Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hi All,

I thought I'd share a little bit about myself since I didn't in my first post. My name is Lori and I am 28 years old. I'm single with no children, but like someone else who posted I have two dogs and I cat. I live in Utah and am hoping to lose just under 150 pounds.

Today's day two of my pre-op diet and so far so good. I am meeting a friend in about 30 minutes to exercise and other than that I am just relaxing. I am having my surgery in Monterrey and fly out on Tuesday morning. Surgery will be on Thursday.

I really appreciate all of your posts - especially yours Cindy - and can't wait to be a 'bandster'.

~Lori

And here is my attempt to post a ticker:

weight.png

Well I will sure be ready for a glass of wine or something 4 weeks after surgery. So I sure hope I can have it . Good Luck to everyone!

I am on my 6th day of the preop and only down 4. It is making me crazy. I am eating no carbs, no sugar and no fat, that isn't in the Protein and veggies that I am eating. Protein and vegetables and a Protein Drink in the morning and I am on the eliptical for 40 minutes a day. What if the band doesn't work for me. I am eating way less than I normally do and only 4 lbs. I go in for surgery on Friday and on Thursday I have to be on Clear Liquids.< /p>

I am back from surgery!!! Everything went fine, except for a little vommiting after surgery due to anesthesia. They checked me under fluero and everything was fine. It was vomit with lots of gas. I feel really good. I just have a lot of pressure in my abdomen, I am guessing it is gas. Yesterday I was stilll nauseous, but I am not today. Today I am just feeling a little sore and tired. At least Dr. Ortiz allows yogurt on day 4, Protein Drinks of day 7 and creamy Soups on day 11, mushies on day 21.

I don't feel hungry, but I have had broth and kelloggs Protein Water, water, sugar free ice pops.

How are you all doing? How are all the newly banded people doing?

Audree

Looks like BabyGotBack got back. Glad it went well. That's good to hear. I get sliced and diced a week from Tuesday.

Audree-I am so glad to see that you are back, and things are going well. I have missed reading your posts while you were gone!

I am less than 72 hours away from my banding, and it's beginning to sink in that I'm about to join the band!!! I am so excited, not the least nervous about the surgery. The only thing I'm nervous about is afterwards. What the band will and won't let me do, and how bad the consequences are. Not to mention, this is my 5th day of clear liquids and my throat thinks it's been cut. What I wouldn't give for a sandwich with all different kinds of meat and cheeses right about now!:biggrin1: Anyway, I know those days are gone. That's what this is all about.

My doctor requires 7 days of clear liquids prior to surgery, then 2 weeks after surgery I can add cream Soups, milkshakes, V8 juice and Tomato Soup. After that, it's 2 weeks of mushies (i.e. oatmeal, mashed potatoes, mac n' cheese, etc). I can't wait until I get to the mushie stage :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Welcome back, Audree. I was dying for cheese since yesterday, not sure why but it was all I could think about. My nutritionist called me today and said that I could have Laughing Cow spreadable cheese. Mmmm...it might not be mozzarella, but it is doing its thing. I go to see my surgeon and nutritionist tomorrow. I am going to see if I can move up to mushies a little before schedule. I sure didn't get this fat by drinking liquids. My body is about to go into trauma. I am so thankful I did not have a pre op liquid diet.< /p>

cheese? What I wouldn't give for cheese right about now. My BF was on her 7 day clear liquid diet, and posted "Is it cheating to suck on a chicken nugget? " At the time she was just being funny, but right now, anything sounds good :biggrin1: It's hard for me to think that I can't have any "real food" until January 24th - that will be 2 weeks post op. Then I can have mushies.:hungry:

Audree,

So glad you're back and doing well. I was worried about you. You're one of the people I enjoy most on this site. Was the doctor worried about your cold? I was hoping that wouldn't impact your ability to have surgery. Well keep us informed about your progress.

Welcome back Audrey! I attended my seminar yesterday and have my consult tomorrow (I got lucky and was able to get in on a cancellation or something) I have been posting my insurance saga in the insurance threads.. I really hope to know something by this week. I have all my documentation ready, I don't think I will be an actual january bandster because the dr said that it usually takes 4-6 weeks if you have all the insurance stuff and 2 weeks if your self pay...... but I can HOLD OUT HOPE.. I do know that he only does surgeries on tuesday and thursdays, he said most that get it done on thursday go back to a desk job on Monday... 2 weeks if you lift 20lbs...... I'm still excited

Welcome back, Audree. I was dying for cheese since yesterday, not sure why but it was all I could think about. My nutritionist called me today and said that I could have Laughing Cow spreadable cheese. Mmmm...it might not be mozzarella, but it is doing its thing. I go to see my surgeon and nutritionist tomorrow. I am going to see if I can move up to mushies a little before schedule. I sure didn't get this fat by drinking liquids. My body is about to go into trauma. I am so thankful I did not have a pre op liquid diet.< /div>

I WANT LAUGHING COW CHEESE!!! How many days post op are you? I want to ask Dr. Ortiz? Audee:hungry:

Audree-I am so glad to see that you are back, and things are going well. I have missed reading your posts while you were gone!

I am less than 72 hours away from my banding, and it's beginning to sink in that I'm about to join the band!!! I am so excited, not the least nervous about the surgery. The only thing I'm nervous about is afterwards. What the band will and won't let me do, and how bad the consequences are. Not to mention, this is my 5th day of clear liquids and my throat thinks it's been cut. What I wouldn't give for a sandwich with all different kinds of meat and cheeses right about now!:biggrin1: Anyway, I know those days are gone. That's what this is all about.

My doctor requires 7 days of clear liquids prior to surgery, then 2 weeks after surgery I can add cream Soups, milkshakes, V8 juice and Tomato Soup. After that, it's 2 weeks of mushies (i.e. oatmeal, mashed potatoes, mac n' cheese, etc). I can't wait until I get to the mushie stage :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

I have missed you guys too!!! Audree

Audree,

So glad you're back and doing well. I was worried about you. You're one of the people I enjoy most on this site. Was the doctor worried about your cold? I was hoping that wouldn't impact your ability to have surgery. Well keep us informed about your progress.

My cold was gone by that time!!! They weren't worried about it though. I am having some head hunger, but my body isn't hungry. I am just resting. The walking is really important and I am not doing enough of it!! Audree