Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally broke into the 250s after a 6 WEEK PLATEAU! That was discouraging, although it is true that I still lost big-time inches during the plateau. Sleeved on March 11th and had dramatic results for the diets three weeks, and then it slowed to a crawl, then stopped. So I'm pretty happy just to be moving again. I also changed up the mix of nutrients by slightly lowering my carbs and that seemed to do the trick.

Congrats !!!!! Lowering my carbs did it too!

Happy Dance! I hit 199 this morning! Now onto my next goal....179 no longer obese! HW 247 SW 240 Currently 199 I will take the 40 lb weight loss in 8.5 weeks!

Happy dance for you!!! Would be nice to enter Onederland !!!! Congrats !!!!

Finally hit 30lb loss!! Lowering my carbs to 30 and stopping the Protein Bars have done the trick for me....so happy...was sleeved 3/8/13, went through a 4wk long stall, now losing a lb per day. Thank You God !!!! The stall had me so discouraged that I thought I was the only person alive that the sleeve wouldn't work for...now, so happy with it...

My doc and nutritionist both said carbs don't matter, only total Protein and total calories, but a 5 week stall leads me to think otherwise, at least for me. I think carbs do matter and lowering them just a little in exchange for fats has moved me back into the weight loss column also.

My doc and nutritionist both said carbs don't matter' date=' only total Protein and total calories, but a 5 week stall leads me to think otherwise, at least for me. I think carbs do matter and lowering them just a little in exchange for fats has moved me back into the weight loss column also.[/quote']

How many calories and how much protein were you instructed to have?

My doc and nutritionist both said carbs don't matter, only total Protein and total calories, but a 5 week stall leads me to think otherwise, at least for me. I think carbs do matter and lowering them just a little in exchange for fats has moved me back into the weight loss column also.

Lowering my carbs definitely worked for me. I tried upping my calories for a week, upping my protein for a week, and even counting WW points for a week. Finally , someone on here suggested lowering my carbs and I've lost 13lbs in 13 days...Amazingly, it worked for me! Thank God :)

How many calories and how much Protein were you instructed to have?

I'm supposed to have 1,500k per day, with 188 g of protein.

So funny how all docs and nuts say different things. Mine said not to count fat or calorie only carbs (less than 30 a day)and try for at least 90 grams of Protein.< /p>

My nut told me NO Protein bars as they're a carb packed nightmare and so far every bar I've got has been packed with carbs. Ive yet to find one that's high protein low carb. In fact my Dr. And nut gave us guidelines to use for our protein intake and how to guard against over loading and gaining. The guidelines are as follows.

Protein supplements should contain 15-25 gr of protein, NO more than 5-8 grams of sugar and no more than 3-5 grams of fat for each 8 oz prepared serving. 60-80 grams of protein are needed each day to maintain muscle and no collegen protein.

For those with stalls...maybe this will help?

My nut told me NO Protein bars as they're a carb packed nightmare and so far every bar I've got has been packed with carbs. Ive yet to find one that's high protein low carb. In fact my Dr. And nut gave us guidelines to use for our protein intake and how to guard against over loading and gaining. The guidelines are as follows.

Protein supplements should contain 15-25 gr of protein, NO more than 5-8 grams of sugar and no more than 3-5 grams of fat for each 8 oz prepared serving. 60-80 grams of protein are needed each day to maintain muscle and no collegen protein.

For those with stalls...maybe this will help?

Thank you, I was never given the info regarding the sugar and fat! I've prob been overdoing those just like I did the protein bars!! Thanks again :)

;-) I'm glad to help!! I feel that sharing info is crucial because we are all told different things. I've got a whole 3 ring binder full of info and if it helps anyone I'm glad to share! We are all striving for the same goals and no one should be deprived of that.

;-) I'm glad to help!! I feel that sharing info is crucial because we are all told different things. I've got a whole 3 ring binder full of info and if it helps anyone I'm glad to share! We are all striving for the same goals and no one should be deprived of that.

That is so kind of you and I totally agree...we're all in this together and it helps to be reassured that what we are doing may help someone else. I haven't seen my surgeon since the day of surgery and don't expect to. The NP is of no help over the phone..no encouragement or anything . This forum is so important to me!! It helped me get over my stall and although it may happen again, I will have some good tools/ideas to work with. The info is greatly appreciated :)!!

Well guys, my one lb a day was WONDERFUL while it lasted, but now a week with no loss. :( anybody got any more wt loss tricks??

Well guys' date=' my one lb a day was WONDERFUL while it lasted, but now a week with no loss. :( anybody got any more wt loss tricks??[/quote']

Yes!!! Who cares!!! Just do what your supposed to do. Eat right, keep the carbs low and Protein high do your exercise and it will keep on going down. Remember it took years to put it on and it will take a while to get it off. In the words of fat people all around. You can only eat that Buffett one bite at a time. Good luck

Keep hydrating and keep the Protein up....keep moving forward...the weight loss will catch up to you!