Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cravings gone wild:

Hope everyone is feeling well. Sleeved in Novemer, lost 35 lbs so far. As someone said in a previous post, we are slow losers but are still winners. Getting a lot of compliments at work, feels sooooo great. Clothes are big. I didn't take my measurements and neither odd the surgeon. Wish I did. I'm so curious to know how many inches I lost.

Lately my appetite feels like its out of control. I feel like all I want to do is eat, eat and eat more. Has me concerned..craving a lot of fast food and junk food. Once in a while I have chocolate or Cookies or a small Wendy's burger. I'm able to handle a large amount of food at a time, I need to be really careful. Any suggestions on some high Protein not so bad for you Snacks?

Think I'm getting bored of the same things. I eat a lot of chobani yogurt, baby belle light cheese and cottage cheese. I'm thinking my meal portions are to big. I need portion size suggestions too. Thanks.... Keep up the good work fellow sleevers..

I'm not to the food stage yet, but I bought some 4oz containers so that when it's time to pack food, I won't over pack. I know nuts have calories, but it's also a good source of Protein. I like raw almonds...raw is suppose to be better for you.

Hope you get your portions under control and you continue to steadily lose!

Cravings tend to be mostly psychological, unfortunately that makes it even more difficult to fight then not. When I have a craving I try to ask myself some questions, Why do I want this?, Is it something I should eat? Is it worth the consequences to eat it? Usually after answering those questions I can convince myself not to eat it. Sometimes you do have to give into some of your cravings also but you have to be in control when you do it and make adjustments to the rest of your days diet to adjust for it. If you deny every craving they will just keep coming. Good Luck.

My husband is going thru same thing right now he is also 3mos out. I have been working with him on portion size. I am only 6 weeks out so I still.measure EVERYTHING! I found great little Kellogg Cereal cups at Walmart that have measuring marks on them. I also use Gerber take and toss dishes for meals they are only 8 oz travel easily.

I'm just 6 weeks out and I'm hungry all the time and I seem to be able to eat anything but in much smaller potions but even those portions seem too big. I typically eat until I'm full and stop. I was told that is OK as long as the food is healthy. Lost 28 lbs since surgery but weightloss seems to have slowed down but I guess patience will help.

Hope everyone is feeling well. Sleeved in Novemer' date=' lost 35 lbs so far. As someone said in a previous post, we are slow losers but are still winners. Getting a lot of compliments at work, feels sooooo great. Clothes are big. I didn't take my measurements and neither odd the surgeon. Wish I did. I'm so curious to know how many inches I lost.

Lately my appetite feels like its out of control. I feel like all I want to do is eat, eat and eat more. Has me concerned..craving a lot of fast food and junk food. Once in a while I have chocolate or Cookies or a small Wendy's burger. I'm able to handle a large amount of food at a time, I need to be really careful. Any suggestions on some high Protein not so bad for you Snacks?

Think I'm getting bored of the same things. I eat a lot of chobani yogurt, baby belle light cheese and cottage cheese. I'm thinking my meal portions are to big. I need portion size suggestions too. Thanks.... Keep up the good work fellow sleevers..[/quote']

I was sleeved on 11/20 and have lost 35lbs too. When im at home I eat more so force more Water before I eat anything. Beef Jerky, Pork rinds, PB2 and weight watchers string cheese. I just bought a pocket size scale for when I go out. At work I use my 4oz bowls. I like to measure everything lol.

highest weight 224#<br />sx weight 212# (11/20/12)<br />current weight 180#(2/8)