Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Lo2us.. thanks, i have worried a few times "HAVE I SLIPPED ?" thanks for the post. I know I must swell some when I am bad,.. eat too fast, etc. I can feel so tight for several days. Today was so much

better. I started my day with coffee and then later had cheese. The cheese went down great, then at lunch, I was able to eat a little more solid food. Same tonight! The Protein bar just wasnt working in the morning for me. I also drank just a little bit of coffee before lunch. It must open it up for me.

Lisa... no i stopped again writing it down! I will try to be better!!!!

Jeanna.. come on in here with us. We sometimes gripe and seem negative but that just goes with

the band. Hopefully you will get support too : )

ok! Great news, today ran in to another texarkana bandster, she has lost soooo much weight. She is three years out now. She told me she would email me soon. She actually had the plateau for 3-4 months and then her weight started going down again. She even had to get some out cause she was losing too much. Whew Whoo! Made me inspired again.She looks like she did in high school. So I guess we can do this too. Of course, I havent given up, just frustrated. She said STAY In THE BOX... LOL.

Edited by tpagern

I'm still doing much better. I've even taken in all my Water today! It's been months since I could do that! Maybe that's an indication of being too tight too???? Anybody know if it is? The water would go down, but I just couldn't take in all that we're supposed to because it took so long to go down.

Finally, the scales start moving in my favor. Memorial weekend was a killer for me! I'm going on vacation July 23rd, and I'm going to try and lose 21 lbs before then so I'll be under 300 lbs (don't remember when the last time THAT happened). I do have another fill scheduled for June 19th, so that'll help. Stay focused, everybody!

Hi yall! I went to see the Docs Monday and got in trouble. If you think you are too tight, don't wait. Go and get some out. I had a slight unfill and I feel so much better. I can actually eat things that are good for me now. lol Oh, I gained two pounds, but I figure that was because of TOM! Man, I hate that!

I'm sorry I haven't posted the last few days. MY HOUSE IS HERE!!!!! It got here last Saturday. I am so glad and have been so busy, I just haven't stopped. I started to change my appointment monday, but decided I had better go on in. Glad I did! I sure don't want that kind of trouble anymore.

The little man made the All-Stars, so here we go with another round of baseball. lol Glad I don't have to keep books this time! Now I can enjoy the game. I guess I will be keeping books in my head. lol

Yall take care, will post later. Drink your Water, it's getting hot and you need it more than ever now! Stay in your box!

lisa

man, this band is hard to figure out, I am too tight now. I thought it was just swelling again when i ate too fast or something. I guess I will go in for a little bitty unfil. I dont like being tooooo tight to eat good stuff either lisa. I lost a couple of pounds that i had gained before this last fill. Wish there was a way to band my head. Live and learn I guess. So. here i go again in to get some out. How are you doing now Lisa ??

uuuugggg my ac is out and i am waiting for a repairman to replace the unit uuuugggg$$$$$$!!!!!!!

i couldnt stand the ac to be out! Poor thing. I decided not to get a unfill this week. I thought I was too tight. Now I am not sure. I feel like naming my band a crazy name since it is crazy tight and then okay. I wish I knew if I have stretched the pouch? Anyone done that or know how it feels ? scales are stuck, I think I will buy a new one.

Teresa, I was like that. Unsure of getting an unfill. If you are unsure, talk to the Doctors. I feel much better now that I got a little took out. But..... I have to watch myself. I went so long being tight that I think I can eat the house down now. I have to be really careful and not over do it. I have to tell myself slow down, eat slowly. Don't over do. BUT the good news is, I don't hurt when I eat anymore. Yay!!

Susan, sorry bout the a/c. Yuck! that couldn't have came at a worse time with all the humidity. Have they came yet? Man, I wish I had some cool air I could send over there.

Yall stay in your box and remember to drink your Water since it's hot.

lisa

Yall. I'm really getting down about this thing this morning. Got on the scales and have gained 2 MORE pounds. This is getting old. Really old. I know I'm getting enough exercise. I worked my tail off this weekend laying Water lines and electrical conduit to the new house. I was so tired, I couldn't lift a finger when we got thru and we didn't even get the trenches covered up. That was monday's job along with mowing both yards. I KNOW I'm getting the exercise. And I don't have time to snack between meals, so that is not a problem. I'm drinking my Water like I'm supposed to. Don't have a choice when you are working in million degree weather. So...... what am I supposed to do now? I'm staying in my box, drinking my water, exercising like I'm supposed to and gaining weight! This is not funny anymore. I want to get the rest of my weight off and the harder I try, the bigger I get! Sorry for the frustration this morning! I'll shut up now.

Hope everyone has a great day. :tongue2:

lisa

hang in there lisa one day you step on the wicked on scales and have a pleasant suprise you know sometimes it takes a while for the weight lose to show up on the scales!!!!

Yeah, but Good Grief, I'm just a little discouraged today. It's getting old. I've been stuck in this place for 3 or 4 months! You would think with all the stuff I have been doing lately, I would be skinny as a rail. I have tried my best to do what I'm supposed to be doing and I'm not getting anywhere. Maybe, if I start over with the liquid diet it would get me started again. I really want to get the rest of this off!!! :thumbs_up:

Sorry for being such a grouch, but this is just depressing!

lisa

it is lisa. i have talked with some other bandsters that got stuck like this as long as 4 months. i am like you, i getting discouraged too but

we cant quit.. the band is still there. i hate that the wedding will be here and people that havent seen me at all will be wondering Is that

all you are going to lose ?

I am struggling too, eat more, eat less ? I have tried both.

How long has been your longest plateau?

Anyone?? We need some encouragment that we REALLY will start losing again for us.

Teresa, you have a few months yet don't ya? I know what you mean about THAT question. I haven't told a lot of people about my band, but everyone that knows, hasn't has that question very many times, but still .... if you know you have more to lose and you can't seem to get it done, it's very discouraging even if THAT question isn't asked. Was that confusing? lol I'm just tired of waiting. I have had my band 18 months and it's been good to be able to lose what I have, but I'm not satisified with the amount I have lost. 30 more would be nice, very nice! That would put me below the goal the doctors set. My own personal goal.

Well guess what I had from the garden last nite..... yep.... fresh tomatoes and cucumbers!!! mmmmmmm I love both of them. Made a pig of myself. I didn't get in much Protein, but I was full. I guess sometimes you have to eat what you want. At least it wasn't a milk shake or ice cream! lol And it was low calorie! That made them taste even better! lol

Susan, did you get your a/c in place? I called the power company (who shall remain nameless, but you know who they are) and it's going to be at least two weeks before they will get power to the house. Then we have to wait for the a/c and septic to be hooked up. I'm just sittin here waiting AGAIN! Nobody works on my schedule! boo-hiss!

Yall have a good day, stay in your box, drink your Water and stay out of the heat! (I'm gonna line my box with tomatoes and cucumbers. lol :lol: )

lisa

lisa you and tp just need to chill!!! here i am at 2 years and still have only lost 60 lbs(and that is on a good day)!!!! just stop and think about where you would have been had you not had the band!!!! i could add at least 30 lbs to my start weight so the way i look at i have lost 90 lbs LOL LOL!!!! tp my whole time has been one plateau after another i go months without losing more than 2-3 lbs but at least i don't gain 4-5!!! you guys remember i am self pay so when you do the math my measley 60 lbs cost me a fortune and i am ask a lot if i would do it again and i think the honest answer is no, but it is done and i am trying to make the best of it!! i guess i went in to this really stupid because i lot loosing would be a lot easier but i got a rude awakening on that!!!! so i guess what i am preaching is hang in there you are losing on the pace that is best for your body and you are not gaining!!!!!

you guys didn't ask for my opinion but i shared it anyway!!! lisa i guess this was our support meeting for the month. hahaha

Thank you Mrs. Hipp! I wondered if anyone remembered the support group meetings. lol It was a good meeting. I enjoyed it. Thanks for coming. See you next month.

Hey, I missed you at Wal Mart's yesterday. It was Thursday, where were you? lol

I guess you are right, Susan. I do need to chill, I guess. I just get in a blue funk every once in a while and need to hear someone tell me to straighten up. Thanks!

ljg