Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would love love love some popcorn...

If I REALLY want something....I have it! I did just have a couple pieces of popcorn a couple weeks ago when my Sis was eating some, just a few pieces & I was satisfied! I find if I don't allow myself to have what I really want ( & seriously, I've found I'm done after a small bite or two) then I will over compensate trying to find "acceptable" options & eventually eating 2-3x the calories then if I'd gone ahead & had what I wanted in the first place! So I don't deprive myself...just moderation!

popcorn is fine, just as long as you wash it down with a martini or two. :P

Haha does adding vodka to the movie theater slush count?

Can u imagine lol

I would be spinning like crazy from all that sugar and alcohol... A popcorn party yayyy

You know how you start thinking about some particular food and pretty soon you've convinced yourself that it is the most fabulous food in the world (even when you don't normally "love" it....just enjoy having it once in a while) and you cannot live without it? When I was kid a a got obsessed with having to have a radish. Yes' date=' a radish. No idea why -- maybe I saw it on tv and thought it looked good. I kept asking my mother to buy a radish to put in my salads (yes, I was on a diet as a kid). But once I started thinking about it I became obsessed with having a radish. She told me that I had the wrong idea about what a radish will taste like... she was right...yuck.Just thought I'd share...[/quote']

They ate radishes on Fraggle Rock all the time. Even Doozer sticks were made of radishes.

I am about 2 1/2 months postop and I can eat popcorn and nuts.. I've had the air popped kind a couple times just about a handful or two and it goes down fine.. So do nuts.. I just had my checkup and my nutritionalist assured me that I can eat just about anything just small portions (of course) and get my Protein in first.. And always try a small bite of any new food and wait about 5 minutes to make sure it sits well with your stomach.. I still can't eat eggs very well.. I have lost 48 pds since surgery....

popcorn is fine, just as long as you wash it down with a martini or two. :P

Margaritas!

Dana

for years' date=' prior to WLS of course :)

DH would say to me - "i want some popcorn", lets go to the movies :lol: :lol:

doc gave me "permission" to have popcorn a few months post op (sorry, don't remember when)

now when DH and i go to the movies he will still have his GIGANTIC tub of BUTTERED popcorn!!!!

(he knows he needs to loose about 75 lbs, but he doesn't have the will or the motivation :angry: )

i will get a plain SMALL popcorn (i luck out, not big on butter, NEVER butter on popcorn)

i know movie popcorn is not the healthiest, and i know i COULD bring from home some better popcorn

but..... i don't want to :lol:

the "mental" aspect of having movie popcorn is great for me :lol:

for home, i will buy a box of orville redonbocker small popcorn bags that have 100 calories , never have a problem with digestion

i know, i know, too many carbs :angry: - but as a treat on an occasion - popcorn won't kill me!!!

tomorrow going to movies - bruce willis die hard sequil

woo hoo - popcorn city :lol: [/quote']

Your post THRILLED me! I just asked this question on another thread. How far post op are you?

I love popcorn and kettle corn and they love me!!

I eat it and its no biggie... I actually get satisfied very soon after eating it so its not much.

It's a great snack and a must at the movies :)

And far far post op are you?

I'm nine months post op :)

Def. not one of my favorites, either. But it sure sounds delicious right now!

Haha does adding vodka to the movie theater slush count?

Can u imagine lol

I would be spinning like crazy from all that sugar and alcohol... A popcorn party yayyy

Heh. You can actually do this at Ipic theaters where drinking vodka and any other assortment of drinks with your popcorn is fairly standard.

Your post THRILLED me!How far post op are you?

Sumsuz68

I'm a "proud" 14 month "survivor" and lover of the sleeve :)

my DOS 12/15/11

like someone else mentioned - i also buy kettle popcorn in those small 100 calorie bags (orville redonbocker (msp)

i will eat them sometime 3-4X a week - no problem - they are my tv "planned" snack for around 8:00 pm :)

your DOS 3/1/13 - thats this friday!!!!

OMG - March already!!!!!

you will have to wait a while til you can "probably" be allowed to eat popcorn

but.....never fear, i see B) popcorn in your future :)

good luck with WLS

speedy recovery

May I suggest what we do in our home - roasted garbanzo Beans. http://www.steamykitchen.com/10725-crispy-roasted-chickpeas-garbanzo-beans.html

We roast them until they are almost corn nut crunchy. We use different seasonings and my husband and kids love them more then popcorn now. I'm in mush foods so I can't have yet.

I made a large batch for a community movie night and tons of people (and kids) raved about them.

Oh and good source of Protein.< /p>

May I suggest what we do in our home - roasted garbanzo Beans. http://www.steamykitchen.com/10725-crispy-roasted-chickpeas-garbanzo-beans.html

We roast them until they are almost corn nut crunchy. We use different seasonings and my husband and kids love them more then popcorn now. I'm in mush foods so I can't have yet.

I made a large batch for a community movie night and tons of people (and kids) raved about them.

Oh and good source of Protein.

I LOVE those! Do you make yours with olive oil? That and Kosher salt is how I've made it, but I'd love to know if you can forget the oil. Healthier.