Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3 days post op and need to drink but it hurts my stomach so bad! Yesterday I only was able to get in 10 ounces. Today isn't looking much better. Were you guys able to get in your liquids? ?

I'm right there with you! I'm five days out and having trouble with liquids, especially In my chest. I've notices itty bitty baby sips while sitting straight up go down the best. Also, milk goes down better than other liquids. Hope this helps!

At 3 days post-op, no. I was about like you... but then I decided to take it more seriously and drink an ounce every 10 minutes. It worked. Yes every time I took a sip, I could feel it go all the way down and land in my stomach and there was a little cramp every time, but you have got to keep drinking or you will end up in the ER with dehydration. It gets better every day. I still don't get all my Water in every day but I'm getting better and better.. some days I get it all in and some days I don't. I am 3 weeks out.

Also, sometimes warm liquids go down easier and don't hurt... like chicken broth. I still drink the broth from chicken noodle Soup if I'm having trouble getting my liquids in... and yesterday I ordered some Unjury chicken broth Protein because I hate sweet protein shakes... I'm hoping I'll be able to get all my protein in using it. Good luck to you.. it will get better each day!

I had a hard time drinking in the beginnig. The first week, I could not get Water down. Warm chicken broth went down the best. I drank G2 as well. The first week, I maybe got 20 ounces in. It was better by week two.

Thank you guys, it's nice to know I'm not alone with this problem :)

I drank warm Decaf tea. I could drink that better than Water.< /p>

sugar-free popsciles have worked well for me. Also G2 and Campbells chicken Noodle Soup minus the noodles and meat. I'm having trouble with Water unless it's mixed with crushed ice. I was surprised the doctor let me go home on day four because I was only taking in about 20 oz at best per 24 hours. At home with better tasting liquids I have definitely been able to do better and the nausea seems to have disappated for now. I did have nausea while in the hospital. That feeling that your mouth is full of liquid but no actual vomiting. I'm 6 days post op and taking in about 45 oz.

Sip all day long ALSO test yourself see what you can drink more of. Hot, Warm, Cold. I couldn't drink hardly anything cold it hurt for me. I had to have everything at least room temp.

I tried cold Water the first few days but learned I can get hot tea down a lot easier.