Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No I understand. The Dr scared the crap out I me about starting earlier than 3 weeks. So I am afraid to do anything he hasn't told me. I have a follow up next week so I will hear what he has to say then.

Ya im only like 3 days early for my puree stage so I think ill be fine.. Im slowly introducing myself to things i only had two weeks liquid diet (full liquid)

I am still on liquid and its difficult because everyone else is eating. Can't graduate for another week. My surgeon has me in 3 weeks liquid and I am not tempted to hurt myself yet and I am scared. But I will make it. Down 25 lbs since pre op diet. 15 of it after surgery.

I was sleeved on the 11th. I have to stay on liquids an extra week also.But, had a hernia fixed along w the sleeve. I haven't been tempted either. Almost scared of the next step. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks. I will make it. I am sure it gets easier. My wife had it 3 years ago and she is going to do the soft foods with me.

That is extremely kind of her! It sounds like you have a great support system. You are a lucky guy!

Hi Everyone! I was sleeved on the 12th also. I was 275 prior to surgery, lost down to 242 when I weighed on the day of surgery and my first week post-op I was down to 237. I gained 3 lbs in the hospital (probably from fluids) so really I lost 8 lbs in my first week. My next weigh in is on Tuesday which will be two weeks since surgery. I also went thru the "HUNGRY" feelings. This started on post-op day 4 and went thru day 10. It was terrible. I also wanted to cry, would just go to the grocery store (once) and walked around and felt very depressed. I guess this was my mourning.

I am supposed to start my puree/soft diet on Tuesday but today I did eat 4 halves (equivalent to 2 whole eggs) of deviled eggs. It hurt so bad, not in my sleeve, but in my chest as I ate them. I know I ate them fast. I was so excited about having them. I have had some mashed potatoes and about 10 bites of spaghetti mashed up w/ sauce and I tolerated these well. Is that a lot of food for the deviled eggs? I ate them about 20-30 minutes ago and my chest still feels very full. I don't think I messed anything up. I just think I ate too fast and maybe too many. Any thoughts??

I've had a few of the same things. I know I'm eating too fast. Its a lot of gas. When you're able to drink it should move on down. Mine did! Good luck!

No I understand. The Dr scared the crap out I me about starting earlier than 3 weeks. So I am afraid to do anything he hasn't told me. I have a follow up next week so I will hear what he has to say then.

My dr was the same way. I did try a tiny bit of pizza but too scared to do anything else

Ughhh! Help :( im back to babysitting and I've been picking at things all day it feels like! I've been giving into cravings here and there to lately :(

How was the pizza?

Great in my mouth, but kind of got "stuck" going down and I could feel it in my stomach for a long time. I'm not even sure that is possible but that's what it felt like

Smaller than a regular bite. I just stopped craving stuff this week

Why do I still crave pizza? Shouldn't this stop??

Ugh omg I was sleeved the 11th and I crave pizza so bad! I dream about it almost every night. But pizza was always my #1 weakness and go to comfort food. I figure since the stress of adapting to the sleeve triggers the mental need to comfort myself with food and being that pizza was my go to its what I crave the most.

It's definitely the food I look forward to the most to eat again, but also the food I will have to learn to control myself around :)

I've lost 10lbs total since my surgery on the 12th. Now im not complaining but I thought it would of been more!