Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pigging out before LIQUID DIET?

I ate ALL THE THINGS before I went on my pre-op diet but I still managed to lose weight. Hilarious. I wasn't trying but what would happen was that I wanted lets say... pizza at lunch, so I would order pizza with my husband and I would eat SO MUCH that I ended up fasting the rest of the day, not on purpose, but I was just feeling nasty because I ate like a pig in the middle of the day.

I did get that out of my system though because you need to take the preop diet seriously. It chaps my azz when people talk about disreguarding their pre-op diet instructions. I wasn't perfect but you HAVE to take it seriously or you really are taking your life into your hands.

I did. The week before my preop diet I ate out at all my fav restaurants and ate all my fav stuff....now I'm 7 mth out 90 lbs down and I don't regret having my food funerals....

Yesterday was my last day of eating out, my liquid-diet doesn't start till march 13th, but I've realized now why I'm getting sleeved. If I keep eating like I do, I'm on a pathway to a coffin. It's fun eating hamburgers till I'm full and all you can eat buffets, but I ask myself? What do I get in return?

HBP

High cholesterol

Bigger waste

Feel like crap

One day closer to diabetes

And money wasted...

Every time I get the thought of backing out of getting sleeved, I think of living a healthy life and how I feel after eating junk. Please keep me on track fellow sleevers, I've got 16 days till my day!

Thanks for everyone's help, opinion and the ones that are nice enough to stay on the forum after getting sleeved helping us pre-sleevers! We really appreciate everything!

Yesterday was my last day of eating out' date=' my liquid-diet doesn't start till march 13th, but I've realized now why I'm getting sleeved. If I keep eating like I do, I'm on a pathway to a coffin. It's fun eating hamburgers till I'm full and all you can eat buffets, but I ask myself? What do I get in return?

HBP

High cholesterol

Bigger waste

Feel like crap

One day closer to diabetes

And money wasted...

Every time I get the thought of backing out of getting sleeved, I think of living a healthy life and how I feel after eating junk. Please keep me on track fellow sleevers, I've got 16 days till my day!

Thanks for everyone's help, opinion and the ones that are nice enough to stay on the forum after getting sleeved helping us pre-sleevers! We really appreciate everything![/quote']

You can do it! You are ready!

Remember it's not easy but keep your eye on the prize! Think skinny thoughts ;)

I'm getting sleeved on tuesday and I definitely had food FUNERALS! But I'll tell ya... it just made the start of liquid diet so much harder. It was very hard on me so much that I had to call my therapist. I regretted it so much and wished I had implemented at least part of my liquid diet w/o over doing it. I was feeling as if I'll never see some of my favorite foods again and not realizing I'll see them again...just not as a pig! You are very wise with your decision to start your diet early. Best of luck!

Okay I slipped up again, was craving Taco Casa... Large Dr Peoper with 3 refills, 4 soft tacos and one meat burrito later I'm feeling like crap once again. So ready for the sleeve...

Can anyone tell me on how the hunger issue is with the sleeve? And the cravings?

Okay I slipped up again' date=' was craving Taco Casa... Large Dr Peoper with 3 refills, 4 soft tacos and one meat burrito later I'm feeling like crap once again. So ready for the sleeve...

Can anyone tell me on how the hunger issue is with the sleeve? And the cravings?[/quote']

They are still there... You have to use self control because the sleeve can be worked around

I've seen it on this board

The first six months are easy because you will get sick if you try to eat too much

But soon the restriction lessens and your stomach digests faster and you can continue to fill it up.

( I'm there now at ten months out)

I attend therapy sessions, kinda like over eaters anon.

If you can reach out and find something like this it will be beneficial

You deserve a healthy life!

I'm sorry jc! This pre-op time is hard. We know there is hope and change coming and we want to badly to start making these changes now. I am working so hard to stick to a diet before my surgery (not my pre-op diet yet), but I have had a few slips too. We're food addicts with room to put all that food right now. We need to deal with both issues!! I am working with my therapist, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't know that a whole box of prepared Kraft Mac and cheese can fit in a Soup bowl!! :-/

A slip up doesn't mean we fail, it means we need to renew our commitment! But I would definitely look into a therapist or support group to help with food addiction. Surgery will help, but it won't solve all our food issues. We CAN do this. Just gotta be honest with ourselves about what's gotten us to this point! :)

Okay I slipped up again' date=' was craving Taco Casa... Large Dr Peoper with 3 refills, 4 soft tacos and one meat burrito later I'm feeling like crap once again. So ready for the sleeve...

Can anyone tell me on how the hunger issue is with the sleeve? And the cravings?[/quote']

Ok you need to start cutting ONE meal a day and replace it with a shake to ease yourself into the liquid diet Phase or it's going to be really hard on you... I know this because I had to do the same thing because I was (am) addicted to over eating.

Hello everyone. I am new to this website. I am having my sleeve on March 12th. I was supposed to do a 3 week presurgery diet but my surgeon got the flu and I got to do it another 2 weeks. I have cheated a some but I have lost 25 lbs thus far. I am worried about my liver not being shrunk enough. Does anyone have any words of encouragement?

Me too have to start it tomorrow; going to chillis tonight last real large meal for me :/

Hello everyone. I am new to this website. I am having my sleeve on March 12th. I was supposed to do a 3 week presurgery diet but my surgeon got the flu and I got to do it another 2 weeks. I have cheated a some but I have lost 25 lbs thus far. I am worried about my liver not being shrunk enough. Does anyone have any words of encouragement?

I think that you have done great! You had your cheats and I understand! That sucks when they move your surgery out.

Start NOW again and be on the straight and narrow and you will be good!!! :)

You've lost 25 lbs!! That's awesome!

Just stick to it and if you cheat make it lean Protein

Congrats on your upcoming surgery

They're right (don't tell them I said so, it's gonna start going to their heads), 25lbs is awesome and you're doing well. Forget the cheats you've had and start fresh right now. You'll be fine! :)

Been there, done that!