Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I had blood clots travel to my lungs last October after a lung lobectomy. I was also going through chemotherapy which can also contribute to clots. It got to the point that my calf was hurting pretty bad but because my leg was not warm everyone/doctors included said it was nothing. I going very short of breath one day and I am very lucky to live to tell the tale. I had an IVC filter put in before my sleeve on the Feb 18th and have done very well. My heart's breaks for his family.

You don't have to have all the symptoms at a time. You are very lucky, it is very dangerous.

You don't have to have all the symptoms at a time. You are very lucky' date=' it is very dangerous.[/quote']

Trust me, I thank God everyday. My mother died from that very thing not so long ago. I spent 8 days in the hospital. I was really surprised I was allowed to have the sleeve so soon after.

Hey, I was sleeved on the 6th of febuary. At first I wondered if I made a huge mistake but I know realize that it just took strength to overcome. The week before surgury I weighed 277. 6 weeks later I am weighing in at 235. I feel so happy and encouraged but I'm still getting use to "how to eat" any advice someone whants to give me would be so thankful

We today was the 1st time in 4 weeks I have seen family and they noticed my weight loss. It was exciting to know it was that noticable(I can't see it when I look in the mirror).

On anothet note, I haven't been on here much with returning to work.

I'm sadden at the loss of lifesavermnt(sp). I hope everyone else is well.

I'm on soft foods but I pretty much eat everything. I'm just b taking small bites and chewing chewing chewing. I'm not eating raw veggies, lettuce, bread, Pasta or rice but pretty much everything else. Its going well. My incisions are not sore any longer and hitting gym 3 times a week this week.

I was sleeved 17 days ago.i was a revision

due to a lap band that had eroded into my stomach. I had it removed 2 months prior to surgery and then had the sleeve.

I am on soft foods and really have no appetite . Still having problems getting In enough fluids. My main problem is that I am very tired. Does anyone else have the fatigue problem this time out. I am getting in about 55 to 60 grams of Protein Thanks

JeAlous! I am still on full liquids.... But have cheated and eaten 1 hot dog link, crescent roll and yesterday had pei Wei wanton Soup and nursed the lettuce wrap appetizer for lunch and dinner...just the filling...

One thing the PA told me to be careful about until at least a few months out is skin on something like a hot dog. I'm a vegetarian and she told me to even check for it on veggie dogs. Apparently it can get stuck in your staple line or cause other problems.

One thing the PA told me to be careful about until at least a few months out is skin on something like a hot dog. I'm a vegetarian and she told me to even check for it on veggie dogs. Apparently it can get stuck in your staple line or cause other problems.

Good to know...won't be doing that again for a while....I am feeling fine...I assume I would be in pain or some thing would be off if it caused some damage... I am always worried about that but hopefully there would be some indication if there was something wrong :(

I sometimes take tiny sips 10 minutes or so after eating. I agree that it feels stuck. I think we all are safe listening to our body. It's like we are all learning a new language. I am learning lessons along the way such as my stomach says no no to ice cream. Sometimes sour cream too. Other than that I just keep listening and learning. It's a frustrating and exciting journey' date=' don't you think?[/quote']

I have Sjogrens Syndrome which causes my mucus membranes to dry up & my mouth is constantly dry. I have to have tiny sips while I eat or the food gets stuck. Even runny Beans & potatoes get stuck. I don't drink before or after but I have to sip during otherwise I choke. Even on tiny end of spoon sized bites.

@montugue what does your daily diet consist of.. congrats,... that's a lot of weight..

I was sleeved 17 days ago.i was a revision

due to a lap band that had eroded into my stomach. I had it removed 2 months prior to surgery and then had the sleeve.

I am on soft foods and really have no appetite . Still having problems getting In enough fluids. My main problem is that I am very tired. Does anyone else have the fatigue problem this time out. I am getting in about 55 to 60 grams of Protein Thanks

Mangomic, I was sleeved 2/28 and am very tired too. I assume its due to the small amt of calories. I am dilligent about getting protein, fluids, Vitamins and Iron.< /p>

This is TMI. I'm sorry. I'm worried and wondering if anyone can offer an idea.

I'm so sick right now and not sure what's going on.

On Friday night, my 3 year old daughter threw up three times in her bed, then on Sat and Sun she had loose stools. She also has a cough and runny nose.

Last night, right before bed, I had diarrhea, and since midnight last night (12 hrs ago) have had it every 30min-1hr. I didn't get any sleep last night because of this. I've gone at least 16 times but lost count. Each time it seems like a lot. I also threw up 3 times. The first time was what looked like spit or foam, and the other two times were dry heaves for several minutes.

I'm so weak and exhausted and thirsty, and my butt freaking hurts. I couldn't keep Water down during the night at all, but just now I finished a glass, which prompted a run to the bathroom again. The thought of food makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Do you think I just caught my daughter's bug, but much worse? Or could this be sleeve related?

Edit: This is the first time anything like this has happened since my surgery. My first time throwing up since then too.

Operated on 15 feb weighing 115kgs.. Current weight 100.6 kgs.. Feels good.. Plus I can eat now.. I had a salad frm subway today and I was able to eat the lettuce and everything.. About half cup.. Feels good! But I'm worried ill gain w8!

Well, daycare called and said there's an outbreak of stomach flu with the kids there. Guess that answers my question. Sorry everyone!

I've lost 4 lbs since yesterday morning thanks to this. :(

This is TMI. I'm sorry. I'm worried and wondering if anyone can offer an idea.

I'm so sick right now and not sure what's going on.

On Friday night' date=' my 3 year old daughter threw up three times in her bed, then on Sat and Sun she had loose stools. She also has a cough and runny nose.

Last night, right before bed, I had diarrhea, and since midnight last night (12 hrs ago) have had it every 30min-1hr. I didn't get any sleep last night because of this. I've gone at least 16 times but lost count. Each time it seems like a lot. I also threw up 3 times. The first time was what looked like spit or foam, and the other two times were dry heaves for several minutes.

I'm so weak and exhausted and thirsty, and my butt freaking hurts. I couldn't keep Water down during the night at all, but just now I finished a glass, which prompted a run to the bathroom again. The thought of food makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Do you think I just caught my daughter's bug, but much worse? Or could this be sleeve related?

Edit: This is the first time anything like this has happened since my surgery. My first time throwing up since then too.[/quote']

Please get thee to your primary Dr. You need to be properly diagnosed and treated.