Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alabama bandster

Has anyone had any experience with the Advanced Wt. Loss Clinic(s)? I have noticed there are several throughout Alabama and am assuming they are one in the same, just different Dr.'s. If so, where and what Dr?

Hello frogee and WELCOME to the Alabama page! I have not heard of the Clinic you are speaking of but maybe you could post on the Doctors thread and see if anyone else has (provided they aren't ONLY in Alabama). Sorry I couldn't be of more help! :thumbup:

I live on the MS coast however I have a consult appt with Dr Lane in Mobile on the 30th just trying to find out how long the process is from beginning until surgery??? Anyone have a clue>>>:smile:

Deann, I also do not have any experience with anyone in Mobile. :tt1: SORRY! Hopefully, someone will be browsing through posts in the next several days and you will get an answer. Good luck to you!

Hi, I had my band on May 21st by Dr. Scott Robbins in Dothan. So far I've lost 25 lbs but seem to be at a stand-still right now. I find it very hard to drink all the Water I'm suppose to. This may be the problem. Anyone else down this way??:)

Hi Everyone! I am also from Alabama and hope to be banded soon. I will attend the required seminar on July 24th; I am just starting the process. I will be a self pay though so will not have to jump through all the insurance hoops which should lessen the time factor.

I would be particularly interested in talking to anyone who used Dr. Touliatos but am happy to talk to anyone!

It is so nice to see that there are others here from Alabama!

Edited by ilse72

One of my close friends used him and loves him. She has been doing great. Almost reached her goal. I didn't use him because he didn't seems as personable as the doc I used that was closer to me than Bham.

I haven't met him yet. The office won't make an appointment for you until you attend the seminar. I am so happy you found someone that you feel comfortable with as that is so important.

Hi ilse!

Sorry I haven't responded before now. I cruise on and off here so quickly sometimes that I miss notes such as these.

Dr. Touliatos did my surgery and I LOVE him!! I was banded on May 8, and so far have lost 27 pounds and lots of inches! I had my 1st fill last Thursday and it went perfectly. I didn't feel a thing. Of course, I still don't feel a thing so I will be going back in another week to get another fill. :rolleyes2:

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them the best that I can!

WELCOME!! :thumbup:

Hi, I had my band on May 21st by Dr. Scott Robbins in Dothan. So far I've lost 25 lbs but seem to be at a stand-still right now. I find it very hard to drink all the Water I'm suppose to. This may be the problem. Anyone else down this way??:redface:

Hi, I was banded the 21st by Dr. Cottingham in Bham, I have lost 25 pounds as well. Have you had a fill yet? If your wt loss is slowing, it may be time for that first fill. I didn't know about Dr. Robbins in Dothan, I live in Troy, and those trips to Bham get kind of long.

Hi, I was banded the 21st by Dr. Cottingham in Bham, I have lost 25 pounds as well. Have you had a fill yet? If your wt loss is slowing, it may be time for that first fill. I didn't know about Dr. Robbins in Dothan, I live in Troy, and those trips to Bham get kind of long.

Hi, with Dothan being so much closer, any chance of transferring your care to Dr. Robbins? I'm not sure how that works. I haven't had a fill yet. I'm scheduled to see him on July 1st. I'm sure I'll get one then. Do you have any pain around your port area? I've been walking lately and I've been hurting a little...more like a soreness. I'm excited about the whole process, though. Can't wait till I can notice a difference in the way I look. My PCP just took me off one of my BP meds yesterday! I'm on my way!!Yay!!! Keep me posted on your progress.

yes it has finally got here. i got my letter today saying i can have the surgery. im so happy. i guess i will call dr.miles in the morning and see whats next. this is a great day for me. now i know how everyone else felt when they got there letter.

funny thing, at first i wa whats this. it didnt come from bc/bs. it came from shps/ care wise. bc/bs gets them to approve the surgery. so i called and made sure that it was waht i was waiting on. and when the lady told me it was. i screamed yes and she was laughing. lol

Hi, I had my band on May 21st by Dr. Scott Robbins in Dothan. So far I've lost 25 lbs but seem to be at a stand-still right now. I find it very hard to drink all the Water I'm suppose to. This may be the problem. Anyone else down this way??:)

I am in Fort Mitchell....about 85 miles north. I just started the process and my insurance company wants me to drive to Birmingham to see a doctor there. Do you know if Dr. Robbins takes military patients? Congrats on the 25 lbs!!

Jason, so glad you got your letter! Let us know when you get the date for the surgery! Congratulations!

I was banded 06/12/07, I've lost 40lbs. and seem to be at a stand still. I have gone back to having one Protein Drink for my morning Breakfast, a med. size lunch and a small supper. Should i do proten for 3 meals to jump start me agin? I have moved from the B'ham area to east of Chattanooga, Tn. I haven't been to a support meeting in quit a while. I really need to find a grp close to here. If anyone has any suggestions on how to start losing agin please write. I am excersing (swimming) 3x wk. I just started a ti chi(spelled wrong) class. Thanks:crying:

No, I live east of Chattanooga near the Ga/NC state line. I was told that Hamilton Med. Ctr in Dalton, Ga does lapband. I hope they have a support grp. I'm going to checout Chattanooga at Erlanger Med. Ctr. too.

I don't know if you have to be banded there to use there support group, but I had my surgery done at Memorial Hospital through the Weight Management Center. you might check with them.