Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I was also sleeved on 2/19 and I am getting in my Proteins and was doing fine with Water until a few days ago. I wait an hour after eating proteins but feel a little queasy trying to get in my water. I am down 38lbs but have only lost 4 lbs in the last two weeks and feeling discouraged. I was doing fine with everything until I saw the numbers on the scale. I was a foodie before surgery, and now I don't care what or if I eat. I am in phase three on softs but have had such difficulties eating, I have gone back to liquids. Any suggestions on how to break this?

My surgery date was 2/27. I've lost 36 pounds, but I'm still in my ore surgery clothes. They are a little loose but they still fit. When do I get to start wearing smaller jeans?

I was also sleeved on 2/19 and I am getting in my Proteins and was doing fine with Water until a few days ago. I wait an hour after eating proteins but feel a little queasy trying to get in my water. I am down 38lbs but have only lost 4 lbs in the last two weeks and feeling discouraged. I was doing fine with everything until I saw the numbers on the scale. I was a foodie before surgery' date=' and now I don't care what or if I eat. I am in phase three on softs but have had such difficulties eating, I have gone back to liquids. Any suggestions on how to break this?[/quote']

The past 3 weeks my scale has been stingy with me going up n down the same #, but this morning it was kinda nice. As far as ur eating, maybe try different things. U just might not be tolerating the stuff your trying. Its not going to be easy, just trial and error. Make sure u take ur time and chew good and that ur not consuming too much at one time. Good luck!

My surgery date was 2/27. I've lost 36 pounds' date=' but I'm still in my ore surgery clothes. They are a little loose but they still fit. When do I get to start wearing smaller jeans?[/quote']

I dont know, I am having the same issue. I am at 175 lbs. and at this weight I could fit into a size 12/14 and now I am still at a 16. I guess we just have to be patient!

Thank you for your response Lady. I have been eating seafood and other sorts but it takes me so long to finish. I have tried turkey burgers which I chew and chew and it still get stuck. I tried hash and an egg, the egg went down but the hash did not. I eat slowly and chew until there is nothing left. I have gotten so tired of eating and seeing not much change. I have become so discouraged, that I have gone back to my pre and stage 1 diet to see if that helps move the dial. My wife is telling me to go back to my stage 3 diet, but I am just beaten down. My brother in law had a gastric bypass 5 weeks before me and has lost 65 lbs. I keep wondering what is wrong with me

post-23216-13813664284885_thumb.jpg

Sleeved 2/6: down 5 pounds pre and 32 post.

I'm having a hard time drinking enough Water during the day as well as getting enough Protein. It's almost like I have an aversion to Proteins right now.

I bought through Groupon something called Protein Shots "Protein to Go." Since I can't finish regular Protein Shakes these seem ideal. They're only 2.5 ounces with 28 grams of protein. So I'm hoping even if they're not tasty I can handle 2 ounces. They've been shipped - hopefully will arrive soon. I'll let you know...

Walmart has 3 oz Liquid Protein @ 42 grams. Not exactly delicious but gets the job done. Found orange and Green apple flavor online.

Walmart has 3 oz liquid Protein @ 42 grams. Not exactly delicious but gets the job done. Found orange and Green apple flavor online.

I noticed online that Walgreens carries the Protein to Go online, and might possibly in the store. Please let us know your thoughts on the Protein to go when you get yours. I'm having the same problem. I had no problems getting in the protein up until this last week, and now it's like food doesn't like me at all and I'm nowhere near getting enough protein in. It's all I can do to get the liquids in. I'm almost 6 weeks out from surgery, and this problem is frustrating! I don't want to be weak from lack of protein, or dehydrated!

2/18 here and I've been experiencing the same thing... I think I am eating too quickly and not chewing well enough. I've been like normal only can't eat as much. Also back on victoza and that's a lot of my nausea too. Hitting the zofran hard. . Worried about Water and Protein being this queasy... Hard to get down

This was happening to me and I went to ER... Was admitted for 4 days. IV fluids, X-ray, ct scan and upper gi.... All normal. That's good but still have hard time drinking without feeling pain or stuck feeling. Anything I eat makes me nauseous :(

Feeling down, depressed and alone. No one understands when we can't eat cause they can.

This was happening to me and I went to ER... Was admitted for 4 days. IV fluids, X-ray, ct scan and upper gi.... All normal. That's good but still have hard time drinking without feeling pain or stuck feeling. Anything I eat makes me nauseous :(

Feeling down, depressed and alone. No one understands when we can't eat cause they can.

I understand what you're feeling, but remember, you're not alone. We just have to ignore those that can't understand where we are in our goals. I'm having the same issues with drinking, and I know how frustrating it is. Have you tried liquids at different temperatures? Right after I was sleeved, cold liquids worked really well for me. Then suddenly they started giving me and uncomfortable, almost painful feeling. So I went to room temperature liquids, they work ok, but sometimes I still have that uncomfortable feeling. When that happens, I drink something warm. Like broth, or even just warm Water with lemon in it. That seems to work most days, so I kind of alternate between room temp and warm. Has the doctor given you anything for nausea? My surgeon sends his patient home with nausea meds for about 3 months. You might ask your doctor for something.

Don't let this get to you. It will get better. Remember, you're not alone, there's lots of us out here supporting each other. :)

Walmart has 3 oz liquid Protein @ 42 grams. Not exactly delicious but gets the job done. Found orange and Green apple flavor online.

Are you talking about the Protein Shots? You'll end up dumping most of that throw away protein in the toilet during your next bowel movement. Quality protein it certainly is not.

Starting soft foods, and excited about it. scale has been slow to move here recently, but inches are coming off, so either way, progress is being made.

I stopped drinking coffee before my surgery. I've got a bad cold & have been taking NyQuil at night & DayQuil in the daytime.

I screwed up this morning & woke up & took NyQuil. I had to drive, so I had a couple of cups of regular coffee. I hope it's not going to hurt me. I was thinking that the reason they don't want us drinking coffee was because it depleted your Iron levels. I'm thinking that a couple of cups won't hurt me today.

Any thoughts?

I think the issues with coffee have to do with the acid content irritating the stomach, and with caffeine being an appetite stimulant.

I stopped drinking coffee before my surgery. I've got a bad cold & have been taking NyQuil at night & DayQuil in the daytime.

I screwed up this morning & woke up & took NyQuil. I had to drive' date=' so I had a couple of cups of regular coffee. I hope it's not going to hurt me. I was thinking that the reason they don't want us drinking coffee was because it depleted your Iron levels. I'm thinking that a couple of cups won't hurt me today.

Any thoughts?[/quote']

Just drink LOTS of Water today. I was told the issue with caffeine is it dehydrates you-- you have to drink 2-3 times the amount of h20 just to make up for the amount of caffeine you drink. Especially right now, when our intake is limited. So drink, drink, drink that water today and I'm sure you'll be good;)

Just drink LOTS of Water today. I was told the issue with caffeine is it dehydrates you-- you have to drink 2-3 times the amount of h20 just to make up for the amount of caffeine you drink. Especially right now' date=' when our intake is limited. So drink, drink, drink that water today and I'm sure you'll be good;)[/quote']

My doc said to stay away from caffeine and alcohol for 6 months after surgery because we're at higher risk for stomach ulcers. Drinking lots of water is a good suggestion to counteract the caffeine