Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doctor cleared me to keep trying for a baby 5 weeks post-op

I got sleeved for one reason: to conceive a child! I have spent over 36' date='000 trying IVF but was too heavy and miscarried. I have my whole life to lose weight but now it's focusing on a baby. Thanks for being such a bunch of insensitive assholes.[/quote']

Sorry everyone is attacking you! I think (hope) most are just worried about your health. The most important advice you receive is from your doc and surgeon, they know you best, not a bunch of strangers on a chat board! Hang in there, and I pray you have a happy, healthy baby. God bless you.

Although I agree it's early , if all your drs are ok with it, go for it. I understand the overwhelming desire to conceive. I'm in that same boat myself. Try to get a high risk OB / GYN. that way you're getting a whole buttload of care. Sorry people were being rude to you. I think they care, but personality and passion are hard to decipher via a message board.

I got sleeved for one reason: to conceive a child! I have spent over $36,000 trying IVF but was too heavy and miscarried. I have my whole life to lose weight but now it's focusing on a baby. Thanks for being such a bunch of insensitive assholes.

i feel your pain when it comes to infertility. i have 2 miracle babies- i was told i would never have any! we have been trying for a 3rd for the last 4 years and had 3 miscarriages since then. i decided to do the sleeve to lose weight in order to hopefully be a more healthy person and be able to carry one more baby to term. i have PCOS and that is greatly improved on by weight loss. hoping this is the case for me as i am not getting any younger. hope you get healthy and get that precious miracle you have been waiting for!

I got sleeved for one reason: to conceive a child! I have spent over $36,000 trying IVF but was too heavy and miscarried. I have my whole life to lose weight but now it's focusing on a baby. Thanks for being such a bunch of insensitive assholes.

Go for it & post pics of your beautiful baby after you have him/her! :-) Again, God bless you!!!!!

I'm sorry if you felt like I was attacking you as that wasn't my intention. I have struggled with infertility and was told I would never have kids. I had my son 8mths ago and I couldn't imagine my life without him. I was just suggesting that maybe you wait a bit and focus on yourself and your weight loss before getting pregnant since you will likely gain back what you lose. I myself plan on trying a yr out from my surgery (2yrs is way too long for me). But if your doctors think it is ok and you feel it's what is best for you and your family go for it and I wish you a happy healthy pregnancy.

You do realize that these "insensitive assholes" are pointing out something that your surgeon should have made clear to you in the beginning? Five weeks post op isn't the time to get pregnant. While it does happen (if you dig, I'm sure you'll find the posts), it's something that requires extra medical attention because you're eating (and I'm being generous) 800 calories a day? While they may not have been as happy as you'd have liked, they are bringing a very real concern to you, which is that for your safety and the safety of the child you want so much, you might want to proceed cautiously.

I was being very supportive of you and resent being called a bad name. Part of being a parent means being an adult and being able to take constructive criticism from people who are concerned.

You may want to be very careful with a pregnancy so early post op. as everyone has said, you are not getting enough nutrients to support both yourself and a baby.

Pretty much your body will be fighting the baby for nutrients. And who do you think will win?

That's what both my NUT and surgeon told me as I had many concerns about my abilities to have children post op.

I think some people may have phrased it in a different way, but this is the main issue: nutrition.

If you search in the pregnancy section you'll find many people who got pregnant early post op. they would probably be your best resource.

I'm not sure how I feel about this - if getting pregnant was the main goal of having this procedure then I suppose you have achieved it - but there are some serious and substantial reasons why most everyone is asked to NOT get pregnant for a year. I saw that you called the women who commented here insensitive assholes but I think the concerns are valid.

That being said - I know people who want nothing more than to become pregnant and if that is you, then congratulations, I just hope that your personal wishes are not putting your health and the health of the fetus as risk.

I know how you feel. My husband and I tried for 8 years with no luck.

I had the surgery just so I could improve my chances of getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy. But I also knew that I would give myself the best chance by waiting a year before trying, really whats 1 more year?

I know it seems like forever, but you owe it to yourself(and your future baby) to take full advantage of the surgery, focus on making yourself the best vessel to carry a baby first. Being a parent means being selfless and in this case it means getting yourself to a point where you can consume enough nutrients to make a happy and healthy baby.

I don't know how much you need to lose but imagine how much easier it will be being another 50-60 pounds lighter?