Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long does it take to actually be "healed"?

You would know that if you read a little before surgery .... Guess you were out blazin' , you know it's potheads like you that make the rest of us look bad! Haha

Seeing as this is not illegal in all states anymore. I take it you live in one of the states where it is legal. I would ask your doctor he might even prescribe it for you for pain and discomfort during recovery. :) But it is always good and best to ask your doc ;)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

And for everyone who feels the need to pile on the op here's a question; what kills more Americans each year obesity or pot? Btw we a can ask the same question about guns and get the same answer,it ain't potheads, guns or potheads with guns it's obesity!!!' tell me again how did you end up on this forum? .....

Seeing as this is not illegal in all states anymore. I take it you live in one of the states where it is legal. I would ask your doctor he might even prescribe it for you for pain and discomfort during recovery. :) But it is always good and best to ask your doc ;)

Be very careful with this assumption. Possession & use is still a violation of federal law, which means it is illegal everywhere inside the United States. Washington & Colorado's decriminalization of marijuana does not make it legal. Federal law supersedes state law except where state law is more restrictive. You can still be prosecuted federally.

Furthermore, Washington also has not amended several laws that effectively make decriminalization useless. You can still be prosecuted in Washington if you test positive for THC while operating a motor vehicle. This can happen 30 days after your last use.

Thanks for the advice, but legality isn't my concern :-P I'm glad everyone is commenting though! Keep it coming! I'm bored off my butt!

I had surgery on march 7th' date=' today is the 9th. I was discharged yesterday afternoon, less than 24 hours after surgery.

Where are the pot heads? When did you smoke up after surgery?[/quote']

Lol

I would be scared to smoke I do get munchies BAD!!

I would be scared to smoke I do get munchies BAD!!

When I smoked I was so scared to put anything in my mouth so I had crack lips lol I hated the feeling of stuff going down my throat and was way pre op.

Be very careful with this assumption. Possession & use is still a violation of federal law' date=' which means it is illegal everywhere inside the United States. Washington & Colorado's decriminalization of marijuana does not make it legal. Federal law supersedes state law except where state law is more restrictive. You can still be prosecuted federally.

Furthermore, Washington also has not amended several laws that effectively make decriminalization useless. You can still be prosecuted in Washington if you test positive for THC while operating a motor vehicle. This can happen 30 days after your last use.[/quote']

I don't get me wrong I think it's BS that any one would smoke it to begin with ;) I was just trying to be helpful ;)

You guys and your judgement. Why can't you just keep your highland mighty opinions to yourselves? How about this: you should have never gotten fat. If you wanted to be skinny, why didn't you just diet? Surgery is SOOOO risky, why not just do it the right way?

Exactly. I don't judge you, so don't judge me. Get over yourself. Live by the golden rule. Don't be childish. That is all.

Rose, thanks for your comment. I think we can all agree that different drugs effect different people differently. I really appreciate that you didn't come across as judgemental.

Honestly I'm too old for drama. And frankly, no matter what I say you are going to make your own decision so who I am to jump down your throat and tell you not to do it. I think it's funny that people come at others like them telling the person not to do is going to change their mind. They are really just wasting their time and making themselves look like an ass for trying to force their beliefs about certain things on another person.

If you don't like pot, fine don't smoke it. This chick didn't ask for anyone to come in here and play mommy or daddy and tell her she is stupid or w/e for smoking pot. She is going to do it if she wants so if you have advice to offer, give it, if you think she's dumb.......well don't speak to her. It's a bunch of grown ass people acting like children and it's kinda sad. This is supposed to be a place where people can ask advice and get answer, not have people act like dicks.

pretty, if you feel comfortable asking your dr then I would do that since it's probably the most reliable place to get info.

Ide say just wai a couple days... hell I looked sooooo forward to eating pureed chili but gave myself a week. I felt really good 4 days post op that I was out and about again. Give yourself a week and then gradually reintroduce yourself to it

Wow, some people on here don't understand What cannabis is. I'm in Colorado and I was one of the first patients. Cannabis did not make me gain weight. It's an appetite suppressant if using the correct strains. I prefer the CBD strains of Sativas. It's uplifting, reduces appetite, helps tremendously with my PTSD and Migraines and sacroliliitis, chronic muscle spasms and endometrial cancer pain. I was strait up with my surgeon because not only is it medical here but rec legal too. So I had to quit ahead of time to pass a UA. Now that I think of it, I'm pretty certain that if I could medicate it would help far more with the gas, bloating, cramps and general pain. Obviously I cannot take the edibles anymore but I am anxiously waiting till I can smoke again. And yes there are ways to smoke without coughing such as an ice bong. There's also hash, ear wax, caviar, etc and many growers can harvest easily less harsh medicine. Mmj cured my husbands liver cancer and it cured my aunts Alzheimer's and it cured my cousins kidney Dysfunction.