Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bored with food choices

So I'm 9 weeks post-op and haven't had any problems eating anything i've tried. The problem is, It seems like all I eat is chicken, eggs, ham/cheese rolls, shrimp or meatballs. I'm bored with all these but can't think of anything else to eat that will get me the Protein i need without having to drink 2 shakes a day. I don't like fish, other than shrimp, and I was told not to eat tough meats or vegetables until I'm 12 weeks out. I'm still only allowed 40g of carbs a day, so that also restricts alot of what I can eat. Anybody got any good recipes or ideas to help me mix it up a bit? Thanks for the help.

So I'm 9 weeks post-op and haven't had any problems eating anything i've tried. The problem is' date=' It seems like all I eat is chicken, eggs, ham/cheese rolls, shrimp or meatballs. I'm bored with all these but can't think of anything else to eat that will get me the Protein i need without having to drink 2 shakes a day. I don't like fish, other than shrimp, and I was told not to eat tough meats or vegetables until I'm 12 weeks out. I'm still only allowed 40g of carbs a day, so that also restricts alot of what I can eat. Anybody got any good recipes or ideas to help me mix it up a bit? Thanks for the help.[/quote']

I am still early post op, but I was in Krogers and saw some turkey chili that has 24 grams of Protein and 19 carbs...add a little shredded cheese and sour cream and viola.. What I am hoping to be a delicious quick meal.

But you should look at the recipes in theworldaccordingtoeggface, she has tons of recipes for weightloss surgery patients.

I'm still pre-op & waiting for approval, but it sounds like creativity will be the key here. Utilize google to find recipes & play with them as well as experiment to find different varieties of each dish that you find you like, join support groups such as this & do just as you are doing now to get great suggestions/ideas/recipes, look for Facebook pages that support VSG also & you will prob find great info there as well. Try to think outside the box as much as possible & think of all of the things you liked to eat pre-op & see if there is a way to redo it so that it's VSG appropriate. Hope this helps. Just dig deep & research. You will find what works & tastes great in time.

You prob can eat pork/beef if its cooked in a crock pot, as it tends to come out super tender.

Greek Yogurt or cottage cheese are both great. Also pork that has been cooked with moist heat. Different sauces will help it seem more of a variety too. BBQ, Asian, Mexican.

It is very limiting at first because you can eat so little. I even got sick of Dungeness Crab Cocktail! But it's such a brief time before you can eat a little more and get back more variety through veggies and starches.

Lynda

I ate a lot of cottage cheese, greek yogurt, cream Soups, and also discovered I could tolerate bbq chicken wings (the unbreaded, baked kind, not fired)

I also really enjoyed turkey chili, turkey burger patties with a slice of cheese on top, and turkey meatballs with turkey gravy over them.

I made spaghetti squash au gratin tonight. It was awesome. Kinda tasted like a potato casserole without tbe carbs. Hubby even took seconds.

Looking for something to try new! Slice radishes really thin and fry them or bake them like potatoes. Gives you the "starchy" feeling without all the carbs :). I garlic them up and OMG. Fantabulous :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm only one week post op, and the unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder has been a godsend. You can mix it with foods like applesauce, Jello, crystal light to increase the Protein content.

One recipe I saw that sounded good was greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp of PB2, and splenda for a Peanut Butter treat with plenty of protein.

Good luck.