Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any locals?

Julie - waiting until October..... the Drs must be busy. I took a little over 3 months for my pre op classes and clearances, main reason was getting appts set up round my work. but once all were done i had a surgery date in 3 weeks...

It is well worth it though, best decisionmy life

tomorrow I go in for my 2nd fill.... yippee

I was originally supposed to be a 3 monther but my insurance requires a full 6 months so Oct. was the soonest they'd allow. Bummer for me. But I'll get there and then I'll look back and think 3 months went fast!

I am so looking forward to a fill today. :redface:

wish I could eat this morning, but with the cat scan at noon, no food or drink after 6am today. I am sooo hungry!!! :smile2:

I will need to exercise tonight...

Hi everyone!

It is hard to put yourself first! I actually have started to put exercise blocks on my calendars. I'm making appointments to exercise. It is good to get a buddy or two. If you know someone else is going to be there, you are likely to go and exercise!

Welcome Julie! Bummer that your insurance makes you wait. But, I had to pay for this myself, so count yourself lucky that your insurance will pay for it. I'm sure time is dragging. It did seem like that to me. Now, when I look back, it went pretty quickly. I did everything in just over 2 months. Take this time to educate yourself about the process. You really can't learn too much. You might also try to do some of the things you will think are personally difficult. As an example, I really thought it would be tough to not drink with meals. To drink 1/2 before or after eating. I started doing that at one meal, then another, until I did it all day. I found out that this was not the tough thing for me.

I also gave up soda a few weeks before surgery. I tried to eat 5 small meals. Things like that!

Hey Lynn - how is the 2nd fill going? I hope it went well. I am soooooo looking forward to my next fill!

Well, I am doing pretty good for now. The only thing I have noticed is that in the afternoon I start to feel weak, then sleepy. Does anyone else have this? My instict is to go gobble some food, but my instinct got me where I am, so I don't listen. I did take a Vitamin b tablet in hopes that it would help. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Edited by hopeinapril

The fill went great. felt fine all night and all day Friday, liquids only.

Lisa and I went out Friday night and when I got home I was famished, so I ate the meat from an Arby's sandwich. MISTAKE.. I felt like I was stomped on my chest for a few hours. couldmn't even sleep. then this morning i took some Water with my meds and within 5 inutes it was back up. I was a bit panicy. I have never had issues with liquid..so was very careful afterwards, had some coffee a bit later and it went down very slowly, I think the warmth of the coffee helped loosen the band temporarily. So now eating mushies, very carefully. So hope it helps.

I was amazed that 1cc added made such a difference in restriction. but greatful that it has. I just have to remember to be careful and watch my bite size, chewing and eat slow.

hey everyone,

sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been doing a lot of lurking and not much posting.

I had my second fill yesterday, so now I'm up to 3.5 ccs in my 9 cc Realize band. I weighed in yesterday, about a 5lb loss since my last doc appt two weeks ago, but I was (am?) having hunger issues and larger-than-I-should portion sizes, so Dr. I gave me a .5 cc fill. The second fill was SO much easier than the first. I have to remind Dr. I to use a long needle next time, though. Less pokes that way!

I walked down 11 flights of stairs yesterday in my office bldg. I wanted to go to the little deli in my building to get a cup soft serve vanilla, but I wouldn't unless I walked down there. My legs hurt today! :tongue_smilie:

I'm supposed to be progressing to the 1-2-3 "normal" foods diet after I'm off 24 hours of post-fill liquids. Not sure what I'll try first. Any ideas?

Hope you all are well!

Meg

Hey Meg, glad to see things are going well.

I had 2nd fill last week and noticing a difference. Trying to watch quantitiy, seems 1/4 cup green Beans and about 3 oz chicken and 2 oz baked potatoe was lunch today. and was full

Next visit with DR is 8/8/08, so maybe another fill then.

WTG for the steps. I have not taken the elvator here at work since I came back from surgery, and do alot of walking here at work.

Hi everyone!

Congrats on the 2nd fills Lynn and Meg. I hope they work well for you!

Meg - do you have anything you are craving? I just wanted something to CHEW! Any meat that is dry or well done is not a good idea. But, I'd satisfy any cravings you have. The amount of food is pretty small. (like Lynn said)

hope everyone else is doing well. I got in some exercise today, always a good thing. It was pretty nice to walk around town and up and down steps without all the humidity!

Hi All, Yesterday I had my nurse practitioner/psych eval. appointment. It went really well. They scheduled me for my clearance appointment in September and told me to call Mistee for an appointment for my surgery the end of October. I called her this morning and got it set up. :thumbup:It just feels good to have a date to look forward to. It sounds like you're all doing great. I'm going on vacation the end of the week to see my children and grandbabies in Atlanta. I've been doing my swimming and following the eating program. I've lost 7 pounds since I started so I'm pretty well pleased. I hope everybody is enjoying the summer. I'll be glad when it's over. I love the fall!!:thumbup:

Hi guys. Stopped in to see Sam today and he mentioned that there was a recent guideline change when it comes to the Multivitamins. I guess the children's chewable are not enough anymore. He said to use the optisource chewable multivitamin/ mineral supplement (1 tab 4 times a day) or the Bariatric Advantage Vita Band (1 tab 2 times a day). You should give him a call and discuss. There is some Calcium in the tablets, so we will have to take some individual calcium. But not as much as previously advised.

I just purchased some of the Bariatric Advantage vits online, they only come in two flavors: watermellon and lemon. They are considerably higher in price than the childrens chewables.< /p>

meg,

I would try a really great salad (side salad). I do really well with salads. Maybe put some of your favorite cheese and dressing on it. Just be careful in the beginning with meats, they tend to get stuck the fastest. Stay away from bready things too! Bad habbit to get into.

meg- I agree with Lisa, be careful of your first meat choices, tuna was my first choice, and I was able to get in 2 oz.tat was it.... scrambled eggs are good and make sure whatever you decide on that it is not dry.. that makes it tough to get down.

Exercise is ongoing. off for a walk in a little bit...

my fill last week seems to be doing well for me. i have noticed I am eating almost half of what I was this time last week, at least most of the time. and that is uaually because of what I am eating. those soft foods just go down so much easier!!!!! :biggrin2:

thanks for your food answers! last night I had a little bit of baked potato and a piece of chicken andouille, which is spicy, but I was fine. It was heavenly.

today for lunch I'm having some deli turkey and cheese on crackers. A grown-up lunchables, if you will :frown:. Hope that goes ok too.

I've only had two "episodes" and they were both with tuna on mushies. I was fine, chewing right along through it all when suddenly - BAM! It felt like an elephant was not only sitting on my chest, but in my chest, blocking me! It really @!#^ hurt! I got up, walked around, did some deep breathing, and in a few minutes it passed. Not sure if that was air or a "stuck." Hard to believe it was stuck food because I was eating pureed tuna in tiny bites, chewed thoroughly.

Hardest thing for me right now: drinking with meals. This is so hard!!!!!!!!!!! I've been trying at work by not bringing my glass into the kitchen for lunch. But, at home, I always have a glass of crystal light with me.

I'm also trying out the Realize band's support website. I like that I can add photos, track my fills, and record my food intake. However, their food database is pretty tiny. I couldn't find Hellmann's light mayo, for instance. Hmph.

for food log try TheDAilyPlate, it is great for almost any food and restaurant selections, and you can log exercise too, and the basic sign up is free. I find it is a great boost to have it as a tool