Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

enterprise01: Do you have any before and after pix...well anyone on there for that matter I would love to see them. The ones on the site seem pretty old.

For some reason I thought this weight loss thing would be faster but hey I am so not knocking the results..shoot its way better than I have done in the past...I would have quit my other diet by now.

I'll see if I can get my BF to take a picture this weekend. I'm a little more than halfway to my goal. I've gone from a size 18/20 to a 12/14. Yes, it does seem to go slowly, but then again, it has been more effortless and less torturous than the other times I've lost weight. I think this is the first time I've ever lost weight without being completely miserable. It's also better for our skin if we lose slowly.

Good Morning Bandsters,

I'm finally feeling on top of things...got a good night sleep. Didn't workout because I have to get to town earlier than usual...and I was sleeping soooo good.

Tonya, I didn't get the info on leptospirosis..could you resend it to me.

I have plans for a busy weekend, doing work outside..yeah! I'm hoping to fit in a trail ride in the mountains but we will have to see. Our haycrop is just about out of the field so irrigation will start tomorrow. I love it all. For the first time in my life, I have a place where my horses are at my home and we grow our own hay to feem em! (Ok, ok,...I have no kids, so I have a bunch of 4 legged ones!)

You guys stick with it this weekend...I'll be checking in.

Shawn

Hey everyone! I hope you all are doing well. I was wondering where everyone is at on their fill levels and how restricted you feel. I'm at 3.5CC in a 4CC band. I just got my last fill from 2.5 to 3.5CC's two weeks ago today. I definately feel restriction, but I don't know if I am there yet. So far, I haven't PB'd, or had any other bad side affects. I did have some pig skins last weekend and it went BONK for a few minutes and then finally went down but no pain. NO more or those darn things for me. Anyway, I have boosted up or should I say STARTED my exercise program at the same time I got my last fill. I was sick of just being stalled. Thus the fill and all the exercise. I had been playing with 2 lbs up, 2 lbs down, 177-179. As of last night, I was finally down to 175.5. I have been watching my fat intake and tracking everything I eat, so I guess it's paying off? I just don't know if I am at my sweet spot just yet, but, heck, I'm at 3.5CC's. Fill or not to Fill? We have a cruise planned for 8-17-07 and I don't want to get too tight, I do want to be able to eat something, that's for sure!

I was wondering where everyone is at on their fill levels and how restricted you feel.

Hey there! I'm at 1.75ccs in a 4cc band, and I'm TIGHT! In the mornings, I am literally stuffed on 1/2 cup cottage cheese. lunch and dinner I am doing my best to limit myself to less than 3/4 cup food. I find I'm filling up very quickly. So, I guess you could say I feel very restricted -- but in a good way!

Okay, newlou, you've twisted my arm, LOL! Here's some comparison pics of me. I didn't take the first set until March, when I was already down some 20lbs. The second set was in May, so the difference in the pics is about 20lbs. I can really see a difference around my waist -- not bad for 20lbs! Let me know what you guys think! I haven't taken any more yet because I've been holding steady since these were taken.

I could really kick myself for not taking pics the day of surgery.

4mos_front_comp.jpg

4mos_side_comp.jpg

4mos_back_comp.jpg

4mos_face_comp.jpg

Okay, newlou, you've twisted my arm, LOL! Here's some comparison pics of me. I didn't take the first set until March, when I was already down some 20lbs. The second set was in May, so the difference in the pics is about 20lbs. I can really see a difference around my waist -- not bad for 20lbs! Let me know what you guys think! I haven't taken any more yet because I've been holding steady since these were taken.

I could really kick myself for not taking pics the day of surgery.

WOW, you look amazing. I didn't take any pics of myself before surgery at all. I do have some from our cruise vacation from last summer. Maybe I can scan one of them? I should take a pic now? Anyway, I can really see a difference in your 20lb difference, imagine what it would have looked like if you would have taken one on banding day?

:clap2:

Juno...wow,you can see a difference!

I don't have any current pics but I did see a top of the body shot from November and was thinking what a pudge I was then!! Maybe I'll get DH to take a shot and use that as a comparison.

I started out with 2 cc's. I've been in for three fills and I'm at 5 cc's. I do feel restriction. Sometimes just feel tight, even when I'm not eating. No PB's but some pain occasionally when I take too big of a bite or don't chew enough to wet it down more. chicken is usually the culprit there.

Shawn

Thanks Dee and Shawn! It'll be really fun to see what the next twenty looks like,eh? If I can find my super fast Christmas pics, I'll make a new comparison show. I know for a fact my uncle has some extraordinarily unflattering ones of me.

Hello JanBandsters,

I wanted to check in also, after too long of absence. I came here to get some support and encouragement and you have given me that and more. Thank you!

I lost 40 pounds and seem to be slowing down. I went to my gym and had a personal session with a Pilates trainer and figured she was putting me in torture!

My daughter is getting married in less than a month in Jamaica and I wanted to lose more than I have. I had to buy my dress, but have had it altered (smaller) so that was a big Yahoo!

Yes, I get hiccups when I've had enough to eat. I dont' always stop and sometimes pay the price (PB). I picked up those barf bags from the airlines and keep them in my car. I also carry heavy napkins in my purse.

My last doctor visit was a good one. The scope was good, showing no dilation or slippage. In fact my doc said my stomach looked as good as the day of surgery.

My family doctor commented about how much better I look. My blood pressure is down and my cholesterol is under control. My liver enzymes are normal (and they were highly elevated before). He thinks I should write my insurance company with the statistical benefits of this surgery.

Since my insurance denied me, I was self pay. Isn't that awful!

I'll check back to see how you January bandsters are doing.

Terry

Hi Terry! Cognrats on the 40lbs! It seems for a few of us here that is where things start to slow down.

So I had an awesome NSV last night! I went to a wedding, and I didn't feel like wearing nylons because it was so hot out. I put on my favorite pair of dress pants, not thinking about the fact that they were still technically "fat pant". Well, I was on the dance floor, and I noticed I had to keep hiking them up. It was so annoying that I gave up on the dancing. Later on, I went to the bathroom and discovered I could pull them down without unbuttoning! DH was laughing because I was so bummed I wouldn't be able to wear these pants again. He was like, hey, aren't you supposed to be glad that you're shrinking out of things?! He's right, of course. :D

Ditto here...bought some nice made white cotton pants that were fairly expensive. I don't like the thinner ones that you can see flesh through...well, I put them on last week to wear to work...I knew they'd be a little baggie, but they looked awful there were sooo baggie. I bet I've only wore them about 4 times in the past year... I opted to wash them to see if they'd shrink a bit just so I could get one or two more wearing out of them.

I'm considering taking all my pants that are too big to have them altered. I don't know if it is cost effective.

Shawn

Hi Terry! Cognrats on the 40lbs! It seems for a few of us here that is where things start to slow down.

So I had an awesome NSV last night! I went to a wedding, and I didn't feel like wearing nylons because it was so hot out. I put on my favorite pair of dress pants, not thinking about the fact that they were still technically "fat pant". Well, I was on the dance floor, and I noticed I had to keep hiking them up. It was so annoying that I gave up on the dancing. Later on, I went to the bathroom and discovered I could pull them down without unbuttoning! DH was laughing because I was so bummed I wouldn't be able to wear these pants again. He was like, hey, aren't you supposed to be glad that you're shrinking out of things?! He's right, of course. :)

That is a great NSV, funny! Keep dancing the pants away...

Shawn, I would find out the price for alterations if you have a really nice pair. I have no idea what someone would charge for that. congratulations for the weight loss and losing your pants...

I'm going shopping for the wedding trip tomorrow. I went back to the gym to the torture machine today just in hopes of losing another pound or two. It is getting harder to lose at the same pace. I hope I have some good news to report.

Terry

Tonya, I didn't get the info on leptospirosis..could you resend it to me.

I just sent you another email with a great website on all the information! Now I can't pull up my article that I sent you earlier, not sure why???? Anyhow, sounds like you are on the mend! Good!

Juno - you can definitely see the difference! Your waist is much smaller, your cheek bones are more visable, you look GREAT! It's amazing what 20 lbs can do, I wish you would have taken a picture before that too, I bet its even more amazing!

Hello JanBandsters,

I lost 40 pounds and seem to be slowing down. I went to my gym and had a personal session with a Pilates trainer and figured she was putting me in torture!

My daughter is getting married in less than a month in Jamaica and I wanted to lose more than I have. I had to buy my dress, but have had it altered (smaller) so that was a big Yahoo!

Yes, I get hiccups when I've had enough to eat. I dont' always stop and sometimes pay the price (PB). I picked up those barf bags from the airlines and keep them in my car. I also carry heavy napkins in my purse.

My last doctor visit was a good one. The scope was good, showing no dilation or slippage. In fact my doc said my stomach looked as good as the day of surgery.

My family doctor commented about how much better I look. My blood pressure is down and my cholesterol is under control. My liver enzymes are normal (and they were highly elevated before). He thinks I should write my insurance company with the statistical benefits of this surgery.

Since my insurance denied me, I was self pay. Isn't that awful!

I'll check back to see how you January bandsters are doing.

Terry

Terry - sounds like you are doing GREAT too! 40 lbs, congratulations! How fun about Jamaica! I will be ther in August, we leave August 4th, so I think I will be in Jamaica August 8th, then Grand Cayman, August 9, then Cozumel August 10th - I CAN'T WAIT!

Thats great about the doc report and the stomach looking great, no slippage or anything! Good news about the BP meds too!