Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheated on Liquid Diet

Yes, they will deny you and not allow you to reapply for the procedure...................that feeling you're having right now. Hang on to it and remember it next time you want to stray.

No, they won't deny you. We all make mistakes, the important part is to learn from them. I would definitely say in all seriousness, do not have anything to eat from now on, if that is what you were instructed. There are physiologic reasons that they may want you on liquids a day or two before surgery. Good luck!

How will they know?? Everything you ate will have past throughe by then. Don't worry about it and dnt confess to the nurse or you will have problems. Good luck.

Just get back on track....I ate an entire six dollar burger with fries on my liquid diet phase...then I picked myself up and tried again!

I messed up every day of my pre op diet ... I ate the entire time... The day before my surgery i fast liquids only and took an enema ... And had my surgery safely the next day done in 38 minutes ... The point of the diet is to shock your weigjt loss to shrink the liver to make the surgery easier since it is laprascopic ... If he cant lift your liver it will a an open vs. A lap ... Dont worry you will be fine !!!

I ate normal all the way until 2 days before then I did an extreme liquid diet. Enjoy your "last supper"

You know, it really depends from office to office but here is what I can tell you.

You need to think about what you are about to do to yourself. liquid diets are hard so I am not even about to beat you over the head about straying but you need to think about how you strayed. You didn't give a ton of details in your post so I dont know if you had a binge, or you cheated with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter but you do need to stick to that diet closely because you are putting yourself at risk, and yes, there ARE offices that WILL turn you away for not following the pre-op diet and it will show in how much weight you lose or do not loose come surgery day weigh in.