have yet to eat in front of anyone.. I also work at the hospital..and I avoid those settings too.. everyone is curious always asking what I can eat and what I cant..and how much.. and this is an every day thing too.. I dont mind them asking.. but its been close to 3 months now lol.. I think they just want to see me eat.. im like sheesh.. I eat like you do.. with a fork and knife and spoon.. dang lol. I just answer and smile and say thank you on the compliments on how much weight I lost..and boy do they want to know how much.. man they are nosey.

Who exactly are they??? Co-workers!!! Then why do you care what they say or think. If there comments get out hand report them to supervision.

I told everyone I worked with even my clients if they don't like it that's ok. It is ur decision on who to tell and not tell. However others will be making assumptions because it's so obvious with the rapid weight loss. So embrace the attention and Celebrate the new u! So beautiful and SEXY! Start strutting ur self and use ur positive self talk to embrace the new changes. Be proud! :)

People are the same everywhere, it seems! I'm also a nurse, work in a hospital, and I also avoid the whole thing. Fortunately, no one has asked how much I've lost yet! When you are in the middle of all this, it can be hard to ignore people or realize their place in your life (probably pretty low in the grand scheme of things). But you do spend a lot of time with them everyday, so I know it's hard! I heard someone on the boards say they answer "Not enough" when asked how much they lost. When someone asked me if I had surgery (who shouldn't have known) I just asked "who told you that?" and that shut her up. People will quickly figure out it's not a topic of conversation for you.

Those are good tips I'm gonna try that !!! Thank you all for your support !! Means a lot and you are all right what is it to my coworkers they are just my coworkers!! I really need to focus on how I'm going to get my fluids and Proteins in whole I'm at work that's gonnna be hard nurses dobt really get much breaks that's more important then what people say ill let you all know how it goes