Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Sugarbear, I think after the first year, you only have to go every three months, and after that year then you go once a year.

I have an appointment next monday. I'm kinda wondering if I need a fill or not.

Box, Box, box!

hello everyone. Hope all are well. One of my band-friends, that has lost 100 lbs, is now pregnant. Sooooo she has been un filled 80% and goes back in 6 mo. to get the rest out. Her bandiversary was the 28th of Dec. The other friend that has the slipped band goes back tomorrow to see if it has gone back in place or not. I sure hope so. I am doing fine, think I am slow losing, but sure. Take care all.

I'm going to check out St. Michael's gym today. I think it only costs $40/month and you don't have to pay extra to take their classes. Since Dr. K told me that if I would start weight lifting and body sculpting I probably wouldn't need p/s, I thought I'd try it out since this gym offers body sculpting classes I can fit in and yoga. They also have child care if I need it too! I feel like I might can be active again!:P

Lo2us, let me know about the gym and those body sculpting classes. Bye the way, my friends band went back in place and she got a fill and also her port had gotton out of place and they slipped it back in place. So I guess everything is okay with her.

St. Micahel's gym sounds really good. I'm going to join next week. You can get tot their schedule of classes and prices on the hospital website and then clicking where it says "here" on the Fitness Center page the website takes it to. If you can find it, let me know and I will post it on here for you. I like that they are open late too.

hey yall! How's everyone?

Sorry, I haven't posted much this week. Busy..... you know how it is.

I have an appointment monday. I don't think I need a fill yet. Still pretty tight. I have lost those pesky few pounds that I gained during Christmas, so, I guess I'm ok. I have to admit I have been very lax in the exercise department lately. I just can't seem to get it into my schedule. I can't work out at night. If I do, I can't sleep. lol Mornings are hectic as any normal morning for anyone, so..... they won't let me walk to the main office from where I work, so..... I guess I will have to get up earlier. I don't really want to do that..... I get up at 4:30 anyway. Who in their right mind would get up a 4AM to exercise? It takes me at least 30 minutes to wake up. lol Oh well, I'll figure out something.

Yall have a great weekend and remember the box!

lisa

SInce the gym is open sorta late and on Saturdays and SUndays, I'll be getting my cardio/yoga/bodysculpting in then. I have a friend who is going to split a persoanl trainer with me to have he/she show us how to tighten our skin.

oh yeah! If you all are looking at gyms, I found out today that my insurance will finally help me with something on this journey, they're going to pay for a little on my membership. It no $15000 that I paid out of my pocket, but it's better than nothing. I guess I'll have to stay a member of the gym for like...hmmm...300 years to get my money back!

Lo2us. thanks for the info about the gym ect. The Texarkana meeting is Mon. night 7:00 Wadley. Just a reminder to all those interested. I plan on being there.

Lisa, only 32 lbs. to go and Susan only 26 lbs. to go. I dream of that time for me. And look at Lo2us, 71 lbs gone! WOW! 75 pound pin, comming up!! All of you really keep me going. I may be slow but I will be successful. Thanks everyone.

HEY, I hope to be there at the next meeting tomorrow night. I am on call. I am sooo tight but i am doing okay. I cant eat much at all. My internet is out had to go back to dial up this weekend. Hopefully will get it fixed next week. I cant seem to get my ticker fixed. Watching the cowboys... they better win this game !!!

What happened Teresa!! They lost!!!??? Too much vacation before the biggest game of the season!!!!

I have lost three post trying to put in icons. Just going to subit this one.

I'll be there tonight, but I'll be coming from the gym...hopefully WITH a shower!

I was very upset when they lost !!! *#)$*%&*_#!!!

Meeting was good tonight. I got there late. I am struggling with more than a bite or two. I drank cold Water and it came right back up. I cant drink anything cold. I am starting to really like hot tea etc. I am feeling fine, just want to eat more food and the band stops me. I am adjusting okay though, but the people around me are starting to worry when I can only eat a few bites. I will watch it for another week and see what happens. I gotta get the next two pounds off so i can start my next goal of 75. Box box box... I know !

Hi everyone!

I was wondering can anyone tell me what the pre-op diet is for Dr. H and Dr. K in Texarkana? Is it 1 week or 2 weeks? What does it consist of? Sorry to be repetitive, I read the post earlier, but I can't find it again (I guess I am a little challenged figuring out how to navigate around these forums sometimes.) :smile:

It sounds like many of you have had great success with the band.

Also, do you Texarkana Bandsters all ever meet up with each other? I know there are meetings people can attend, but do you all ever meet up outside of the meetings? Are those meetings required?

Also, I have questions about the post-op diet Drs. H & K order? Clear Liquids is like just Water, whereas liquids in general can be anything pureed right? Just trying to get a feel for what is typical.

Sorry to bombard everyone, I am just full of questions. Since I will be a cash patient, it may be even a year or more before I can have the surgery. It seems like such a waste of time to wait, maybe I just am impatient??!!

Sorry if I am rambling here, my emotions have just been really getting at me lately! :eek: I just really want this to happen for me, and I am sad because it seems so far away, or even impossible that I can get this done. I have already prayed and asked God for a way for this to happen, I don't know why it wouldn't be in his will for me. I am praying for hope, because I know that nothing is impossible for God. Even this!

Anyway, thanks for reading everyone. I appreciate it.

~M~