Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

The last couple runs have been a lot better. The 1% incline feels good and I've shortened my stride I think. I feel good after 7 km. I haven't been able to make myself run further than that since I finished the Couch to 10k. I just don't feel like I need to run longer than 50 minutes at a shot for exercise. Gallbladder surgery tomorrow so yesterday was probably my last run for the next week or two.

Prayers for speedy recovery.

Tag pace buddy! Right there with you! Week 7 Day 1 done!

Do you run mon, wed, fri? I am such a creature of habit that I HAVE to run set days or it throws me off all week long. I am so OCD about certain things. ????

Today is a no run day. I do the seven minute workout app, run through twice. Boy howdy, does it kick my butt! Then I rode on the stationary bike for 10 minutes and walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes. Tomorrow is week seven day two and I'm actually looking forward to it.

Wow, it took me days but I just read through this whole thread and find it so inspirational. I downloaded the app and started yesterday. Prior to this I had been doing my own thing of walking 2 minutes and jogging 2 minutes for 45 minutes to an hour and worked my walking and jogging speed up to 4.2 ad 5.7. I excercise 5 days a week and alternate between the treadmill, a strength training dvd and an eliptical. I am about 8 months post surgery and weight loss has come to a screeching halt so looking for something new. I know weight loss does slow but I am blaming this on old eating habits creeping back. My calories which used to 800-900 per day are now 1200-1300 and not good calories sneaking in some sliders at night (which has always been my weak time).

I have a very strict surgeon which I will be seeing for 9 month check-up in about a month and I'm very nervous about it. I don't want to go back after 3 months and have lost nothing! I am hoping this app and coming to this thread will change things up for me.

The last couple runs have been a lot better. The 1% incline feels good and I've shortened my stride I think. I feel good after 7 km. I haven't been able to make myself run further than that since I finished the Couch to 10k. I just don't feel like I need to run longer than 50 minutes at a shot for exercise. Gallbladder surgery tomorrow so yesterday was probably my last run for the next week or two.

Good luck on the surgery!

Do you run mon, wed, fri? I am such a creature of habit that I HAVE to run set days or it throws me off all week long. I am so OCD about certain things. ddc4d

Haha!! Yep! Me too. M,W,F!

Wow, it took me days but I just read through this whole thread and find it so inspirational. I downloaded the app and started yesterday. Prior to this I had been doing my own thing of walking 2 minutes and jogging 2 minutes for 45 minutes to an hour and worked my walking and jogging speed up to 4.2 ad 5.7. I excercise 5 days a week and alternate between the treadmill, a strength training dvd and an eliptical. I am about 8 months post surgery and weight loss has come to a screeching halt so looking for something new. I know weight loss does slow but I am blaming this on old eating habits creeping back. My calories which used to 800-900 per day are now 1200-1300 and not good calories sneaking in some sliders at night (which has always been my weak time). I have a very strict surgeon which I will be seeing for 9 month check-up in about a month and I'm very nervous about it. I don't want to go back after 3 months and have lost nothing! I am hoping this app and coming to this thread will change things up for me.

I'm 10 months post and having the same problem with eating habits that are getting out of control. I am doing a reset the rest of the week and going back to Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch and a Protein and veggie dinner. The carb monster has to be vanquished! I am also 10 pounds from my goal weight of 175 (I'm 5'11") and I think some amount of self-sabotage is happening. I'm leaving on a cruise on Saturday and I don't want to come back having gained 10 pounds. That would suck!

Good luck on the running program! The key to the program is sticking with it and not being afraid to repeat days or even weeks. Also, if you're having problems finishing a day, slow your running pace down! When I started, I was around 14:30/mile. Now I'm at 11:30/mile or faster for a 5K. My 10K pace on Saturday was 11:59/mile. As you lose weight, you will be able to increase your pace. I really didn't even worry about how fast I was until I had been running 5Ks consistently. My biggest concern is staying injury free, not how fast I'm running.

Wow, it took me days but I just read through this whole thread and find it so inspirational. I downloaded the app and started yesterday. Prior to this I had been doing my own thing of walking 2 minutes and jogging 2 minutes for 45 minutes to an hour and worked my walking and jogging speed up to 4.2 ad 5.7. I excercise 5 days a week and alternate between the treadmill, a strength training dvd and an eliptical. I am about 8 months post surgery and weight loss has come to a screeching halt so looking for something new. I know weight loss does slow but I am blaming this on old eating habits creeping back. My calories which used to 800-900 per day are now 1200-1300 and not good calories sneaking in some sliders at night (which has always been my weak time). I have a very strict surgeon which I will be seeing for 9 month check-up in about a month and I'm very nervous about it. I don't want to go back after 3 months and have lost nothing! I am hoping this app and coming to this thread will change things up for me.

Wow, reading your post is like reading my own bio!

Thanks LisaT678 and deedadouble for your responses -its nice to know I'm not alone in fighting the carb cravings and night time snacking. One of my strategies is to increase my Water drinking. I am realizing that has also been slacking off and think it might be making me hungrier at night when I finally have time to sit and relax. I'm going to tell myself to drink 2-3 glasses of water before reaching for anything to eat.

And thanks for the advice on the c25k. I think I will be slowing down when I start running for longer periods. Did my strength training dvd today and tomorrow will be on w1 d2. I still have a month to that doctors appointment and could still loose maybe 5 pounds by then I hope.

Have a great time on the cruise and I'm sure you can active to help counteract any extra calories.

Out of surgery and all good. Thanks for the good thoughts, everyone!

Looking forward to seeing you posting your runs and encouragement again!

Just finished W7D2. Went pretty well. It's nice since I've slowed my pace down, I can actually run and just let my mind wander and think about things. I actually came up with some pretty good ideas for Christmas this year. Lol

Anxiously awaiting my pacing partner, droppinstones, to post her run today. Are you on MFP?

Everyone have a great hump day! I'll be back tomorrow.

Just finished W7D2. Went pretty well. It's nice since I've slowed my pace down, I can actually run and just let my mind wander and think about things. I actually came up with some pretty good ideas for Christmas this year. Lol Anxiously awaiting my pacing partner, droppinstones, to post her run today. Are you on MFP? Everyone have a great hump day! I'll be back tomorrow.

Not on MFP but comes up here a lot maybe I should be :). Finished week 7 day 2

TAG

Did stationary bike this morning and then the 7 minute workout app X 2. It kicked my butt! I'm shaking afterwards.