Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would love love love some popcorn...

I LOVE those! Do you make yours with olive oil? That and Kosher salt is how I've made it' date=' but I'd love to know if you can forget the oil. Healthier.[/quote']

I've tried without oil and its like a dry roast and salt won't stick. My husband liked it with a little Johnny's seasoning or a little ranch packet flavoring. Also you can get "a hint of lime" powder and its great! Ohh and may I suggest trying coconut oil! It's a heart healthy oil and is complex so great for weight loss!

May I suggest what we do in our home - roasted garbanzo Beans. http://www.steamykit...anzo-beans.html

We roast them until they are almost corn nut crunchy. We use different seasonings and my husband and kids love them more then popcorn now. I'm in mush foods so I can't have yet.

I made a large batch for a community movie night and tons of people (and kids) raved about them.

Oh and good source of Protein.

Sounds YUMMY!

May I suggest what we do in our home - roasted garbanzo Beans. http://www.steamykitchen.com/10725-crispy-roasted-chickpeas-garbanzo-beans.html

We roast them until they are almost corn nut crunchy. We use different seasonings and my husband and kids love them more then popcorn now. I'm in mush foods so I can't have yet.

I made a large batch for a community movie night and tons of people (and kids) raved about them.

OMG that sounds good!!

I have never made any recipes from this site!!!

Shhh.. I'm lazy :P

But I am making these!!

I love chickpeas

May I suggest what we do in our home - roasted garbanzo Beans. http://www.steamykitchen.com/10725-crispy-roasted-chickpeas-garbanzo-beans.html

I'm going grocery shopping this afternoon and I'm totally going to make these!! I even have coconut oil already, I love it! Thanks for the recipe!!

I am making these tonight!!

Thank you Karee!!

I LOVE those! Do you make yours with olive oil? That and Kosher salt is how I've made it, but I'd love to know if you can forget the oil. Healthier.

Olive oil is extremely healthy!!

Olive oil is extremely healthy!!

I heard in Weight Watchers years ago that when you cook at a certain degree the healthy goes away. Not sure if its true or not.

I heard in Weight Watchers years ago that when you cook at a certain degree the healthy goes away. Not sure if its true or not.

Party pooper! :P

Ok I made them! They are awesome!! I think my oven is on the way out tho. I cooked them on 400 for 40 mins and the insides were still soft so I put them back in for another 30 mins and they turned crunchy! I love them! Thank you for the recipe!

Ok I made them! They are awesome!! I think my oven is on the way out tho. I cooked them on 400 for 40 mins and the insides were still soft so I put them back in for another 30 mins and they turned crunchy! I love them! Thank you for the recipe!

My pleasure! I roast mine for a long time too. Also make sure you dry them really good and oil use a little oil as these Beans hold moisture and take forever to dry out.

Try Edamame! It's supposed to give popcorn cravings the boot!

Edamame Popcorn

SEPTEMBER 1, 2012 · 0 COMMENTS

Some people are crazy popcorn lovers. If you’re like Borz, going to the movies is basically just a means of getting popcorn. Other people prefer not to have kernels stuck between their teeth for the next 20 days. If you love popcorn and want something healthier or hate popcorn and need your own movie snack, let me introduce you to edamame popcorn.

Edamame Popcorn

Serves 2

12 ounce package frozen edamame, de-shelled

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated

Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place frozen edamame into colander and rinse under cold Water to thaw.

Spread strained edamame into a 9×13 baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan, salt and pepper.

Bake in oven about 15 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.

Edamame Popcorn

SEPTEMBER 1, 2012 · 0 COMMENTS

Some people are crazy popcorn lovers. If you’re like Borz, going to the movies is basically just a means of getting popcorn. Other people prefer not to have kernels stuck between their teeth for the next 20 days. If you love popcorn and want something healthier or hate popcorn and need your own movie snack, let me introduce you to edamame popcorn.

Edamame Popcorn

Serves 2

1 tablespoon olive oil

Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place frozen edamame into colander and rinse under cold Water to thaw.

Spread strained edamame into a 9×13 baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan, salt and pepper.

I'm going to be trying to this recipe too along with the roasted garbanzo Beans. I love steamed edamame so I bet I will love this....

Thanks so much!

Dana

Edamame Popcorn

SEPTEMBER 1' date=' 2012 · 0 COMMENTS

Edamame Popcorn

Serves 2

1 tablespoon olive oil

Salt & pepper

[/quote']

Great idea! My wife and I just bought a bunch of wild spices that are designed to mix with mayo or cream cheese. However, now I can see mixing them on baked edamame would make something like a crunchy corn nut. We got the following flavors: Thai, tandoori. Wasabi, apple pie,peach infusion. Hmmmm, sounds like an interesting new product idea for a more healthy corn nut with Protein. Now don't go taking my idea and making a 100 million dollars. Excuse me while I go file a patent. ;)