Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feb 2013 sleevers weigh in

In 12 weeks down 28lbs.... Total down 54lbs. Feel like it should be a lot more.

I'm 5'3 and currently 189... Feel I should be much lower

I saw the post where someone says that, but in following others' trackers and another thread that I started called Slow Losers Unite, I don't think the 50-lb statement holds true for everyone sleeved in Feb. I had my surgery in early Feb and I'm at about 38 pounds down, which is the fastest I have ever lost weight in my life (I am hypothyroid, to start). I feel we should try to only compare our loss to ourselves and not others, even though it's very difficult.

AZLatina - I didn't make a comparison, I made an observation. Everyone loses at a different speeds. Regardless of how much weight we lose, I'm sure we can all agree that the sleeve is the most successful thing all of us has done, regarding our battle with weight loss.

I was sleeved on 2/19 and I haven't hot 50 lbs yet. I started at 261 and today I finally hit 219. I was stalled. But people say I look thinner and I have been wearing clothes that I haven't been able to fit into for over 2 years. Today I put on a pair of crop pants that I won't be able to wear again. They were literally falling off of me. Slow weight loss is frustrating but it's weight loss and that's what matters. I can't wait until I hit onederland. Oh and I'm short. I'm 5' 1".

I was sleeved on 2/19 and I haven't hot 50 lbs yet. I started at 261 and today I finally hit 219. I was stalled. But people say I look thinner and I have been wearing clothes that I haven't been able to fit into for over 2 years. Today I put on a pair of crop pants that I won't be able to wear again. They were literally falling off of me. Slow weight loss is frustrating but it's weight loss and that's what matters. I can't wait until I hit onederland. Oh and I'm short. I'm 5' 1".

That is great to hear Susie! I love that feeling, I recently put some cropped pants on, that were way too tight on me before, and my sister said "You shouldn't wear those again. They look too big on you." Other people notice the weight loss on you more so than you do yourself. Those little things (like the cropped pants) are what makes all the difference in the world.

Well today I'm 10 weeks out and down 55 lbs...I feel like I should be doing more....well maybe a little guilty that sometimes I loose track or sneak a hot Cheeto but years of bad eating cant be fixed that fast....boy do I miss cheeseburgers!!

Here's my update.

I am down 27lbs since surgery 2/28. I seem to stall every other week.

Nsv - I'm down 22.5 inches in total.

Me too

I am down 38 pounds since 2/19/13

Sleeved 2/19 and down 60lbs.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Sleeved 2-28 down 45 pounds. No pre-op diet. Hoping for 5 pound loss by 5-28 for a total of 50 pounds in 3 months. My birthday is in another 12 weeks Could I possibly loose another 50 pounds? I honestly dont know. Sometimes this weight loss seems so slow, other times, like this week, so fast. Just grateful and appreciative :rolleyes:

Sleeved 2/26. Starting weight 368 ..currently 312. Down 56 lbs and feeling great!

Sleeved 02/26/2013

SW:232

CW:188

Down 44 pounds

Went from an 18-20 pants to a 14

3x shirt to an XL

NSV: exercising with ease, crossing my legs, losing my stomach oh I could just go on and on! Best decision I ever made!

I am needing some advice from fellow sleevers. I have gone back to work taking care of a gentleman. This man has so much junk food in his house all of which i would have binged on till i was sick. Cookies chips and pop and the list just goes from there. Not only does he have all this food he eats all the time. Watching him makes me physicologically want to stuff my face. Im not even hungry but i wanna munch munch munch. Ive quit losing weight still losing inches but no weight. Is this situation one that i need to leave or conquer.

I am needing some advice from fellow sleevers. I have gone back to work taking care of a gentleman. This man has so much junk food in his house all of which i would have binged on till i was sick. Cookies chips and pop and the list just goes from there. Not only does he have all this food he eats all the time. Watching him makes me physicologically want to stuff my face. Im not even hungry but i wanna munch munch munch. Ive quit losing weight still losing inches but no weight. Is this situation one that i need to leave or conquer.

Personally I would conquer it. It's something that will taunt you no matter where you go. I have tons of Snacks at work and I have to make the choice to stick to the plan.

Just got done at my 3 month check up...was actually more like 3mo & 12 day check up and my official weight loss is 58 lbs! All my blood work is good and the only extra supplement I need is Iron ( did that prior 2 surgery). This has changed my life in just 3 short months... I was on 3 meds for high BP now I'm on none and she said I have the BP of a teenager! No longer need my cpap machine woot woot! I was lucky enough to have no major complications and minimal pain after surgery. I feel so blessed that I am getting my life back