Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't tried that brand yet. My mom (who had r&y in 2004) loves their Protein Bars though. I guess they have about 30g of Protein? She eats one every day. I will try to find that brand next time I go to costco.< /p>

How did it go when you first tried to eat meat? My doc says I should be able to handle it' date=' but I'm kind of scared. I guess I worry about the sleeve stretching or leaking. I'm just worried because I know meat is harder to digest than the other things I've been eating. I honestly can't wait to have some chicken again though...and salad! I never thought I would miss salad and raw veggies![/quote']

I think I started on salmon at 3 weeks. I had lean pork at 5 weeks, but remembering it being hard to eat. chicken started around 5 weeks. It was 5 months until I could eat beef. I tried before the, but it kept coming up the 3x I tried. Now at 7 months, able to eat most meats. I never did eat Protein bars after surgery and get my high Protein counts by drinking the shakes or eating 2-3 ounces of lean protein a meal. I still eat mostly lean protein for meals when I at home. I break this rule, but still aim for healthy food choices when eating out for lunch or dinner. Calories now tend to be 900-1100. Just wanted to add those details so you now what to look forward to. By the way, eating 120+ g protein did not prevent hair loss for me. It still came out between months 3-6.

How did it go when you first tried to eat meat? My doc says I should be able to handle it' date=' but I'm kind of scared. I guess I worry about the sleeve stretching or leaking. I'm just worried because I know meat is harder to digest than the other things I've been eating. I honestly can't wait to have some chicken again though...and salad! I never thought I would miss salad and raw veggies![/quote']

I think I started on salmon at 3 weeks. I had lean pork at 5 weeks, but remembering it being hard to eat. chicken started around 5 weeks. It was 5 months until I could eat beef. I tried before the, but it kept coming up the 3x I tried. Now at 7 months, able to eat most meats. I never did eat Protein bars after surgery and get my high Protein counts by drinking the shakes or eating 2-3 ounces of lean protein a meal. I still eat mostly lean protein for meals when I at home. I break this rule, but still aim for healthy food choices when eating out for lunch or dinner. Calories now tend to be 900-1100. Just wanted to add those details so you now what to look forward to. By the way, eating 120+ g protein did not prevent hair loss for me. It still came out between months 3-6.

Yes a lot of people love them ( I'm thinking of buying stock)

As far as the veggies and fruit that's weird that you can't have them yet i mean because once again you are eating the Protein bars and those are just as "hard" to eat.

Some people do have to wait a long time for lettuce because it can be hard on your tummy. But steamed broccoli or soft fruits without the skin are good. When I was in my early stages they ok canned soft fruit with no added sugar also.

Ps. Always do Protein first when eating.

I totally agree with the others too. :) maybe you need to switch it up. Im a person that cant loose weight if I eat any amount of carbs or starch. maybe thats you too? :)

Ok...your going to have to pack your food in an insulated lunch bag.

Keep it simple some lunch meat and cheese' date='

Bit of fruit or veg.

Also I know you said you can't stand Protein drinks..

But have you tried the "premier" pre made shake

From costco or Sams club they taste really good and are shelf stable I drink them at room temp all the time when I'm traveling about.[/quote']

Good suggestion Laura. I like to use the "Packit" bag for this very reason. It not only insulates, but is like a little mini fridge or freezer because the fabric walls contain frozen interiors. You just throw it in your freezer the night before and, viola, you have a little mobile chilled lunch bag. You can buy these off Amazon in a few different colors.

I'm always amazed at the difference between Doctors. My Doc required liquieds for 2 weeks after surgery, 6 weeks pureed, 6 weeks soft, and finally add in regular food at 4 months. I know in my first month I was probably at 300 to maybe 400 calories. Even now at 8 months out my max is 800 calories and 1/2 of that is burned in my daily exercise. I would avoid those Protein Bars as they can be high in carbs and instead focus on Protein in food and shakes. For me, protein bars would be a huge trigger because they are too much like a candy bar.

I'm always amazed at the difference between Doctors. My Doc required liquieds for 2 weeks after surgery' date=' 6 weeks pureed, 6 weeks soft, and finally add in regular food at 4 months. I know in my first month I was probably at 300 to maybe 400 calories. Even now at 8 months out my max is 800 calories and 1/2 of that is burned in my daily exercise. I would avoid those Protein bars as they can be high in carbs and instead focus on protein in food and shakes. For me, protein bars would be a huge trigger because they are too much like a candy bar.[/quote']

Wow, that is a long time to hold out for solids. I am not sure, but that might help the speed at which you lose weight over the 1 st 6 months.

Yes, a doctors are extremely different...

But I think that the most important thing is that whenever you ARE cleared...is to eat the "right"

Things..

And as far as calories?? Well I've read A LOT about that here, some people stay low (me included) and some people swear by upping it to a 1000 or so and it seems work well for both so I think we all have to find our "sweet spot" on that

:)

I didn't really have much direction about what to eat/what not to eat. I got some handouts that were very vague. My doc is very "do what feels right". Not very stringent about the diet at all.

I am no expert but I will have been sleeved 3 years. May I'm not really sure about all Protein bars because of. Sugar I ate cheese Soups a lot till I could work may way to meats. Fish yes but my dr said no nuts for a bit I didn't have the nutris Ian Like most found this forum way after wish had with me but u will go up an down with feelings I always weigh till that got to me then one morning I said to my self it will come off threw scales away an exercised I still do here is my email I will answer. An question u may have gatacous@yahoo.com I wish u so much luck have faith in ur self

I had surgery the same day and have only lost 13 pounds. I average from 800-1000 calories per day. I do notice that when I eat roasted chicken, I can feel the fullness compared to drinking Soup or eating yogurt/cottage cheese or mashed potatoes.

I had surgery the same day and have only lost 13 pounds. I average from 800-1000 calories per day. I do notice that when I eat roasted chicken' date=' I can feel the fullness compared to drinking Soup or eating yogurt/cottage cheese or mashed potatoes.[/quote']

Thank you for your response. It is nice to see I'm not the only one in this boat. The liquids just don't do it for me either. =/

Thank you for your response. It is nice to see I'm not the only one in this boat. The liquids just don't do it for me either. =/

You're welcome cause I was still left feeling hungry with nothing but liquids. Even with all the walking I'm doing, I'm not breaking my stall, so I think I'll be doing a low carb type diet. That's the only diet that actually worked for me.

Like the others have said the Protein bars are high calorie for volume. I can nail a Protein Bar quite easily and not feel very 'full'.

Compare the 200 cals of a protein bar to other food Proteins - like 3 eggs or a few 100 grams of tuna in spring Water. You would never be able to eat all that.

Protein bars are good for an emergency. Other times they're just candy bars masquerading as a health food.