Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

Got inspired to try it after reading this forum. Today will be W1D2. I agree with Mistysj' date=' adjusting the treadmill is the annoying part! I hope to make progress though as my walk speed was 3.0 and my "run" was 3.5 :( Would prefer to do it outside but I'm too self conscious at this point to jog in public. Is it just me?[/quote']

It's not just you. I just finished the C25K program and I'm still running on the treadmill. I've started the C210K program and thinking seriously about trying to run outside but still fighting the battle with myself.

Wow! Thanks BTB.

I ran wk 6 day 3 and I'm happy I was able to run the 22 mins straight but I'm disappointed I only went 2 miles. Does it get easier to work on speed after you finish the 9 wk program?

I told myself that the speed will come slowly so I don't feel so disappointed. But I now believe I'm a runner EVEN at a slower speed. I am upping my speed .1 with each week on the c210k program. It does seem to be easier with each passing day. (As long as I listen to my body and not my head, lol). Sounds like your doing awesome. Keep up the good work!!

Hi all:

Just finished W2 D1 last night. I'm doing the program every other day. My question is what activity do you guys do on the other days? I read that running every day is not recommended specially for a beginner like myself but I would like to exercise on a daily basis. I'm thinking maybe take a bike ride on the other days so as to not put stress on my joints.

Thanks' date='[/quote']

I do circuit on my off days. Just 30 min to help build muscles and hopefully help the "wavy" skin a little. ;-)

I do circuit on my off days. Just 30 min to help build muscles and hopefully help the "wavy" skin a little. ;-)

Do you follow any program in particular for the circuit? I wouldn't know where to start.

Hi Dean!!

Long time no see! I got kicked outta here because I couldn't get past week one!! (For a month) :P

But I wanted to say howdy :)

And OMG look at your ticker!!

Great job!

You're obviously killing it as well. Who would have thought, you hanging out in a exercise thread :P

Think of you and others here often. It's great to see you / us doing so well :)

......... and I can't really see anyone kicking you out of anywhere - but nice try! ;)

Deano x

Don't be dissing my beach! I wish you fun on your 5k but to me I'd rather spend 5k on a couch....

TNE best!! Loved it!!

Do you follow any program in particular for the circuit? I wouldn't know where to start.

I just do 3 min on my bike, wall push ups, 3 min elliptical, crunches, leg floor exercises, resistance bands for arms & waist, exercise ball exercises & then if I have time &/or energy I go through again finishing with 3 on the bike.

Circuit today and NOT looking forward to work. People screaming for their money and I have no control over how fast they get paid. Grrrrr

W1D3 down! Not looking forward to the longer runs next week lol

Made it through the dreaded W6D3 20 min run. My knee was hurting at the end, but I just kept putting one foot in front of the other. Starting W7 this weekend!

W1D3 down! Not looking forward to the longer runs next week lol

I had this same feeling every single week. I'd look ahead and think "no way can I run that added time." But every week, I surprised myself. Taking rest days allowed me to build my endurance each week. The people who devised that program really knew what they were doing. You're going to be surprised at what you can do. Surprised, amazed and proud.

I just do 3 min on my bike, wall push ups, 3 min elliptical, crunches, leg floor exercises, resistance bands for arms & waist, exercise ball exercises & then if I have time &/or energy I go through again finishing with 3 on the bike.

Sounds good, thanks!!

W3D3 done, 1/3 of the way there! I will say that today was really hard. I didn't realize until after the run that the intervals got longer today. I thought it would be the same as the previous two days.

I'm also tired because I had to run two days in a row, because of scheduling constraints. I could really feel it.