Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah the more you read the more comfortable you will be. You will meet someone. Pantalas husband is taking care of us at the end of march. Lol I'm just picking pantala. Hopefully I will be able to manage.

Pantalas hubby is going to have his hands full! I think it is myself, cindysc and imdeborah all traveling alone at the end of March!

I have had concerns about being alone, but I know that this surgery will change my life. So I've mustered up the courage to just do it! And finding all the other people on this site has made me much more confident.

My friend who hasn't worked in months thankfully just got a job. However that means she can't go to TJ with me next week for my surgery! Am I insane for doing this alone?

I went alone to dr. Guillermo Alvarez 1 week ago and it was perfectly fine. No troubles at all. Slept most of the time.

I went alone to dr. Guillermo Alvarez 1 week ago and it was perfectly fine. No troubles at all. Slept most of the time.

How are you feeling?? I am going to Alvarez on the 30th. Take care.

How are you feeling?? I am going to Alvarez on the 30th. Take care.

I feel great. So much energy. It's been 9 days. Maybe it has do do with my low BMI it is 37. Today is my first day of full liquids. Right now I am having cream of broccoli cheese Soup that I blended. No complications at all. A little pain/soarness. It did hurt a little to swallow but very tolerable. Warm was better. Good luck. No worries

That is great! I am so excited, I can't wait. I start my pre op Sat. Not looking forward to that part but I will be OK. Glad to speak to someone that went to Alvarez, not that many people on here go to him. Have a great day.

Doreyrae, I think you will be fine. I know it would b nice if there was more feedback on him. What in have seen is good. If it wasn't for the extra money I might if went with him. I wish you well on your journey and be sure to post.

That is great! I am so excited, I can't wait. I start my pre op Sat. Not looking forward to that part but I will be OK. Glad to speak to someone that went to Alvarez, not that many people on here go to him. Have a great day.

When I went there was a lady on the same day as me. She's from Nebraska and we still keep in touch and she is doing well also. I also met 2 other girls from Utah that were sleeved the day before me. There are more than you think.

That's good to know. Thank you

I went alone to Alvarez, and I did just fine. One piece of advice for those traveling alone though, Pack Lightly!!! I thought I had, but I still had trouble lugging my back pack through the airport. Lol.

I also met another lady having surgery the same day as I did, and that was great!

Doreyrae' date=' I think you will be fine. I know it would b nice if there was more feedback on him. What in have seen is good. If it wasn't for the extra money I might if went with him. I wish you well on your journey and be sure to post.[/quote']

Thank you so much. I am looking forward to this new journey.