Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Wow. I am afraid that if I get tighter with time I may have the same issue. Did your fish just get stuck?

I didn't quite get to that point. After the second bite, it hurt enough to where I just KNEW I shouldn't have any more. Especially after just having chicken stuck on Tuesday. I guess I'm a little gunshy.

What is the feeling of something getting stuck? I know when I have enough or don't chew well, my chest hurts when I swallow. Is that supose to be the full feeling or what?

For me it felt like I was having a heart attack. Extreme chest pain, I started to sweat and I found myself holding my breathe. Had I not known what was going on I would have panicked even more. Mine pass very quickly. My girlfriend has had them for hours. I can't even imagine that.

Well, I was worried about restriction....ha ha! I have been on a liquid diet all day which consisted of Protein Drinks or Non-fat, sugar-free cinnamon dolce lattes from starbucks. So a few minutes ago, I decided to have a SMALL bagel and a tablespoon of pistachios. Well, I had that painful feeling and I tried walking around the house, and I had a ton of saliva in my mouth like a damn dog, then it finally came up!!!! It's official, I PBed! I ate way too fast and that's what caused it. Then it still hurt so I walked some more, and PBed again!!! I'm going to be very very very careful tomorrow. PBing wasn't that bad, but it still wasn't fun! LOL. I thought it would be more painful!

After listening to all of you, I made my 2nd fill appointment. I know that i'm eating WAY more then I should be. I was still losing weight, but I need to go in for a fill.

The way it turns out, I still have two weeks. I couldn't fit my schedule up with the surgeon's until the April 16th. Oh well, that's just a week before I had intended to go back anyway.

I'll just continue to watch what I'm eating until then.

Hello Everyone!

Today is my 2 month anniversary. I have lost 65lbs to date. I have not yet had a fill. The band is great!

Joe

Everyone is doing so well! I have lost about 32 lbs since my pre-op weight. The weight loss has stopped right now but I am due for a fill on Tuesday. I know that I have too many high cal/fat foods during the week but since I struggle with an eating disorder as well, I try not to freak out about things at this point. It will come off, and it isn't about the NUMBER for me, it is about unlearning all the horrible habits, rituals, etc. that I had developed.

I do feel better physically already and look forward to how it will feel to do stairs, walk and work in my yard when even more weight is off. I'm very excited for that!

Hello Everyone!

Today is my 2 month anniversary. I have lost 65lbs to date. I have not yet had a fill. The band is great!

Joe

Way to go, Joe!!! So proud of you :girl_hug: Keep up the good work!

Good job Joe and all the January bandsters, keep up the good work! I'm so proud of you guys!

I had something get stuck yesterday - bad. It went on for hours...I PBd about 5 times. It was the worst ever!

I don't think I ate too much or too big of bites but I do think it was what I ate. It was really soft chicken meat but it was mixed in with peanuts, celery pieces and Water chestnut pieces. I think one of those things got stuck in the opening and they are not things that soften with time. I will never eat those types of things again! Oh my it hurt. Ruined my entire Saturday. Then I was lightheaded because I hadn't had any liquids or food while I was going through all of that.

Still learning I guess!

I had something get stuck yesterday - bad. It went on for hours...I PBd about 5 times. It was the worst ever!

I don't think I ate too much or too big of bites but I do think it was what I ate. It was really soft chicken meat but it was mixed in with peanuts, celery pieces and Water chestnut pieces. I think one of those things got stuck in the opening and they are not things that soften with time. I will never eat those types of things again! Oh my it hurt. Ruined my entire Saturday. Then I was lightheaded because I hadn't had any liquids or food while I was going through all of that.

Still learning I guess!

Oh my!! I'm glad you're better!

Be blessed!

Way to go Joe! I agree, everyone is doing good. Even those of us who aren't at the correct fill level.

I've decided that I love weekends! For the past 4 I've dropped at least 2 lbs each. I spend the whole week staring at the scale going "move...move..." and it does nothing. Then come Sunday morning, after I've allowed myself little treats, I always drop 2lbs. Well, this week, I went above and beyond allowing myself a little treat. I had a tiny piece of cake at a baby shower. It was one layer and iced. I just knew that I was going to gain this time around....but the next day, not only did I drop...but I dropped FOUR (4) lbs.

Yes, I'm loving these weekends.... Oh, and I did a calculation error in my last post. My next fill is three weeks from today. I'm not quite sure if I really need it or not...but I'm going to have it anyway.