Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Wow- all you January Bandsters are so far ahead of me - all getting fills, feeling restriction. Let me tell ya...when my 90 Day Global is over, and I get a fill, I'm going to declare that day a NATIONAL HOLIDAY!

...and yes, you all get the day off of work.

I think I may need a 2nd fill. Today for Breakfast I had carnation instant breakfast sugar free, I didn't eat again until dinner and I had two turkey burger patties with lettuce and i tried to eat 1/2 cup of broccolli. I couldn't though however I don't think I should have been able to eat the two turkey burger patties. I did snack on raisins and peanuts early in the day at work. I had such a hectic day for eating. yesterday I rarely ate anything just grits and two forks full of crab salad. Maybe it's because it's that time of the month. who knows? What do u guys think? Had my fill on 3/13

Wow- all you January Bandsters are so far ahead of me - all getting fills, feeling restriction. Let me tell ya...when my 90 Day Global is over, and I get a fill, I'm going to declare that day a NATIONAL HOLIDAY!

...and yes, you all get the day off of work.

You are doing great! Look I have had 2 fills and lost 27 lbs. YOu have already lost 22. Keep it up you are doing great.:clap2:

I think I may need a 2nd fill. Today for Breakfast I had carnation instant breakfast sugar free, I didn't eat again until dinner and I had two turkey burger patties with lettuce and i tried to eat 1/2 cup of broccolli. I couldn't though however I don't think I should have been able to eat the two turkey burger patties. I did snack on raisins and peanuts early in the day at work. I had such a hectic day for eating. yesterday I rarely ate anything just grits and two forks full of crab salad. Maybe it's because it's that time of the month. who knows? What do u guys think? Had my fill on 3/13

I am feeling the same today, today I ate pizza, more than I should have. I felt so depressed all day and feling so bloated. I looked at the calendar and it is that time of month anyday now. I feel a little better now. I just wanted to pick at everthing today. This is the first time it has happen so I guess thats what it is. I am glad to see I am not the only one going through this right now. I guess it will get better for us in a few days.:)

I know this sounds mean....but I'm so glad you guys are going through this before me! Guess I'm a wuss!! Sounds like I'll probably have the second fill, just going to be really really careful with what is eaten a few days after.

How does everyones TOM affect your weight loss or gain? Apparently I retain all kinds of Fluid 2 weeks before and lose it all when things get rolling good. With this month being an exception.....have poison ivy really bad and on prednisone, always makes me lose for some reason!

Good luck to all! Thanks for posting your fill results for us weinee's who need to know exactly what to expect!

Bandida- glad to hear that you are feeling and doing better today. I go for my first fill tomorrow at 9:45am. I am not sure how many cc's my doctor will instill in my 4cc band. I guess that I will find out tomorrow. Gigi

BabyGotBack- glad to see that you're back! I was wondering where you were-nice to have you back. I am sure the wedding was wonderful. I hope you had a wonderful time. Gigi

I know this sounds mean....but I'm so glad you guys are going through this before me! Guess I'm a wuss!! Sounds like I'll probably have the second fill, just going to be really really careful with what is eaten a few days after.

How does everyones TOM affect your weight loss or gain? Apparently I retain all kinds of Fluid 2 weeks before and lose it all when things get rolling good. With this month being an exception.....have poison ivy really bad and on prednisone, always makes me lose for some reason!

Good luck to all! Thanks for posting your fill results for us weinee's who need to know exactly what to expect!

I put 2lbs on and noticed my jeans I have on are really tight today, so I guess it is because of TOM! I never really noticed before that I retain fluid at that time because I was always gainning anyway, but I know what I eat know, I did not gain from that.

I hear ya sistahs...I have been eating far more than I should, and only by pure will power am I sitting here right now not munching on crackers or something...I have no restriction and dont want to bug my doctor, so I will wait it out..he was saying I may not notice anything for three weeks..how does that work?? I would think you would notice right away moreso than waiting a few weeks..anywho..I am right there with you when you say you are eating more..I am weighing myself every day just to ensure I dont gain any weight..

I think I may need a 2nd fill. Today for breakfast I had carnation instant breakfast sugar free, I didn't eat again until dinner and I had two turkey burger patties with lettuce and i tried to eat 1/2 cup of broccolli. I couldn't though however I don't think I should have been able to eat the two turkey burger patties. I did snack on raisins and peanuts early in the day at work. I had such a hectic day for eating. yesterday I rarely ate anything just grits and two forks full of crab salad. Maybe it's because it's that time of the month. who knows? What do u guys think? Had my fill on 3/13

That doesn't sound like much food at all to me. I had chicken Pasta parmesan (230 calories) for breakfast, Protein enhanced biscotti (200 calories) for lunch, vanilla wafers (100 calories) for a snack, shrimp cakes (190 calories) and a whole zucchini and a whole bell pepper roasted with olive oil (est. 150 calories) for dinner. I'm eating a ton of veggies in an attempt to keep the hunger at bay. If you can make it all day between a liquid breakfast and a turkey burger dinner, then you're doing better than me and I've had 3 fills.

I have a question, how soon after your first fill did you feel restriction, I had my fill on Wednesday (3/21) and I don't feel anything, but I'm still on liquids, I hope everything works outs. I have a 9.75 cm band, I don't know how much saline it holds, but she put 2 cc's in. I hope it works, because the fills are expensive at my Dr's office. Wish me luck, because I'll need it!

I have a 4cc and I have 1.5cc in my band, I felt some restiction after my second fill. I have to eat much slower and take smaller bites.

I just had my 2nd fill. Today I got some oatmeal and I was able to eat about 10 bites. No clue how much it was in cups but it wasn't alot. I can tell that this fill is different than the last. If I tighten more I could have issues. We'll see I guess.

It turns out my 2nd fill has me too tight. Last night I discovered I couldn't even eat fish! I ran into my surgeon at work today and she decided I need a slight unfill. So, I'll be going for that next Thursday. Until then, I will have to work extra hard to get my Protein in. I'm thinking chili, Beans, maybe a Protein Shake here and there. So frustrating!!!

I have a question, how soon after your first fill did you feel restriction, I had my fill on Wednesday (3/21) and I don't feel anything, but I'm still on liquids, I hope everything works outs. I have a 9.75 cm band, I don't know how much saline it holds, but she put 2 cc's in. I hope it works, because the fills are expensive at my Dr's office. Wish me luck, because I'll need it!

My first fill didn't kick in for a few days. I felt restriction for a couple days after that, then it sort of came and went. I finally went for the second one because I was getting away with far too much.