Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

What are you eating these days?

I was sleeved on 2/28 as well...I'm on here all the time just to make sure what I'm experiencing is normal :) lol

Seems each day is better than the day before. Still having some gas pains, but more than anything, my back muscles hurt...I've been putting the heating pad on my back and ice pack on my stomach, seems to keep the swelling down, but not much other than the liquid lortab helps my back right now :/

Anyone else got a really sore back?

Oh yes, my back was so sore. I couldnt tell if it was because I slept wrong or if it was gas. But I woke up this morning and no back/neck pain. The heating pad wasnt working on my back so I put it on my stomach and I heard the angels sing (relief). I was also sleeved on 2/28 and the stomach pains are not as bad as yesterday. Still hurts a little when I swallow, but I can tell that tomorrow will be even better. Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Was sleeved 2/28. Anyone having trouble sleeping? I'm takings pain meds not really in pain during the night but I can't hardly sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time. Getting frustrated :( But I actually feel better today and am drinking more Protein shakes...finally starting to see the brighter side of things :)

I'm waking up with killer excruciating headaches every morning. I think it's because I'm snoring from laying on my back/side. When was it comfortable for you guys to sleep on your tummy again? I miss it.

its just so frustrating that nothing but walking will help when you are in so much pain..also do you know of something i can take to make me use the bathroom no BM since before surgery date?

Milk of Magnesia helps, but be prepared to be near a toilet at all times. Dont fart or it may end up being a shart.

Oh yes' date=' my back was so sore. I couldnt tell if it was because I slept wrong or if it was gas. But I woke up this morning and no back/neck pain. The heating pad wasnt working on my back so I put it on my stomach and I heard the angels sing (relief). I was also sleeved on 2/28 and the stomach pains are not as bad as yesterday. Still hurts a little when I swallow, but I can tell that tomorrow will be even better. Hang in there. This too shall pass.[/quote']

Was sleeved 2/28 too :) I agree with the back pain. I think that's been my worse pain since surgery. Think I'll try the heating pad today. Didn't know if it was from being on my back so long during surgery or what ??

Janel2013, I know for me the walking helped me with the pain I had in my shoulders. I didn't really walk a whole lot but I would get out each day and get something from the store and I guess that was good for me.

Was sleeved 2/28 too :) I agree with the back pain. I think that's been my worse pain since surgery. Think I'll try the heating pad today. Didn't know if it was from being on my back so long during surgery or what ??

Yes heating pad will be awesome. I usually do 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off. Your gonna wish u tried it long time ago. My heating pad has a automatic shut off, which helps at night so that I dont burn myself while sleeping.< /p>

Watching the documentary "Hungry For Change" on Netflix right now - Wow! I had never heard of this before. No wonder it is so so so hard to stop eating junk. I want to eat real food' date=' not "food-like products".[/quote']

Hey sleeve buddy how r u ?

Feeling alright! Today is the first day I'm starting to feel better and more back to normal. Home alone today, about to take a shower and change the dressing where my drain was. I was down 3 more lbs this morning! How are you doing??

I was sleeved Feb.13 doing good still a bit sore when i get up but im sleeping in bed again instead of he recliner lol ... My wounds are itching so i take it thats healing and im not hungry for the first time in my life lol ...

I was sleeved on feb. 12. Sleeping is sooo hard for me. I switch from my bed to an arm chair several times a night and my back is KILLING me from sleeping on it all night long. Do you sleep on your side yet?

Hi! I just joined today. My operation was 2/25 and I feel pretty good. I hear so many different things about what you can/can't eat, it's confusing. On my last day of Clear Liquids today and am looking forward to next week. Any yummy suggestions?

I was sleeved on feb. 12. sleeping is sooo hard for me. I switch from my bed to an arm chair several times a night and my back is KILLING me from sleeping on it all night long. Do you sleep on your side yet?

Having the same problems with my back. I start in the bed and end up in the recliner to sleep. I'm

a side sleeper so this is hard. I have laid on my side a few times but I splint my stomach with a pillow and that seems to help. Others have mentioned a hearing pad for ur back too. Hope you feel better soon :)

I was sleeved on feb. 12. sleeping is sooo hard for me. I switch from my bed to an arm chair several times a night and my back is KILLING me from sleeping on it all night long. Do you sleep on your side yet?

I was sleeved 2/19 and I struggled with severe back pain even with pain medication. I went to see my massage therapist, it was painful but helped get me feeling better. I have a moist/dry heating pad you heat in microwave and started sleeping on it and my pain is almost completely gone. I used the heating pad several times during the day too. I am sleeping on my side now.

I hope you are better soon.

Hi! I just joined today. My operation was 2/25 and I feel pretty good. I hear so many different things about what you can/can't eat, it's confusing. On my last day of clear liquids today and am looking forward to next week. Any yummy suggestions?

Don't know about yummy, lol. But Think of your stomach like a new born baby's. introduce food 1 at a time see how it works. For me tuna in Water, sugar free pudding/jello, cottage cheese, and mozzarella cheese (string) worked and work very well for me. My only issue has been with yogurt....for whatever reason Yogurt just doesn't work and I've tried 3 times. vanilla soy milk (light) works, 4 oz only a day. Salmon has just entered my diet few days ago....wet....I add water to ground up salmon. ....Just remember chew, chew, chew.