Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I went to see my doctor today and my surgery is set for March 18th. That's only 3 weeks away!!!!

I have to go to my primary doctor and get blood work done first and then an x ray done of my chest. After that I have to take a 4 hour course and then I'm ready!!

Any advice as far as what I'll want to bring to the hospital? They said ill be there Monday through Wednesday. Everything helps!!

I was only in the hospital one night. I took a bunch of stuff and really did not use any of it. I had surgery on WED and went home on thursday. If you use a CPAP you do need to bring that with you to the hospital.

My doctor has told me its a mandatory stay sadly. So I'll be there 3 days. I don't use what you were saying. I just am going through what I might want as I'm laying there for two nights.

All I wanted to do the night of surgery was sleep and hit the pain med button. But I would say a laptop or ipad if you have one. Your cell phone and charger. Maybe some magazines or a book.

Toothbrush, toothpaste etc..

I brought a big comfy sweater to wear over the hospital gown because your going to be up and walking a lot.. I don't know it your a boy or a girl..

Hehe.. Ok I brought lotion, hair ties, nook also!

A comfy cami type sports bra that closes in the front cause I hate the girls swinging free when I'm walking and don't want to sleep in a full bra.

The long front zippered sweater I wore over my hospital gown I also wore to and from the hospital with a pair of large yoga type pants.

My stay was also a mandatory 4 day. Phone and charger for sure, a comfy robe (hospitals are cold) over hosp gown makes it better, I was glad I brought my slippers it helped with the walking and allowed me to walk out to gardens and not have my feet get cold. I recommend you get up and walk as much as you can. Toothbrush toothpaste although you may not be able to first day since they don't allow you to drink anything at least that was my case. Small sturdy pillow helps abdomen pain when standing sitting coughing. Careful with your emails, texting and posting during the happy morph button period

i stayed one night but had the option to go home the day of surgery..

shoes need to be easy on/easy off

bring some loose fitting sweats or something for the ride home

chap stick helped me out as my mouth was pretty dry for a couple of days

other than that i just had the normal stuff. if they've already given you a spirometer then bring it with you.

good luck and have fun!

I was very glad that I brought my heating pad, it helped so much!!!