Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My friend who hasn't worked in months thankfully just got a job. However that means she can't go to TJ with me next week for my surgery! Am I insane for doing this alone?

Objectively, no. But it depends on your comfort level. The more I have read on this forum, the better I feel about going to MX for this surgery, my choice of dr, and the sleeve itself.

At the beginning of my search I would not have felt comfortable about going but now I would! PLENTY of folks who post here have gone, and will be going alone. But you're not really alone. Someone else here (probably several someones) are going the same time as you.

I bet they will chime in and before you know it, you won't be going alone at all.....

My friend who hasn't worked in months thankfully just got a job. However that means she can't go to TJ with me next week for my surgery! Am I insane for doing this alone?

You can find out if anyone from here is going the same time, same place. It seems like a lot of people make sleeve buddies while there :)

You will be fine. I was hell bent I wasn't going alone. I'm way to scary for that lol but things

Happen and my husband wasn't able to come. Luckily I became close friends with a member here that was going alone also so we booked

And came together. There is many people that

Go alone. Just keep a eye out on

Who is going around your time and buddy up.

Yeah the more you read the more comfortable you will be. You will meet someone. Pantalas husband is taking care of us at the end of march. Lol I'm just picking pantala. Hopefully I will be able to manage.

I went alone...was sleeved by Dr. Garcia on Feb. 21st. I was picked up at the San Diego airport; Ready4Achange scheduled the Marriott shuttle to and from the hospital, and I was picked up at the hotel for the return trip to the airport. Those were my four trips, and they were all pre-arranged by the coordinator; all I did was show up on time. I didn't see much of Tijuana, but I felt completely safe the entire time that I was in Mexico. You will meet other sleevers at the hospital and then probably spend time with them at the hotel. So don't worry...just do it!

I went solo and actually preferred it. You need the time to rest and recover after the surgery. And, the last thing you want afterwards is someone near you eating a meal. The smell would make you gag.

It seems that for the folks who have someone with them, they're out shopping and running around. Which while you might think you're ready for that - you're not! One of the docs at a followup appointment for me highly discourages people from going shopping, etc. But, your friend/family/etc will want something to do!

If I wasn't back at the dr. office for a followup I spend most of my time in my room resting, reading, watching tv or pacing around my room. My friends would have been bored stiff.

I wish that I was going alone without my boyfriend and leave his ass home

Lotti ?????? Do tell!!! Lol

I worked at my job today as a nurse been having hunger headaches now for three days feel shitty stomach growling and all I came home was in process of defrosting plain chicken no skin of course he says in a f....d up tone what are you making now next time I will grab something before I get the hell home!

As far as the way you feel after surgery you should be fine. I had people with me but I would have been fine if I would have been by myself.

I worked at my job today as a nurse been having hunger headaches now for three days feel shitty stomach growling and all I came home was in process of defrosting plain chicken no skin of course he says in a f....d up tone what are you making now next time I will grab something before I get the hell home!

I feel for you. They don't understand at all. I am sure there is gonna be lots if moments like that around my house. Hang in there. You will probably be glad he is there at the time.

I can't speak for traveling all the way to Mexico, but I was alone an hour away from home. The sleeve has so changed my life for the better, if I had to go to Mexico alone to get it done-I would. I hope you get yours done, and no- you are not crazy. :)

Thanks everyone! I love this site so much. Just when I came to terms with going alone, my best friend refused to let me go alone. Her job bans her from traveling to Mexico, but she got special authorization to go with me. So surgery is still on!!