Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

we will get there! I havent lost any in weeks now but 12 down is better than 20 up ! Wish it wasnt so dang hard to not want to EAT.... I would love a no calorie snack to to eat LOL. We should receive support no matter what at the dr's... they knew we were not perfect at the beginning of this.

Good Morning Friends,

I agree tpagern,,,this is definitely more of a head game than anything else. Breaking old habits is really a challenge. I know it can be overcome, we just have to old on to that image we want so badly. When I was younger, 20's & 30's, wt fell off rather easy, but now I can just think about food and gain wt. I have lately finally realized that the band being referred to as a tool is more than just words. I've been eating healthy foods, but because I enjoyed them so much, I'd drink with my meals so I could eat more. Which is self defeating. To put things more into perspective, Betty said each meal, 3 times a day, was to be no larger in serving size than the palm of my hand. Last night I discovered that a wide mouth fruit jar lid is the same size. That is not very big at all, but for the first time I finally realized just how much I have been taking in. I hate counting calories, so I'd just eat a little of this or that, but Condiments really add up and I was snacking on 5 to 8 marshmallows because they were fat free, turns out just 4 have 100 calories.

Mindless eating for me has ended as of this past Monday, and no more tea with meals.

WHERE IS EVERYONE?

I'M STILL CHECKING IN EVERY DAY EXCEPT FOR WEEKENDS.

IT'S PART OF MY COMMITTMENT TO BE ACCOUNTABLE AND CONTINUE THIS JOURNEY SUCCESSFULLY.

I'VE BEEN DOING THE SLIM FAST THING FOR 5 DAYS NOW, TRYING TO GET A RESTART. HASN'T BEEN EASY. LAST NIGHT, I PUT A 1/2 C. OF ICECREAM IN THE SLIM FAST AND BLENDED IT IN WITH A SCOOP OF whey. I'M GOING TO TRY TO CONTINUE ON THRU NEXT WEEK AS WELL.

MY THINKING IS THAT I TOLD MYSELF IF I COULDN'T DO THE SLIM FAST THING FOR TWO WEEKS BEFORE I HAD THE PROCEDURE DONE, THEN I WOULDNT BE SUCCESSFUL WITH THE BAND BECAUSE I HAD NO CONTROL. INSTEAD food CONTROLLED ME. BUT NOW I AM RECLAIMING MY GOAL.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU OVER THIS MEMORIAL WEEKEND, STAY SAFE & GOD BLESS:thumbup:

I havent been on in a while she and I were supposed to get banded close to the same time and i was preg when i went to pre op at 42 lol lo2us you prolly remember me. I never got my band my son is 18 mo old now im thinking of getting the sleeve

donna

Hello All. Hi Blondylocks! Forever we wondered about you and how things went with the birth of your baby. Lisa and I discussed it several times. You would have to read back a million posts to see. I haven't been on here in quite a while. I got a friend request from you and was glad to hear from you. How's mother-hood? Plan on anymore? Don't know much about the sleeve? You will have to let us know about it. I am still toodleing along slowly with my band but still glad I made that choice. I just need to be more didigent and faithful to my band. I don't always use my tool as I should, sorry to say. But for the most part I try to stay with it. I am a little over 2 yrs out now. Where and who would do your sleeve? I am curious if you don't mind me asking.

Hello Julie. How are you and how is your husband? I need to go back a few pages to get caught up on everyone. Things have been crazy around here for the last 8 or 9 months. I think they are getting more back to normal, whatever that is.

Hi Teresa, too.

Excuse the double post. I have been reading back, catching up. Yes, it is easy to get down about our weight. The success of the band does depend totally on us. I believe most of us were grasping for anything that seem like a magic bullet to help us lose the weight. There isn't one... if that was the case we would all look like beanpoles in no time. There would not be obesity problems..anywhere... We have a tool in our possession to use or ..not. We are only human and we all fall short of expectations...our own, and or others. So don't beat yourself up....too much. Tomorrow is a new day, cinch up those britches, and start over. Recomit to yourself. If that means doing the pre-op diet over again then...so be it. I said I would NEVER drink another slimefast! But..I did it for two weeks a couple of months ago. I was not quite as strict. I did it for Breakfast and lunch and then ate a small light supper. (not the small salad only). I lost about 10 pounds. I am going to do that again soon. It felt pretty good when it was over, and I knew the regiment of recommitting would hep my mindset. We have had weight problems and bad habits for years, more than a couple for the most of us. So even though I am two years out, I still feel like I am going to lose the weight. Not quickly like some but I still think with the help of this tool I can do it. So hang in there. We just have to use it wisely.

I think we expect to have all out weight lost in the 1st year. I'm giving myself 5 years to get rid of it. Everything I've read says we will lose about 80% of out extra weight by then. I'm celebrating a small NSV, I was able to wear just about anything in a "normal" size store for the first time in my life, granted it was their largest size, but it was no nice, not to HAVE to go to the dat girl store!

here's another thought...I started out needing to lose 173lbs, I thought that sounded impossible. I can't believe I'm halfway finished. 86lbs to lose is still a lot, but it sounds a heck of a lot better than 173!

l2

i know what you mean about normal size aint it great i thought i would never get to shop at any store but the fat lady store and now i can get clothes anywhere the most exciting was buying jeans at the GAP unbelievable!!!.

never give up and get those fills is my advice, i am almost 3 years out and only 4-5 lbs more and my BMI will be in the normal range NOT overweight or obese, i started out morid obese!!! YAY my total loss is 90lbs the last 10 or so i can see a difference, it is hard for me to see what i look like, the other day i saw my body's reflection in a window and i really saw the difference in me for the first time!!

this has been a hard journey but it is worth it all, my son got married in march and i am not the biggest person in the pictures that is such a good feeling!!!

one more nsv my husband and i weight the same i just wish my 180 looked as good as his 180!!!

i am in no way bragging about this just wanted to share with you all that it is possible. i am never hungry, have finally learned that you don't have to eat a but load of stuff to survive, i am very tight but havent had to have a fill in over a year.

so if this slow turtle can do it you all can too.

lo2us, Yea!!! your amount to lose is less than what you have already lost!! You are certainly past the half-way mark!! And hippmom, look at you! 15 pounds BELOW yoiur target weight!! OMG!!! How wonderful!!!! Now see....We need to be proud of our accomplishments, even if they aren't as far and as fast as others. Don't dwell on what hasn't happened...Dwell on what has. Negatives hold you back. Just use those for for examples of what not to do....then push the positives to the front of your mind and use those examples instead. Try not to backslide...but if you do....quickly, start over. I think lo2us is right about the time it takes to lose the weight. Especially doing it safe and without starving yourself. Other than one time, (when I had to have a great amount taken out of my band) I never have gained a significant amount of pounds back. Never in the past when I dieted and lost big pounds did I ever keep them off. They always crept back...and then some. Keeping it off is a feat for me in a big way. Hippmom, go ahead and BRAG. This is one place that you can do that and it is appreciated. Ya'lls accomplishments just makes me feel better about getting banded. Just shows how successful I can be and others if we "follow the rules."

Aligma..Congrats! Twins! Is this your first children? I have a friend who got preg after being banded. She had just hit the 100 lb mark. About a month after she had the baby she was 12 pounds less than when she got preg! They took out some at one point and then took out some more later on. She was healthy, the baby was healthy, and she gained about 10 to 12 pounds durring pregnancy. The last 3 0r 4 pounds was in the last 2 weeks. Keep us posted along the way.

Yeah it been a while; so are you all having success with your bands ? Would yall do it again? About the pregnancy ,it was a bad one but a beautiful result as you can see in my avitar that is Mr Austen Michael my lil miracle!!. He was 7 weeks premature

had esophogeal atresia, duodenal atresia and an imperforate anus! Too make a long story short his esophogus wasn't joined to his stomach at birth, a place in his small intestine wasnt connected,and his lil anus didnt have an opening . He had an ostomy for the first 6 mo . It hasnt been an easy 2 years but with Gods' blessing and 5 major surgeries he is all fixed and fine now!!! Now it time to work on mommy! Problem is , I dont know what i wanna do now as far as wls goes, Norwood at WK in shreveport is running a special on the lap band for 9000 the months of may and june09 , so if anyone is intrested, that still ore than i have i'm really considering the sleeve but will be a while befor i can come up with that kinda money. but it will prolly be at willis knighton in shreveport.

I ended up using all my lap band money first time for surgery and being off while Austen was having all his surgeries!! So sugarbear how much have you lost i bet it is hard to adjust!! Well gotta run bathe Austen catch up soon

Donna:smile2:

Blondy, I've had a lot of trouble from my band, but I am positive it was the right decision. The first year, I was way tight with few fills, and very uncomfortable, but found out last summer I had gastritis and started prilosec and it fixed everything. I still can only tolerate a tiny fill, but I don't hurt like I did and I know what I'm doing now that I feel normal with my band. I have never lost this much weight before in my life. Even on phen phen I lost only 75lbs and gained that back plus about 40 more. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I felt good. I have to admit that I haven't been to the gym in a couple of months, but last summer I was able to run (yes run!) on an elliptical machine 7 miles in 45 minutes. Considering a year before that it took me 45 mins to walk 1/2 mile and I was killed when I finished. I can play with my son and chase him now too. Not to mention it felt soooooo good when he was able to get his little arms around my waist the first time. So yes, it's all been worth it. My quality of life is much better...even if something terrible happens and I have to lose this band....I've had two great years!

Blondy, I have lost about 67 to 70 lbs. I am a slow loser. I know many that lost that and more their first year. I would still do it again. I was to chicken for gastric bypass. I have seen good results and not so good results with that. What is the difference in having the sleeve done? I am not familiar with that. I have heard of some doing it. At the time I felt like the band was the safer thing for me to do. Still do. I have heard of some removing the band and going to something else. I think I'll stay with it. My sister-in-law got the band in Sept. and has done marvelous with it. No problems whatsoever.

Well Hello Sugarbear! :eek: So glad to see you back on here. For a while, everbody just disappeared on here?!

My hubby is still not well, still home, not working. He's going to try to go out this week, but freight is very slow and not paying much. Don't know what's going to happen there.

I stuck with my slimfast all last week, then over this weekend, I did eat a little for dinner, but started the mornings with slim fast. I've been stretching and doing a few floor exercises. I'm trying!

Everyones comments over the weekend have got me motivated to keep trying.

I am in the process of weaning myself off of hormone therapy. I've been on it for 28 years. Don't really see the need to get off of it, but the Dr.'s all say I should.

When I get off of it totally, I won't be taking anything but a happy pill everyday!

Since being on the slim fast for the past week, I feel more energetic and light.

Everyone keep up the good work!!:smile: