Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like i am loosing control.

Need serious suggestions. I totally feel like I a going to loose control. I want to eat everything! I am just 5 months out. Still need to loose 15 pounds to get to goal. Down 86. Was down 88 but two came back on. I go into the teachers room looking for something to munch. I am craving junk. Drinking Water does not get rid of the urge. Even while I'm teaching I am thinking about munchies. Sunday and Monday were bad days, Tuesday was better and today I am crawling with the urge to nosh. I don't want to screw this up. What do you do when you want to eat the entire corner store?

I eat low carb high Protein foods when I have those carb cravings. Hamburger with Woshister sauce, grilled pork loin with adobo seasoning, or for something sweet, I eat sugar free Jell-O mixed with cream cheese.

I recently found a really spicy/sweet dip at Wal-Mart in the cooler. It's made with greek yogurt instead of sour cream, very yummy mixed with hamburger or shredded chicken and cheese.< /p>

I can so relate , I am also 5 months out and I ameating sooo much now , it worries me .... I still have 44 to lose .... I have been trying to pull back on how much I am eating ... I will try lil Diva's bootcamp and see if I can kick start some loss again and definitely staying away from carbs

I eat more firm Protein when I have crazy cravings. Usually that fixes it for me.

When I am craving something junky, I tell myself I can have it later, I don't need to have it right this minute. Sometimes I try to picture the food in the store. For example, cases of candy bars or entire racks of donuts. I realize there is no shortage of candy bars or donuts and yes, I can wait and have one later.

And I do something else. Like instead of heading to the kitchen looking for Snacks, I put on lip gloss and hand lotion.

If I'm still craving something, I will try having a low calorie drink, such as tea with Splenda or 15 calorie lemonaide.

I keep Snacks that I like, but not too much. Such as cut up fruit and pretzels.

Lynda

Is this all happening around you Tom? Or is it just all the time? I get this way a couple days before my period and it lasts a couple of days. Try to have good stuff always available. Don't buy the crap and you won't have it around to tempt you. Good luck!

I go through the same stages as you are right now. I am 10 1/2 months out , and am down to my goal weight.( as of yesterday :)) I log everything I eat into my fitness pal. Regardless what I eat. Some days are bad. Ice cream, brownies, chips. I still log all of it. I'm allowed 1200 calories a day. I usually use all my calories. I workout all the time so, I don't feel as guilty if I fall off. The key is to get back on track if you do fall off. For the most part I am diligent. But. We are all human and will fall off from time to time.

Some days it's easy to resist temptations. And other days its so hard.

Good luck!! Stay strong. ????

Good advice here.

I experience this urge to eat endlessly around my cycle but otherwise it's not really the same for me. If it's only around your cycle, odds are good that it's purely hormonal and something you'll just have to learn to cope with, unfortunately.

If it's something related to the desire to binge, to graze, to eat emotionally, etc., it's important to work on addressing it so it doesn't haunt you in maintenance. There are some really great threads here that can offer you some support if that's the case and I urge you to search them out.

Have you recently weaned off your PPI? That could be part of the issue. Are you low-carbing? For me, incorporating a higher number of good quality carbs really curbs the desire to snack and to graze on less healthy choices. And of course, focusing on good quality, high Protein Snacks at regular intervals throughout your day can only help you, so try that if you aren't already. I need to eat every couple hours, not just a few times a day.

Good luck,

~Cheri

Good advice here.

I experience this urge to eat endlessly around my cycle but otherwise it's not really the same for me. If it's only around your cycle' date=' odds are good that it's purely hormonal and something you'll just have to learn to cope with, unfortunately.

If it's something related to the desire to binge, to graze, to eat emotionally, etc., it's important to work on addressing it so it doesn't haunt you in maintenance. There are some really great threads here that can offer you some support if that's the case and I urge you to search them out.

Have you recently weaned off your PPI? That could be part of the issue. Are you low-carbing? For me, incorporating a higher number of good quality carbs really curbs the desire to snack and to graze on less healthy choices. And of course, focusing on good quality, high Protein Snacks at regular intervals throughout your day can only help you, so try that if you aren't already. I need to eat every couple hours, not just a few times a day.

Good luck,

~Cheri[/quote']

I'm sorry, I don't know what PPI is.

Ppi is a proton pump inhibitor or acid reducer.

Chesters corn puffs is the answer. It comes in butter or nacho cheese flavor. 46 pieces is 160 delicous calories lol another would be popcorn. Air popped popcorn, pam spray and seasoning awesome and very low in calories! For sweet I go for DARK chocolate dove mmmmmmmm. 1 bar 220 calories :) The key is yo can have junk but not all the time. Also make sure you are drinking enough Water and try taking an acid reducer.

Ppi is a proton pump inhibitor or acid reducer.

I still have No idea what that is. Is that the anti ulcer stuff?