Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any locals?

Hi everyone!

I did go and see Dr. Wynn Wednesday. She is really nice. She did give me a fill. I was happy with my weight loss over the last 2 months. I now have 7cc in a 9cc band. I am on mushies today and I had some cream of wheat for Breakfast. I COULD NOT eat the whole thing. After I ate close to 1/2 of it, I just threw the rest away. YEAH! I feel like the band is now working for me. It is an amazing feeling!

FYI - St. Francis will now have a post op only group. Now that I said that I can't remember which Wednesday it is. I think it is the 2nd Wednesday of the month. I'll have to check.

Lisa - 50 pounds!!!!! That is awesome. We should catch up again. Since it has been a while, I am sure that I will notice a big difference!

Lynn - I have to tell you that I think I get most irritated when I do what I consider the right thing (eating correctly) only to find out later that there were tons of carb/calories in what I ate. Yikes!

I tried a friend's wii fit the other night. It was so much fun! I am really considering getting one. I am not a big fan of exercise, but this stuff was actually fun. We played for around an hour. It seemed like 10 minutes! I did work up a sweat. The hoola hoop thing was a lot of fun. I didn't do that one that long, but I woke up the next day and noticed that some of unused muscles were a little achy.

How is everyone doing. this thread has been very quiet.

I had fill #3 Friday, I am at 5.5cc in my 14cc band,

Dr. Wynn was running behind on Friday so Dr. Iragu did my fill. It was just 0.5cc, and that was tough to get him to agree too. I thought maybe a bit more would be better, but he thought I was doing well where I was. If he only knew how hard I have been trying to stay on course these past few weeks.

I know the weight loss is slowing down, but I don't want it to stop. My next scheduled fill is 9/18, my 6 months bandaversary!

Good news is the hernia I have is too small to worry about and he said, not to worry about it!

I did get in my walk this morning, through the thunder and lightening, but stayed dry until I was finished.

Hi!

I went to the Wednesday night support group tonight and it was fun. It is the 2nd Wednesday of the month. Dr. Wynn is so sweet.

It was nice to see many successful people there. I would love to be as tiny as some of them were.

Lynn - glad you got your fill. Sometimes, I don't think the docs understand that you are loosing weight because of YOU, not the band. Because I am losing slowly, I have been able to get the fills.

Meg - did you go to the Tuesday night meeting? I heard that there were only 2 post ops there.

Anyone else going to do the Heart walk in September. I believe it is 2k. (Don't quote me, I haven't checked out the website. That was the talk at the meeting tonight)

Anyway, I moseying along with my weight loss. How is everyone doing?

How many people come to the post-op meeting on Wednesdays? I've been wanting to go to it, but it seems that there is always something that night.

I've pretty much given up on the Tuesday meetings. It's kind of fun being the only post-op in the room, and I enjoy helping people. But I really don't get much out of it for myself.

As for an update on me -- I need a serious kick in the pants! I'm snacking and not exercising. Bad, bad bandster. :biggrin: I really need to get myself back on track, and having a tough time doing it. Those "tomorrows" just keep adding up. :thumbup:

Healthy Heart Walk is September 7, a sunday. I was going to join the group here at work, but had to bow out. My knee has been giving out on me. I walk the 896/40 track, but have slowed down my pace.

I totally forgot about last night's meeting. And I was free to attend :biggrin:

Weight loss continues. and after last Friday's .5cc fill I have days of extreme restriction and times of almost nothing.. lunch to day kicked my A$$. I ate 3 shrimp and started to feel discomfort. Got up and walked a bit and feel better now.. but will only finish my Soup for now..

Hi Fairy! - If you need a butt kicking to get in gear, let us know! :biggrin:

Last night there were about 20 or so folks there last night. And of course, Dr. Wynn and MaryEllen and Sam. It was nice because there was a nice mixture. There were about 4-5 folks who had more than a year and were looking good. There was a lady who was about 9 months out and had lost 95 pounds. There were folks at a few months, a lady who was a week out and a man who was only a few days out.

I did find it helpful.

I also like going on Tuesdays because it is fun to help folks. It also reminds me why I did this in the first place. I find their enthusiasm contagious.

On a good note, I have finally lost over 30 pounds. I can't update my ticker right now, but I will as soon as I can! Woohoo......7 more pounds and I will be in double digits as to what I need to loose!

Thanks for the information about the walk Lynn. If anyone else is interested, the website is www.heartwalk.kintera.org/wilmingtonde

30 pounds is awesome! Well done! :rolleyes:

I don't need a kick as much as to have someone come over to my house around 9:00 am and drag me outside and dump me in the driver's seat of my car! Any volunteers? :biggrin:

I don't mind exercising. In fact, I am rather starting to enjoy it. That's not the problem. The problem is walking out the door! Especially since my only opportunity is in the morning after I get DS off to school and before my nephew comes over at 11:30. And I am SOOOO not a morning person!

If I miss that, fitting exercise into my nutsy schedule is almost impossible. Especially with small kids around - you can't take them on a walk with you, and you can't leave them at home.

OK - I don't have my sister's kids tomorrow, and there's no school. I'm going to make myself go exercise! I just need to make myself do it. I was doing really well for a while, then "life" got in the way and I lost the habit. I need to get it back again!

Hi Fairy:

Cool that you like exercise. Believe me, I know about trying to do ANYTHING with a small child around. My son has calmed down now, but he is still very active. (He was riding his bike in the storm last week. I realized it after he had been outside for a few minutes!)

I hope you get out to exercise today. I don't have any real words of wisdom. The only thing that has worked for me is if I make myself look at it like a doctor's appointment. Then I don't allow myself to miss it.

I did it! :lol: I went to the gym today. Busted my patootie. And, surprisingly, I haven't lost that much ground for missing for a couple months. I wasn't able to do the elliptical for quite as long, but aside from that, I only had to drop 5 reps off of one of my machines. And I didn't lower any of the weight settings. Woohoo! I was so worried that I was going to have to fight to get back to where I was after being so bad.

Of course, I did go to a campfire tonight and ate s'mores. I won't say how many. :) (Any chance there is Protein in milk chocolate?) I guess it's a good thing that dinner got stuck so I only ate a couple bites of that, though.

Fairy - congrats on getting back to the gym, and WTG not having to decrease anything from where you were before.

Hope - Glad to see you are doing better. You did have quite a few "disrsactions" during the early time after the band. Keep up the good work

Hey 366 - are you out there!!!! :thumbup:

Hi Delaware folks!

Fairy: very cool that you did your workout. Even better that it was similar to where you were!

Life is good. I'm glad. I was beginning to wonder about this band and if it was ever going to work. I have an appointment next week. I have a feeling that I will need to talk them into giving me a small fill. I really believe the next one will be "it".

Hellooooooo

(echo of hello, hello, hello.......)

Anyone come in this room anymore?

I'm going to the support group meeting on Tuesday. I am going to use the pre-ops to continue to motivate me!

I'm struggling a bit with the exercise........ UGH!

I'm here! :lol:

Can't make Tuesday, I have a PTA meeting. But I might try to make Wednesday. Anyone else going?

I'm still having a tough time fitting exercise in. If I make it once a week I'm lucky. :crying: But, I have been being really good about walking up to school. It takes about 10-15 minutes one way (depending on how fast I can get the kids to walk and how many times the dogs poop), but it's up a hill so that helps. That's 2 walks a day 3x/week, and 1 walk 2x/week. Not a lot, but better than I was doing a year ago!

However, I'm also in a plateau for about 2 months. I've got to get my motivation back. I'm eating until full instead of just satisfied, and that late night snack is killing me. I just can't give it up. I'm going to just have to get all the Snacks out of the house. Which isn't fair to the rest of the family.

Both are at the St. Francis site next to CHRIAS, at 6:00 pm.

Tuesday is the "original" support group, with mostly pre-ops who are required to attend. I have no idea if there is a topic this month. Typically a lot of "newbie" discussion - insurance, liquids/mushies, etc, and not a lot of post-op help.

Wednesday is the post-op group with Dr. Wynn. (I've never been to one of these.)