Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help?? 4 Days Post Op And Still The Pain

I was wondering...I guess I've heard so many people say that 3 to 5 days they're back to normal. I'm not close to normal and I'm 4 days post op...still lots of pain in incision area on stomach. How long did it take you to feel good?

It took me a week before I started to feel at all normal. I had a fair amount of pain. I'd say it took two weeks before I really felt like myself again.

Some people just heal faster then the rest of us I guess!

I agree, 5 days would have really been pushing it for me to go back to work. Had my surgery Nov 8. Yesterday I started feeling pretty good. (Still some incision pain but not too bad.) I was very sick vomiting the 1st 2 days so maybe that why I am just now feeling normal again. Get my staples out tomorrow:clap2: . Starting to feel more hunger too.. YIKES! Cottage cheese is my friend today:heh:

The nurse at my office said all people respond differently to anethesia, some take longer to recover.

I'm just over 2 weeks out and still a little sore at my port incision. One incision is a bit infected too, but it's not bad.

I have a very physical job and wished I had taken off 2 weeks, not just one. I'm feeling more human now, but still very tired. Everyone heals at a different pace. I'm still getting over the anesthesia and haven't taken more than Tylenol since 3 days post surg. Just don't push yourself, take the time to let your body heal. Good luck.

I'm having surgery on a monday morning and leave the hospital the next morning, i was going have my husband just take off the monday and tuesday, we have a 4 yr old and 1 yr old. Do you think he will need more time than that? will I be able to take care of the kids. The dr. didn't really give me any info at all. I met with him for 5 minutes and all he said is "

when would you like surgery?" bring the payment in cash and in envelope, and have a ride home." lol.

not what to expect for anything, weird.

it took me 2-3 days to feel more awake. "normal" for me took a bit longer, probably a week.

remember - everyone heals differently. baby yourself, remember to take your short walks though. give your body the time it needs to heal.

Do you not have some liquid loritab for the pain? It did the job for me and I have 5 huge bottles left over. I only needed a few doses of it and felt much better. Call you doctor and have them prescribe you some if you think you need it.

I had surgery on Oct 26 and the first 3 days post-surgery were the worst for me. After that, I started to feel a little better each day but I still had some pain. I felt much better after one week and almost 100% after 2 weeks. I still don't have a lot of energy though and I am exhausted at the end of the day. I had surgery on Thursday, Oct 26 and I didn't go back to work until Monday, Nov 6.

After my first surgery, I was in pain for about 5-6 days .. the kind that stops you from doing anything that is. I was still sore for about two weeks, but was able to function somewhat normally.

I guess I'm lucky in that after the revision surgery, my incisions haven't hurt at all. A handful of times I've had mild discomfort, but nothing like I was expecting. They didn't have to replace the port, so I know that made a big difference, but also, I had a Tummy Tuck back in April, so the lower half of my stomach is still numb lol .. think that did the trick!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

I'm sorry you're feeling pain. Honestly, it was a piece of cake for me. I had surgery on Tuesday and went back to work the last 1/2 of Thursday. That Sat. and Sun. I just laid around but was up and getting around well by Monday. It is different for everyone.Like others have said..walk, walk, walk. It really helps.

You basically get stabbed several times in your abdomen--of course while you're anesthetized, but still--think about it. Then you have to heal while not really getting a whole lot of nutrition for at least a week. Of course you're going to have pain. Things take a little while.

You can walk around almost immediately post-op. Drive fairly soon. I went back to my sedentary job 1 week after. It took me 3 weeks until I could sleep on my stomach again. Before that I could sleep on my side, but my belly kind of hurt "hanging" there unless I supported it with a pillow. Your endurance will improve every day. Lap band surgery was not nearly as bad as having a C-section, but 4 days out is pretty fresh. I've had pimples that bothered me for longer than that. Please don't get worried at this point about still having pain or discomfort. Take care--Jigglypuff

I'm having surgery on a monday morning and leave the hospital the next morning, i was going have my husband just take off the monday and tuesday, we have a 4 yr old and 1 yr old. Do you think he will need more time than that? will I be able to take care of the kids. The dr. didn't really give me any info at all. I met with him for 5 minutes and all he said is "

when would you like surgery?" bring the payment in cash and in envelope, and have a ride home." lol.

not what to expect for anything, weird.

You really need to discuss with your doctor your post op instructions, especially with a baby at home. You will probably not be allowed to pick baby up for awhile. I had a 10 lb wt restriction for 6 WEEKS!!

I was not allowed to lift anything during that time.

I couldn't even help lift my grandson's in and out of the car.

As for pain issues, I found out I was a big wimp. It took me about 1 week to feel comfortable enough to move easily. It was ridiculous how difficult it was for me to roll over in bed and get in and out of bed.

My port site probably hurt all the time for 1 -2 weeks and then off and on for about 4 weeks. Now I don't even notice it being there.

I had 5 sites on my abdomen. And the port site is about 3 inches long.

I had surgery on 10th of november and on my first day home i was fine then the following 4 days i couldnt even get out of bed, i couldnt drink any fluids and was in so much pain, then i forced myself to go 4 a walk and it really helped me now i only have a little pain in my incisions and im doing really well!

Everyone heals at a different pace. Don't feel any pressure to compete with those who are running laps after 2 days! My port and incision site seem to be sore forever. Really it was just bad for 2 weeks, then much less for another 2. After a month, it was non-existent. Don't sweat it, you will feel better in no time. Keep with the TYlenol and take it easy with bending and twisting.