Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Good morning everyone,

Yes, I remembered it was the 2nd Monday but, I have my granddaughters here from Baton Rouge (no power and school is out) so I could not make it. Lisa, I'm glad that you are okay, who are we going to have to keep us in the box. LOL

Hippmom, did you go to the mtg? I know it was good. Congratulations on the weight loss:thumbup:. Brag if you want to, cause I did when I finally made it.:biggrin: Happy, happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all. I went to the mtg last night. It was a good meeting. A bandster talked about his weightloss journey. I believe his weight loss was 107 (I think) since last March. Sounds like too much in that short a period of time but I believe that is what they said. He made the decision to be a healthy eater and has certainly done his homework about nutrition. He was very informative. Makes a meal plan and sticks to it. Seemed like a lot of trouble but he said once you do it for a while you get very quick at it and it is just second nature. He also keeps a strict journal. He just made up his mind to follow the band rules and as done fantastic. The planning ahead for what you are going to eat seems to be very successful. Some that do the same that were a the meeting said that is what they attributed their success to also. He gave lots of Protein food tips, ect. Like I said, he was very knowledgeable. Deb drew for prizes, I won some wrist/ankle weights! Woohoo!!

Hippmom, look at you go! You are right about PATIENTS!! Which few of us have. Which is understandable. We make a big decision to do this and we want mega results....and soon. Some get mega results soon...BUT most do not. Some good, some aversge and some slow. But if we stick to the rules, the results can and will happen. Admit it, some of us are more dilligent than others. Just keep working with the band. Good luck. Oh, thought I'd throw this in for Lisa....Stay in the BOX!:biggrin:

thanks sugarbear. I forgot about he meeting ! I got a little fill but I cant even tell he did it. Maybe it will kick in soon. Usually I know right away. Oh well... gotta keep trying dont I.

HELLO EVERYONE!!

I have really missed this site. I work on a computer all day and don't want to get on the one at home at all! Work had this blocked for some reason or another and we are just now able to get back in.

I have finally hit the 40 lb loss, but it has taken me a year to do it! My own fault,I LIKE Chocolate!!!

Sounds like I missed a really good meeting Monday.

I just made my reservations for the lapband conference in Irving coming up Oct.3. It sounds like the perfect motivation that I desperately need. A plus for me is my husband is going, he has a Dr. appt @ Baylor that same weekend, so it's worked out perfect for us.

I am really looking forward to going, hope some of you can come as well.

Later,:thumbup:

Hi NewJulie. Guess I missed the thing about the conference? What's that all about? Fill me in. I wasn't online much this summer and missed quite a bit. Glad you are back online.

Teresa, you just hang in there, you know some of us are slower. We are at about the same loss speed, I'm slower than you. I also have more to lose than you. I am going to make a consious effort to make beter food choices. I think the planning ahead will help tremdously. We just have to take the time for ourselves to do that. Planning ahead will probably save us time in the long run. Seems like we all live that run, run, run, life. If we took the time and courage to research this weight loss option and then did it, we owe ourselves the time to do it right. So....lets go everyone.....try harder! And as Lisa would say...."Stay in the box!"

My Box has fell apart. I can't even tell I have a band anymore. This is not a fun thing yall. I haven't posted because I have been so discouraged that I didn't want to bring everyone down. I'm really glad everyone is doing so well. Yall stay in your boxes, cause it's not fun on the outside of one. I so wish they would start support group meetings back in Mt. Pleasant.

Well, yall have heard enough of the "dark side". Belive me, stay in your boxes and don't look out. It's not fun out here.

lisa

Lisa~

I stayed off partly because I too, just could not get back in that box! I can't make every meeting they have in Texarkana, because they just throw me too late getting home at night. I have chores to do and have to get up at 4, but I try to at least look around on the lapband sites and I can get motivated again just knowing that I'm not all alone in this. I haven't lost like I wanted to, but I'm happy for the lbs that are now gone. I'm a grazer from years of yo-yo dieting, and of course I want my chocolate. Slowly, I am beginning to realize that what I want to look like at Christmas, and next summer isn't going to happen if I don't put that "one more bite" down. Kick that "little box" outta the way and climb in this BIGGER BOX, where you got room to move :biggrin:

stupid box

you can't stay in the box if you are not at your sweet spot!!!! if we could we wouldn't need the band!!!!

NewJewlie have you ever gone to this National Lapband Conference before? Has anyone? Sounds like a good thing. Is it located in Dallas or is it Irving? Oh and is the conference itself located at the hotel Wyndam, or do you have to travel to it? For anybody thinking about going, reservations have to be made by Fri. the 12th at the Wyndam, otherwise I guess you could stay somewhere else. The Wyndam rates are good til Fri.Have the drs. said anything bout this conference? Looks like they might have broadcast out an email to everyone.

Lo2us missed you at the meeting.:cool2: Hope you are doing okay. Still working out? I know this is your busy time with all the extra activities at school.

Lisa come on, don't be so hard on yourself. We all falter. Pull up those britches, build you a new box, yours was worn out anyway, and start over tomorrow. It's a brand new day. Come on cheer up. Whers that Lisa we all know and LOVE?!:) Now there's your hug. :sad:

Thanks, I needed a hug. lol I lost my hammer in the move and haven't been able to find it. I guess I can go out to my Dad's shop, use his welding machine and make a steel box. Maybe I just need a concrete box. lol

I know I need something.

Yall take cover..... Ike is on his way!

C-yall later.

Lisa

Hi everyone. Went to see Dr. H today. Didn't get a fill. I decided to stay where I was and try to do better on MY part. Only lost a pound, BUT, didn't gain and it's one more lb I won't have to see again. Mentioned the 2008 Lapband conference to Dr, H, he said they couldn't go but agreed it might be fun and interesting. This is something new. Thinking about going, anybodyelse. I think reservations have to be made at the Wyndam tomorrow to get the discounted price. I go back in 8 weeks, I may be ready for a fill then. But I am eating better, and much better in the PBing department.

Lisa you are so good at the box thing, I think you and that new box will be clicking in no time. :sad:

Morning everyone,

Lisa, I'm glad that you are building another box:smile:. Come on back, we need a cheerleader. LOL

Like Sugrbear said pull those britches up (we all might have to if we get the rain from IKE :)) and climb back into the box.

I heard about the mtg from another thread but, I know that I won't be going because of time and money. So NewJulie if you go, please give us a brief summary if you don't mind.

Everyone stay in the box and get a umbrella and boots.

has anyone gone in for a fill and come our with noooo restriction???I called yesterday to the office, no response yet.