Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow. Thank you so much for your testimony! It really rang true with me, I admire your corrage in laying it out there. food addiction is a powerful thing. What kind of recovery did you have? When you were first healing did you feel any restriction with soft food?

To the OP: it is about what you are eating. The "cravings" are in your head. No matter how small your stomach is you need to get a handle on this part of it. Even if your stomach is a little bigger, don't know who your surgeon is you won't mention it, you are failing because of what you are chosing to eat not because the sleeve is failing you.

BTW I had a BMI of 36, had Dr Garcia as a surgeon and he used a 32F bougie(to respond to amytug's post).

You need to get back to the basics: record your food intake, weigh/measure all of your food, eat high Protein low carb, maybe see a councellor to help you through the cravings. Why are you even around pizza and eating two pieces of it? I do feel sorry for you but please don't blame the sleeve or the surgeon. Take a hold and be responsible for your actions and get the junk out of your house.

Just want to add that this surgery comes with a major lifestyle change. You should not be eating what you did pre-surgery and expecting the weight to miraculously fall off. There has to be a "diet change", better eating habits, in order to facilitate this. If you have obsessive thoughts etc, you clearly were not ready to being this life changing journey. Right now I beleive it is trouble in your head that is preventing you from being successful. Eating a starvation diet is not the way(as you put it). Most of us do eat low carb and I am sure that I will for the rest of my life. Good Luck to you.

To the OP: it is about what you are eating. The "cravings" are in your head. No matter how small your stomach is you need to get a handle on this part of it. Even if your stomach is a little bigger' date=' don't know who your surgeon is you won't mention it, you are failing because of what you are chosing to eat not because the sleeve is failing you.

BTW I had a BMI of 36, had Dr Garcia as a surgeon and he used a 32F bougie(to respond to amytug's post).

You need to get back to the basics: record your food intake, weigh/measure all of your food, eat high Protein low carb, maybe see a councellor to help you through the cravings. Why are you even around pizza and eating two pieces of it? I do feel sorry for you but please don't blame the sleeve or the surgeon. Take a hold and be responsible for your actions and get the junk out of your house.[/quote']

I agree 100%. Whether you have 85% or 75% of your stomach removed, that's still 3/4 of your stomach and there's not much difference in that restriction. Maybe drink more Water, you could be confusing your "hunger" with thirst.

Before surgery I was always a volume eater, it took a lot to fill me up. Pre-op I did WW and used their philosophy of filling with veggies before my main meal, I made my own version of their veggie Soup or had a salad before my entree or eat an hour after. Frequent meals but low in calories. This might be a good strategy for you.

or possibly could be acid in your stomach that makes you feel like you are hungry.. but proper dieting should fix that.. and an antacid.. please stick to the diet that was provided.. if I get too full.. boy can I tell.. im very uncomfortable.. Protein protein protein.. stay away from the fast food, high sugar foods.. even processed foods have hidden sugars and fats and high in sodium.. start tracking your food.. I do..and when I get close.. to my calorie limit... thats it for me..and I do get my water..and are you taking your Vitamins regularly too? and Im afraid like the doc.. it is a tool.. and we have to be the ones to use it properly.. and I will have to ask my doc if he has ever taken less of the stomach because of a lower bmi.. never heard of that.. funny thing tho.. I was like in the beginning did he take it at all? lol.. just was worried it wasnt going to work for me..and sometimes the people with the lower bmi lose more slowly than those of us with higher bmi's. best of luck to you.. time to jump start your system... get it on the move again.. hopefully you will find something in these posts to help you out... dont give up.. we all have a story to tell.

I am still pre-op and would be considered a lower BMI, but your story could be my story... there's a huge amount of food/eating disordered history there in terms of your relationship with food and that's the part of you that needs the revision now - you have had your stomach size revised surgically, but you need to work on your head, too. I am constantly wondering how my own habits will have to change post-op b/c I COULD still eat a lot, just more often, and I COULD still eat lots of sweets/junk, but I will go into the procedure knowing that the fight is far from over... the sleeve is just your new secret weapon! There are some superb suggestions in this thread from veteran sleevers who know what to do to "work the sleeve" and I do believe you have to learn how to work it... you are still learning and maybe this time of sadness is bubbling your real issues to the surface so that you can face them and fight them both with your head and your sleeve so that you can be successful finally. I believe you CAN do it... you just need some direction and this is a wonderful place to get guidance.

Wow, your story is my worst fear. Most people don't believe you when you say you are doing everything right. I do. Been there, done that, and have the t shirt to prove it. Are you on any meds that may cause the problem? I changed Dr and she changed my meds around. The other docs kept telling me it was my eating habits. She said it was the drugs. Since changing them I have lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks. And I am pre sleeve. Google your meds to see. Look at the American board of Bariatric Physicians info and see if its genetic. It's not your fault!

Like any diet' date=' I am trying to eat right and exercise. I strive for Protein - yogurt, tuna, chicken, eggs, Protein shakes.

2 Protein Shakes and chicken for dinner will of course work - just like slimfast has worked countless times. The overall problem is not what I am eating. We all know how to lose weight - we have been experts at attempting to do so our whole lives. The problem is the fact that the cravings are there and the restriction is limited. So even if I lose weight, if I am not constantly depriving myself, I will gain it back. I have already seen this happen a few times since the surgery - and I am far from engaging in any pre-surgery bingeing behavior. There is definitely more restriction than bf the surgery, but not enough to keep me full, decrease the cravings or lose the weight. On a good day, I will eat Protein. Between frustration and limited restriction, I do have weak days. On one such occasion I ate two slices of pizza within a half hour. I know many of you will be appalled by the thought of this, but aside from guilt, I did not have the least discomfort after doing so. That is just one example. He said he took out about 70-75% instead of the usual 85%. I am not sure if that makes a difference. If so, I can not imagine he would be willing to do a revision for the extra 10%...Thank you for your responses - this is the first time I have posted anything and it feels good to hear from people who understand.[/quote']

My surgeon also removed 75% of my stomach and I definitely feel restriction. Maybe it's more of a head hunger and not a true hunger like lots of people have experienced on here. It could also be acid, do you take something for that? I'm sorry the surgery isn't working for you, I'd ask a surgeon near you for his opinion.

Wow' date=' your story is my worst fear. Most people don't believe you when you say you are doing everything right. I do. Been there, done that, and have the t shirt to prove it. Are you on any meds that may cause the problem? I changed Dr and she changed my meds around. The other docs kept telling me it was my eating habits. She said it was the drugs. Since changing them I have lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks. And I am pre sleeve. Google your meds to see. Look at the American board of Bariatric Physicians info and see if its genetic. It's not your fault![/quote']

What medications were causing you not to lose weight?

Revision 1/31/13 by Dr Cabrera and Venezuela in MX

Sorry for what you are going through! I have made sure to have the Proteins I can eat in the house and my husband has a special place he keeps the things he can eat that I don't. I'm almost 4 months out, and upped the amount of Protein per the PA's suggestions. Trying to get my exercise and liquids in. Just got sick because I ate turkey breast. My husband weighed it for me and I made it through to ounces and part of a cloud bread....but it didn't agree with me. UGh! Take it a day at a time and track the protein. Good luck to you!