Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am dying on the pre op diet! I am getting sleeved on the 22nd and have to do the pre op diet for 2 weeks. I've been having Protein Shake and oatmeal for Breakfast, shake and raw veggies for lunch and grilled chicken and Lots of veggies for dinner. For a snack nonfat Greek yogurt or sugar free pudding or Jello. I'm still hungry though! What had everyone else been having on their pre op?!

You should consider yourself lucky. I have heard of pre-op diets here where they were allowed ONLY liquids for 2 weeks. Sorry, I know it doesn't make it easier, but you are on the fortunate side of things.

Myself, I had 2 weeks of shake for breakfast/lunch and a salad with veggies and lean Protein for dinner. If I was still hungry, I could have another shake.< /p>

If you are TOTALLY struggling, you can contact your medical team, but this may be an indication of your relationship with food.

Just know that I have heard it mentioned more than once on here where folks have struggled with the pre-op diet, surgeon got in there and closed them back up without doing the sleeve because their liver was too large to work with.

I am dying on the pre op diet! I am getting sleeved on the 22nd and have to do the pre op diet for 2 weeks. I've been having Protein shake and oatmeal for breakfast' date=' shake and raw veggies for lunch and grilled chicken and Lots of veggies for dinner. For a snack nonfat Greek yogurt or sugar free pudding or Jello. I'm still hungry though! What had everyone else been having on their pre op?![/quote']

Girl, that's an awesome pre op diet!!

I only had Protein shakes and Protein Soup for two weeks!!

The first couple of days are hard... But you can do it!!

Good luck :)

I know my doctor's pre-op diet was much easier than most. shakes for two meals and 4oz lean meat, 1/2 cup starch and 1 cup veggies for dinner. If a snack is necessary, another shake. Even though the patient manual said everyone had to do the pre-op diet for one or two weeks prior to the surgery, when I went to my final appointment with the NUT pre-surgery, there was a man sitting next to me who was having surgery 4 days later. He mentioned to the NUT that he guessed he better get started on the pre-op diet. She told him to just do the best he could. I tell you this because I obsessed terribly over the pre-op diet. I was so hungry and I was convinced that if I deviated in the least, I would ruin the whole thing. I had visions of waking up and being told that the surgery could not be done because of my big fat liver. It made me miserable. I have heard the stories about surgeries that were not done, but I have never met anyone that it has happened to. In retrospect, I cannot believe that if I had eaten a string cheese or a couple of extra ounces of Protein that it would have made a difference.

Hang in there....you can do it! I start my 1 week liquid pre op diet in 2 days....I'll just have to remind myself that I need to hang in there.

Think about how hot you will look after this. That's what I'm using as motivation to keep me going.

Good luck with it !

That's doesn't sound like a prepping diet to me . I was on Clear Liquids and three Protein Shakes a day for two weeks prior to my surgery. But I stick it out and my doc said my liver shrunk 4-5 cm and he was very pleased with that. Only the first 4 days were hard and after that a walk on the park. I have heard of surgeries being cancelled and rescheduled because people were eating too much or the wrong things pre op. you can do this!!! Stay strong!!

I was on the same preop diet and I realized after about day 5 the more Water I drink and as long as I eat every 2 hours I was full. I also lost 18ish lbs!!! god i miss my preop diet! i am today one week post op and only on Clear Liquids and no Protein until day 14! I'm starving! Lol

I agree with you 30 years! That pre-op diet that I thought was so miserable seems like a feast now! I almost think they make us do the pre-op diet to ease us into the reality of post-op.

I lived on sugar free Popsicles and broth not easy but you can do it'.

Totally ago smo!

That's supposed to say agree!

I limited my calories to about 1000/day - eating cottage cheese for breakfast, fish/chicken + veggies for lunch and same for dinner. Plus I have been doing elliptical 6 days/week for an hour each time I have lost 30 lbs since Jan 2. My doc is pleased and I am set for surgery on the 28th! I must say the food thing was really hard the first few weeks, but it has gotten easier. I also have learned that when I really started craving, it usually was time for a meal. Even if it was only 4:30 in the afternoon, I'd have dinner and then be good for the night. I also found that staying away from carbohydrates was key. Whenever I'd have carbs, I'd crave more in just a little while. It is kind of amazing how starving ourselves makes us so much more in tune with our bodies. Don't mean to sound like I really know what I'm talking about, because I obviously don't - wouldn't be here if I did. Good luck!

Not sure how many times I have post this but Popsicle brand sf tropical are my absolute fav! Gotta try'em!!