Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I have finally decided to have the sleeve done, only wish I knew about this years ago. I have tricare who do not cover sleeve kinda dumb, so I have to pay myself and it will be in mexico. Can I get some input regarding how to keep cost down? what to avoid ? and any info you would like to share. thank you all

Have you decided who your gonna use to do surgery. Are you in Atlanta? If so I'm a southern girl too.

Yes Atlanta, and no I have not decided who to use, not sure hoping i could get some answer here. who did u use ?

I am going to Dr Fernando Garcia through alma at ready for a change. You will find a lot of info on this forum. Which will help you decide who is best for you. I am paying $4700 plus airfare . I will stay at Mi hospital for 2 nights then 2 nights at hotel then fly back home. That's how it works for most. Alighterme is another one or Ariel Ortiz at OCC. just look through threads and read others experience. Email the places too. They will send you the info or go to there websites.

Yes Atlanta' date=' and no I have not decided who to use, not sure hoping i could get some answer here. who did u use ?[/quote']

I'm in Atlanta too! I'm with Dr. Fernando Garcia on March 16th.

Hi! I'm in MX right now and from ATL. I had my surgery yesterday with Dr Illan. I love him! I couldn't have picked a better dr. He just started his own practice so he just charges 4,000 for now.

How are you feeling GAmom?

How are you feeling GAmom?

I feel great! The only issue I've had was when I woke up my throat was killing me and i had gas pains in my shoulder and chest. Now I can't even tell I had surgery. Lol

GAmom that's awesome! I hope mine goes as smooth! Hope its all smooth sailing from here on!

Glad you are feeling so well. Praying that I have the same results!

Dr. Kelly does not assist Dr. Illan in surgery. Dr. Kelly is training Illan. He was in the OR with Illan this week only as a teacher and mentor. Dr. Illan requested him as he has very few surgeries as the lead surgeon under his belt. Please do not think if you book with Illan that you will get Dr. Kelly because that is not the case at all. Dr Illan charges so little because he is a novice surgeon' date=' trying to grow his practice.[/quote']

Yea you are right to a point . I know you work for dr Kelly and GET PAID so I'm going to keep my comments and thoughts to myself and im just a patient so i have nothing to gain either way However I am going to correct you and say that dr Kelly didn't actually teach dr Illan. Dr Illan was working with him.. I also don't think it's fair for you to say he is a novice surgeon. He has worked with more doctors then dr Kelly.

I dont mean to but in but im a bit confused.. dr. Ilian is a newer surgeon, right? And dr. Kelly had been doing this for many years right? So why would a more well known surgeon who has been doing this longer be assisting a newer surgeon? I dont have any facts but it just doesnt sound likely. What does sound likely is that because dr. Ilian is much newer, dr. Kelly is watching and "assisting" if theres an issue. I also dont see why you even responded... obviously lora would know better than you, right? Oh, before anyone tries to blow this out of proportion... i come in peace. These are just my thoughts

I had understood the dynamic to be that Dr. Illan was Dr. Kelly's copilot and he is now on his own but they still assist each other. I don't know for sure tho.

Amanda Rae

I'm not getting in details because its none of my business. However dr Illan used to work with dr Kelly..now he works on his own However it's not 100% true that just dr Kelly trained him and that dr Illan is only experienced with Dr Kelly. I don't get paid to promote either so I'm not saying another word on it. I will say I love dr Illan and very happy with the care I got. 5 other patients was there with us and choice dr Illan. He is growing his practice really fast. Him and Omar are a great team. I mean certain drs are price matching his price just to get business so umm yea.. :/

Dr Kelly assisted in my surgery but ill be honest I was not crazy about him. He was not friendly as the other Dr's IMO.

I dont mean to but in but im a bit confused.. dr. Ilian is a newer surgeon' date=' right? And dr. Kelly had been doing this for many years right? So why would a more well known surgeon who has been doing this longer be assisting a newer surgeon? I dont have any facts but it just doesnt sound likely. What does sound likely is that because dr. Ilian is much newer, dr. Kelly is watching and "assisting" if theres an issue. I also dont see why you even responded... obviously lora would know better than you, right? Oh, before anyone tries to blow this out of proportion... i come in peace. These are just my thoughts

[/quote']

And I replied cause she quoted me trying to correct me and promote her Dr.. Why did you reply to this thread when you are not even active? lol smh this thread had nothing to do with dr illan vs dr kelly till now. Plus she has not been the coordinator that long I don't think. Plus every story has 2 sides I heard the one from my dr and she heard the one from hers that she works for. Neither me or her know the full details, we only know what is told to us.. she is not in Mx and im leaving in the morning so clearly we cant say we know 100% if we don't see it or hear it ourself.

So I won't speak on it no more!! But dr Illan don't need dr Kelly and dr Kelly don't need dr Illan. That's for sure..

And he is not new at surgeries.. He just opened his own practice.