Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is the sleeve the first surgery for anyone?

This will be my first "real" surgery. I've had 3 wisdom teeth taken out but I really don't count that as surgery. What was the most painful part? Any suggestions beyond sipping and walking?

Not my first. The pain is not bad. Do not worry. Walking and sipping is work after. Trust me. ;). Make sure you have gas x. You will need it. It is hard to get fluids in but try very hard. You do not want to get sick from no fluids. You will do well. Days2-4 are worst! Good luck and let us know how u do !!

Thank you so much for the info!! I am super scared and look up to everyone in post op!!! :) I have surgery in less then a month I'm just trying to be prepared for anything I can.

It is scary and exciting. Do not worry.dkes our habits worse. If you have decent health and do what doc says. Complications are rare. They do happen to unsuspecting peeps however I was willing to take the risk for my future. Talk to others. Use support groups and make sure you have a few good supporters at home or work!

You are going great. Freaked us all out. Gets you ready. Only thing is you will not even want it later. I still get Hungry but not ravenous like before. Change is weird and amazing.

How far out are you?

Sleeved 1-14. :)

I'm post op one week, this was my first real surgery. I had teeth work done where they knock me out, but I don't count that. It was over in the blink of an eye. One second the nurse is telling me to breathe deep and relax, the next they're telling me to wake up and asking how I feel. I was nervous as all get out, but they gave me some meds in pre op to calm me down.

It sounds like everyone is doing really well. Thank you so much for the info! At this point I just can't imagine going through with it! I guess if I'm just kept on meds ill be more calm?

The sleeve was my first surgery. My date was 2.28.13 - pain is tolerable (trust me, I'm a wimp) hurts getting up or sitting down. Walking feels good also helps with gas pains. I did the liquid diet for 16 days. Nothing but Proteins shakes, SF Popsicles, I could have had SF Jello but I'm not a fan, Powerade zero, crystal light, and broth ( I've found Herb Ox to be the best tasting one.) Pre-op I was terrified, had second thoughts, freaked out, cried, mourned - definitely a roller coaster ride. I was frightened about anesthesia - but when they rolled me in - I honestly don't even remember counting. I was knocked out by the time the was oxygen mask on. In fact, it was over so quickly I woke up in the OR with the anesthesiologist standing over and I said is it finished? Did I do it? I don't regret my decision. Pre-op liquids are the worst. I find doing liquids post op is much easier. Honestly, it takes me about 4 hours to complete a Protein Shake (perhaps half of that is because it's not most appetizing with Water, but thinner and easier for my sleeve right now, but a majority of it being I am so full from sipping liquids all day.) Good luck guys!