Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey gang, how are you all doing? Please check in when you can!

As for me, I came home yesterday evening. I'm taking pain meds every 4 hours. I wake up, walk around for 15-20 minutes, sip on about 2 oz Water, do my deep breathing, then take my meds and go back to sleep. I slept in the living room so I could utilize our recliner. My husband, bless his heart, has been super supportive. He slept on the couch next to my recliner last night. He's been very attentive. But I'm trying to be as self sufficient as possible since he's going to go back to work soon.

I wake up every little bit in pain, go pee and take more med if can. I thought this would be easier but I feel sick, sore and like a big baby.

Hi guys! March 12th was my one year surgiversary. ;) stay on top of ur meds, keep sipping, and try to walk just a little bit. It will help with gas pain. Gas pain hit me after two or three days. It was weird because it was in my shoulder. Crazy. Anyhow, take care and rest and heal.

I feel like crap. I ended up having a massive hiatal hernia that had to be repaired. I have to go back to work on Monday so I hope I start feeling better

I feel like crap. I ended up having a massive hiatal hernia that had to be repaired. I have to go back to work on Monday so I hope I start feeling better

I'm sorry that u feel so crappy. It'll get better. It'll take awhile, but it does get better. Hang on.

Tabitha, I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I hope you are getting lots of R&R so that come Monday you're feeling better.

I'm actually doing much better now. I have been moving, very slowly, around and drinking. Thanks guys

I'm at home now. I had to stay 3 nights. I can swallow though now I'm concerned with dehydration. I have to keep fluids in me and I am already struggling.

Hi guys! March 12th was my one year surgiversary. ;) stay on top of ur meds' date=' keep sipping, and try to walk just a little bit. It will help with gas pain. Gas pain hit me after two or three days. It was weird because it was in my shoulder. Crazy. Anyhow, take care and rest and heal.[/quote']

So your a year out now!!! That's awesome! I also had mine on the 12th of this year like the previous girl said. But the weird and worrisome thing is im 4days post op an my stomach is always feeling Hungry!!!?? Why is that? Do you know?

So what's everyone's weight loss if any at this point? I went in at 260 came home 265 and this morning 254.2. Five was Water weight but needed to see something to know it was worth.

Im the same as you. 254-253. I got my surgery the same day as you..

My weight before pre op diet was 258.6. I lost over 11lbs on pre op liquid diet. I went in for surgery weighing 244.4. I currently weight 242. I'm 5'5 & surgery was 3/12.

I was 242 the morning I left for the hospital. Yesterday before leaving the hospital I was 242.9( I think it was the fluids). 237 this morning. So I have lost a net of 5 pounds this week. I have to be honest. I'm not hungry, but I sure miss food. I tried to purée some Mac and cheese. It was disgusting!! How is that possible?

So your a year out now!!! That's awesome! I also had mine on the 12th of this year like the previous girl said. But the weird and worrisome thing is im 4days post op an my stomach is always feeling Hungry!!!?? Why is that? Do you know?

It'll get better, but yes I went through that too! I was starving or the smell of food was torture- I wanted to eat real food. Of course that wasn't an option, so that's when I'd feel sad. I remember fighting the tears in a grocery store because I just wanted to buy food that I could eat. Lol. Some people recommend taking a ppi- like Prilosec. It's an acid reducer. This helps works for some. I was on it for the first two weeks after surgery and I was still hungry. I think a lot of my hunger was in my mind because eventually it got better. Happy healing!