Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Better late than never...

Have you ever felt like someone has been watching you? Well, it has been me! I have been lurking in these forums now for over 9 months and I figured it was finally time I said hello. I have found these forums so helpfull as I move through this "journey" so Thank you.

Well here is a little bit about myself. I am 29 years old, i stand 6'5" and my heighest weight was 490. Ugh just writing that makes me feel disguisted lol. I began my month long pre op diet on 1/1/13 at 480. Yes, you read that right 4 week pre op diet. It was pure hell but I stuck to it and lost 25 lbs! Then just when i thought the pre op torture was over, my surgery gets postponed a week! So I actually went 5 weeks of only Protein Shakes but to be honest I took it very serious and went into surgery on 2/5 at 450 lbs.

Surgery went very smoothe. Woke up and was walking within an hour. Honestly I thought it would be a lot more painfull. I had the usual gas pain but walking helped.

So today at 3 weeks I currently weigh (Drrumroll please)...417. So thats 63 lbs gone forever!

Soo before I bore you anymore I just want to once again say thanks to everyone who does post on these forums. I have learned a lot and think i might possibly be addicted to the search bar for looking up every thing under the sun.

Good luck to everyone on here!

Hi and welcome!

Lol with a name like that, you are going to have a lot of people chasing after you!!

Great job so far! I can't wait to hear more from you.

Laura

Have you ever felt like someone has been watching you? Well, it has been me! I have been lurking in these forums now for over 9 months and I figured it was finally time I said hello. I have found these forums so helpfull as I move through this "journey" so Thank you.

Well here is a little bit about myself. I am 29 years old, i stand 6'5" and my heighest weight was 490. Ugh just writing that makes me feel disguisted lol. I began my month long pre op diet on 1/1/13 at 480. Yes, you read that right 4 week pre op diet. It was pure hell but I stuck to it and lost 25 lbs! Then just when i thought the pre op torture was over, my surgery gets postponed a week! So I actually went 5 weeks of only Protein shakes but to be honest I took it very serious and went into surgery on 2/5 at 450 lbs.

Surgery went very smoothe. Woke up and was walking within an hour. Honestly I thought it would be a lot more painfull. I had the usual gas pain but walking helped.

So today at 3 weeks I currently weigh (Drrumroll please)...417. So thats 63 lbs gone forever!

Soo before I bore you anymore I just want to once again say thanks to everyone who does post on these forums. I have learned a lot and think i might possibly be addicted to the search bar for looking up every thing under the sun.

Good luck to everyone on here!

Awesome stats! Wow, 5 weeks on shakes. Your one strong person. Welcome to the boards. Looking forward to hearing about your journey.

You are so funny!! Love the name!!!! Congrats on your amazing journey so far! Woohoo!!!

I think Chris P. Bacon just wants us to drool over him ;P

Welcome and congrats on your new journey and glad you came out of the pantry!

9 months! That has got to be a record. Either that or stalking!!! Well done on the fantastic start. I'm sure you're going to achieve great things. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Welcome...& glad you decided to share! Will look forward to your updates!

Excellent job! Way to hang in there. ...tells me you will be very successful and most likely accomplish about anything you set your mind to!

That is terrific! Welcome to the losers bench!

That is an amazing weightloss! I don' t think anyone will find your posts boring. Welcome and congrstulations!

That is an amazing weightloss! I don' t think anyone will find your posts boring. Welcome and congratulations!

Congratulations. I think that we could definitely use more stories and updates from high BMI folks - a huge help for others following in your path! Sounds like you are off to a great start.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Welcome!! You are doing great. Keep up the good work.