Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crystal light alternatives?

I am trying to cut out the fake sugar. It's hard considering plain Water makes me nauseated. This unfortunate effect is new since surgery and hopefully will abate as time passes

Until then, are there any simple powders or on-the-go packets I can add to flavor my water that don't have aspartame or sucralose?

Just squirting lemon has unfortunately not stopped the nausea so I'm hoping there's some miracle product or suggestion out there.

Thanks for any advice!

Courtney

Try drinking Decaf black tea or herbal tea.

I am trying to cut out the fake sugar. It's hard considering plain Water makes me nauseated. This unfortunate effect is new since surgery and hopefully will abate as time passes

Until then' date=' are there any simple powders or on-the-go packets I can add to flavor my Water that don't have aspartame or sucralose?

Just squirting lemon has unfortunately not stopped the nausea so I'm hoping there's some miracle product or suggestion out there.

Thanks for any advice!

Courtney[/quote']

I like the crystal lite Pure that uses stevia to sweeten. I try to stay clear of the aspartame. I still limit these but they seem to be the best alternative.

You might consider desani drops. The pink lemonade and coconut/pineapple are really good and do not appear to have an aftertaste. Very refreshing! I also like the ocean spray packets.

Thanks! I'll look into the crystal lite naturals. Is stevia healthier than Splenda? I haven't done my research clearly.

Never heard if Desani drops...what are they sweetened with?

Thanks!

Thanks! I'll look into the crystal lite naturals. Is stevia healthier than Splenda? I haven't done my research clearly.

Thanks!

According to the label it is sweetened with sucralose.

I drink a lot of peppermint tea, Breakfast tea ect and put a little honey in it.

(Peppermint tea soothes my stomach when queasy)

I have used Mio, not too bad but not sure what fake sugar it has

Thanks!

Stevia is plant based not made in a lab like Splenda is. I have not looked at the Desani drops, most liquid inhancers have sugar alcohol. I will have to look at them.

Pretty much every brand of packet or liquid Water Enhancer has artificial sweetener in it. Only alternative I've found was real sugar, which defeats the purpose!

There are some pre-flavored waters like MetroMint (very yummy, despite not being sweet at all) that don't have any sweeteners, though they tend to be pricey and for me, have to be ice cold. If you want to avoid artificial sweetener altogether, I would switch to Decaf black or green tea or even herbal tea. Or try flavoring your own Water. I have a friend who always has a pitcher of water in her fridge with some mint, ginger and berries in it. Which I like, but I need something more portable.

I don't like the idea of artificial sweeteners either but for my tastes, I have to deal with them for now or I'll never get my water in (now or especially post op). I am trying to use less and less flavor to wean myself off of them, but just can't quite stomach the water plain or just flavored with fruit/mint still.

I cannot stand plain Water either, Kristina J. I am still pre-op, but I have to use lemons or Mio in mine and wonder if I will always have to do that.

I like the crystal lite Pure that uses stevia to sweeten. I try to stay clear of the aspartame. I still limit these but they seem to be the best alternative.

I hadn't heard of these before today! I'll have to try them out!

I also just read (since this got me interested lol) that there are a few more brands of Water enhancers sweetened with stevia. I don't really know that it's better for you, there seem to be some differing opinions on that, but since I can't go completely without, I'll give it a shot. I like that its natural and plant based as opposed to chemical.

So, there's Crystal Light Pure. Only a few flavors and in pre-measured packets. (I use a big reusable water bottle, so I prefer the convenience of liquid enhancers).

There's also TRUE in flavors like lemon, orange and strawberry. Also just a few flavors and pre-measured packets. But really well reviewed!

Last, I saw an article talking about how Walmart is starting to make their Great Value Water Enhancers with stevia as well. So far there's only a few flavors and all in packets, but they are working on getting some additional flavors changed over and some liquid ones to the market soon!

Hoping I can wean myself off and drink straight water, but I'm sensitive to it now, just with a lap band! I can't imagine that'll get better after I'm sleeved. :-/

I loved just plain Water pre op, now 6 weeks out I can't do plain Water, I have to add something or it just sits heavy on my stomach. I do 2 oz g2 to 18 oz water. I'm hoping to be able to switch back to water soon. I hate the aftertaste of most of these flavorings.

Revision 1/31/13 by Dr Cabrera and Venezuela in MX

I just bought these plastic balls from Amazon. You fill with things like lemons and cucumbers or fruit. Close up. Drop in a pitcher of Water next day water is naturally infused with you favorite flavors. Infusion balls are $5.99. Then fill your own to go water bottles. Saves a ton of money too. Spas always serve freshly infused waters also.