Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I believe it's about 2 1/2 hours from Mexico City. He grew up in Senora, MX. I bet the chicken broth was good...I made caldo de pollo last night and it's really good. I made it extra spicy w/ chile guajillo, but I made some without chile guajillo and put it in the freezer for next week. Oh I used Better Than Bouillon and chicken broth and it taste like I cooked chicken in it.

Be BLESSED!

Man, you are making me hungry!!!:hungry: I think I want to make a good caldo with lots of veggies. We still get the nutrients from the caldo. My family can eat the good stuff! I love it spicy too!!! I just sent my husbnd to the store to buy me some Better Than Boullion!!!

I also have family in Sonora, MX!!!

When are you going to be banded? Let me know if you have any questions!

Audree

Is it bad I wont even look at my stomach or incisions? I am so girly about those things. I am going to see my surgeon today so he can check things out. The last time I looked though, I really couldn't tell which was my port. lol weird

It actually doesn't look so bad. My four top incisions fall under my breast, so won't really be seen. My port is to the left, up under my ribcage a couple inches down. Mine are crazy glued so they look good. I am laying on top of a heating pad, tummy down and it feels really good!

The port is actually, on me at least, not under the direct incision, but like an inch bellow the cut.

How are you feeling overall?

Audree

Audrey: My dr gives out cards that you can present to restraunts that explain why you would be allowed to order off the kids or senior menu.. I haven't actually SEEN them yet, but I go for my consult today.. I'll know more later.

I got one of those and a picture ID card from Dr. Ortiz. I had just heard some people getting a bad response at the restaurant when showing it. I think all restaurants should honor it!!!

Audree

Audree ,i Have That Same Pressure Feeling In My Stomach. Not Much Pain, Only When I Use That Muscle The Port Is Attached To!! I Also Vomitted After Surgery When I Tried To Get Up For The First Time, But They Check With Fluro The Next Morn And Everything Alright! I Am On Full Liguids. Taking Drinkable Yogart, Soups (creamy) Etc.. Going Well So Far!

Kellie

Banded 1/03/07!!

271/225/170 Someday

Hi Kellie!

It sucked vomitting after surgery!!! The only good thing about it, is that I felt a lot of gas coming out of my mouth as I vomitted. Did that happen to you? So, I don't have the gas pains in my shoulders like some have. I am on day 3 pre op and can't wait till the creamy Soups. I can have yogurt on day 4 and creamy soups on day 7, but I would like it sooner. I am feeling hungry!!!

Audree

I feel even better today than I did yesterday, must be all that cheese lol. I am still having a problem getting all my Water and milk (ick) in. I substitute my milk with Carnation instant Breakfast but can see myself getting sick of that soon. I got on the scale today and have now lost 9.5 lbs. Unreal. I know some of it is Water weight but almost 10 lbs??? I have been growing my hair out to donate for a while, it is very long. I finally set a cut date...when I get down to 200 lbs. I was aiming for 40 lbs by the end of April, but at this rate...hmmm. I am meeting with my surgeon and dietician today so I have a bunch of questions. I am also going to ask about that card, Audree, and see what they say. I'll let you know.

Are you the lucky one eating the Skinny Cow Cheese!!!!! What day did they let you start eating those???? I am going to ask my dietician because I feel week and tired.Audree

Hey Fiyagirl, we were both banded on the same day!!!! How are you doing? Audree

I'm doing goog except for the fact that my toddler accidently hit me on my port. it was very painful. My Dr. is Dr. Spivak from houston. I was only on liquids for 24-48 hours, now I'm on soft foods. It's seems that most people have a more strict diet. How much are you able to eat?

I'm doing goog except for the fact that my toddler accidently hit me on my port. it was very painful. My Dr. is Dr. Spivak from houston. I was only on liquids for 24-48 hours, now I'm on soft foods. It's seems that most people have a more strict diet. How much are you able to eat?

Yesterday, post of day 2 I had broth for brunch, at home I had broth again , then broth again for dinner. I had one Jello cup, gatorade, and two ice pops.

I am about to have some Better Than Boullion. My stomach feels like it is imploding and cramping from hunger. I also feel week. I wish I could start on cream Soups. I am going to email my nutrionist.

I am wearing a tank top type bra that holds me in.

How much are you eating? Am I eating too much? I am just eating when I feel hungry and stopping when I feel full.

Audree

Audree? You're laying on your stomach already? What about the rest who have been banded? What about on your sides?

My day is quickly approaching...I'm up on Friday!

Thanks!

Chris

Audree? You're laying on your stomach already? What about the rest who have been banded? What about on your sides?

My day is quickly approaching...I'm up on Friday!

Thanks!

Chris

I was able to sleep on my tummy and sides the night back to the hotel from the hospital. My port is not sore during the day. It was a little sore last night, but laying on my heating pad helped. I find putting a little squishy pillow under my port feels good too!

Congrats on your surgery! Let us know how you are doing!

Audree

Are you the lucky one eating the Skinny Cow Cheese!!!!! What day did they let you start eating those???? I am going to ask my dietician because I feel week and tired.Audree

I was able to start eating them yesterday, day 4. I saw my surgeon and dietician today. My staples were removed and replaced with steri strips. I was told to start my Vitamins because my hemoglobin is low, by history. Of course I have to increase my fluids, but learned I can do it with broth also, never thought about that. Everything is going well. I am so pleased. My surgeon and support staff really are terrific. Thank God.

I thought you all might get a kick out of this...

My mom was telling my 89 year old grandma about my surgery. My grandma mulls it over for a second and then says, "Well, I think she should just wear a girdle!" A girdle?!?! LOL! My mom said, "Yeah, I don't think that would quite do the trick." Too much. Gotta love the grandmas!

2 more weeks! So glad you already-banded peeps are doing so well!

Maria

I spoke to the nutritionist about the soy milk and rice milk. She said rice milk has no Protein, so that's a no go. The soy milk is fine, as long as it is not the flavored stuff. She said it can be flavored with a fat free Syrup, I think she said Quik has one. I am going to check that out.

Silk has a new vanilla flavored Soy milk with no sugar, if it's the sugar your nutritionist is worried about...

I just bought some myself this past weekend... I think I got the rice milk, too. I had already figured out that I was going to have to add in some Protein to boost the minimal amount it has.

I'm not big on "milk" period. No matter what its origin is...

Chris

Ah...re-read your post...it's the "fat" she's concerned about. Didn't think about that one. I'll have to check out my container when I get home.

Chris