Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Lisa, it was good to see you last night. LouAnn brought her "test tube" to school and believe me she's going to have much fun with it. LOL

Yes, Dennis had the best time. He said "I really enjoyed my(his) mtg last night". Guess he didn't understand I was the one with the band. LOL

The lady on the end had him in stitches.

I think I'll try the test tube thingy. I LOVE the whey Protein. Lisa, thanks so much. I wanted to try it, but I was afraid and I didn't think you'd lead me wrong and you didn't. I shared some with LouAnn this morning.

Okay, for all of you that were not there, we were talking about the lack of magnasium (sp) and LouAnn has something (Health food store) thats called Calm. It has magnasium and it helps with stress. I love the whey with vanilla light milk, yum, yum.

I am going to try and stay in the box, but last night I let it slip that I got out and had ice cream:redface:. Well, it's another day and I'm in the box with my yummy Protein Shake.< /p>

Be blessed

lisa you and lou and glo are naughty!!!! what does the protien drink look like(not taste,but look)!!! i`saw lou last nite and she told me all about yalls meeting monday.

Well..... it looked like a test tube to me, but others kept on messin with me, and got me all embarrassed. Jamie started it. lol The stuff in mine was green. I think Lou's had a bluish tint to it. When I tried it the next mornin, it tasted ok.

lisa

hey, the ones on here with a good restriction, what are you eating? What did you eat today? Just wondering....thanks

I usualy eat Protein Breakfast bar or shake in the morning. Sometimes I have runny oatmeal. lunch is usually a tiny chefboyrdee beeferoni cup or cold cuts and cheese and maybe two crackers. Supper is a small portion of something my family is eating. Since we have a 3 year old, it's usually thin crust pizza, chicken nuggets, Pasta, or chicken and veggies.

NSV I got in the a regular size XL (not a women's size) pants and top today! It didn't look good, but I have NEVER had a misses XL on my body! I also got into a smaller size pants! Still not much progress on the scale, but I guess I really am losing inches. I was also able to run 4 miles at the gym today without slowing and I did 2 miles on the bike! That was a personal best for me. I started out before surgery hardly being able to get out of bed and go to the bathroom without feeling tired and sweating. It's amazing how much better I feel this far along!

Please excuse the typos, y'all know how excited I get when I type!

I also have been taking some of those test tube Protein supplements on the days I go to the gym. I bought mine at joe smoothie's on summerhill and they have 45 grams of protein, I only take half a tube after each workout. That seems to be getting my weight going again.

thanks for the update. It is hard to eat breakfast. The scales have been bad to me lately. I am definitely eating smaller meals, wish i could eat salad. Cant seem to chew it up enough. Way to go on the NSV ! You gotta be dropping pounds soon with that workout. Keep motivating us.

Ok ladies (I don't think I see many "guys" here), I got banded Friday. Very little pain, per se, but the gas pressure was very uncomfortable until post-op day 3. I know that I'll be on liquids for 2-3 more weeks, but honestly it's been a bit of a challenge for me to take in what I should. I seem to have zero appetite (I know it's still pretty early in the process). How far in did it take for y'all to get your appetite back?

Congratulations and welcome Plain!! Most people that lose their appetite have it return in about two weeks. Some sooner, some later, but 2 weeks seems to be the reported average. Try to get in the Protein you need so you want feel so tired. Stay with the post op diet, it helps. I haven't tried these test tube things everyone is talking about yet but I plan to. Sounds like a good source of protein. Hang in there.

Lo2us, Congrats on the NSV, I have a feeling those pounds will start melting off soon. I can't wait to see you again.

I have been pretty the last couple of weeks, and haven't been on here much. Got some catching up to do. Gotta go but HI to everybody and I'll post more later.

Hang in there plain. You'll be feeling pretty good by the end of the week! Honestly, I haven't felt the same type of hungry since I've had my band. I get hungry occasionally, but it's something I can ignore...not like the FEED ME feeling I had before surgery. I guess, for me, the commercials got the "tame your huger" part right!

Congrats, Plain. I never "lost" my appetite. Just misplaced it a couple of days. Yours will return. Just a matter of time.

How's everyone else? Now, I tried the Body fortress Protein Powder. Vanilla. It's not bad. I think I will stick to that for a while. My hair is coming out by the handfulls, so that is a real good indicator that my Protein intake is NOT sufficent. I kinda squeak when I walk when it comes to spending money for some things and I have been squeaking about the protein things. I just can't turn lose of that kind of money for that stuff. But I bit the bullet Thursday and bought the protein powder that I mentioned above. I'm only drinking one serving per day. I'm afraid of gaining weight with it.

Sorry for not posting in a while. I got this mail from lapbandtalk saying that I needed to post. Yall ever get that when you don't post for a while?

Talk to yall later. I have been so busy lately, that I haven't had time to check my e-mail, much less post, so yall don't think I've quit on ya.

I know you haven't heard it in a while so...... STAY IN THE BOX!!!! :laugh:

lisa

I'm kindda down on the whole gym thing. I'm still not seeing much difference on the scale. I go for a fill on Thursday and I'm going to ask Dr. H to be a little more aggressive. This fill was comfortable, but only lasted a coupld of weeks. I hope he can give me some explanation as to why working out so hard and at least 4 days a week or more isn't working. The only difference I can truly tell is that my physical endurance is going up. My only guess is that I'm not getting enough Water. I will up that some this week and see what happens! :laugh:

YEA!!!! LISA!!!!!!!! Way to go on the overweight instead of obese! There is hope for us all!!! I think you told me you started out slow, up til about 9 months, right? I am a member of the slow loser club. I don't always make good food choices and I am having to work on that. Very hard for me, but getting better.

Lo2us, hang in there. I know it is frustrating when things aren't moving. Been there. But you know the exercise is a good thing. Maybe he will cut you back to three times a week for the gym and then try walking on that fourth day at home. I don't know how you do all that with a 3 year old, husband, and a full time job. You are ENERGETIC!! I admire you!

Plain, how's it going? Getting plenty of Protein? Once you get through the post-op diet things will be a lot better. Got any questions? Ask away, we are here to help in any way we can.