Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I need to quit weighing myself every day..

Yeah so do I, I've been seeing the scale drop a couple lbs each time, then this morning it said I gained 1 lb :(

I am 3 days post op and feeling much better, stronger and alert. I am going to start broth and Protein Shots today as I've been having strict liquids only so far. I just had no hunger which is kinda nice but I know I have to give my body nourishment. I am on clear diet for 1 week then then thicker liquid 1 week and mushy for 2. Not sure when I will start my Vitamins but I've started walking.

Protein shots? I have never heard of any such thing? Do they work? How are they on you?

I did the Peanut Butter thing to but now I'm sick of that flavour too (never thought I'd say that!). The mint could be interesting but to be honest I'm just over the whole sweet thing in its entirety (would be so nice if this is a permanent thing! hahaha).

I'm now pretty much ingesting only savoury/saltier fluids, like chicken noodle Soup broth, beef and veg soup broth......I put some small curd cottage cheese through a food mill and thinned it out with some milk and it kind of tasted like a mild feta (weird I know, but when you're desperate to have anything but something sweet and trying to get some protein as well you get creative!). Also enjoying Tomato Soup and V8 juice in addition to my warm tea and flavoured (diet mix) waters.

I wish I had that problem. If I didn't crave sweets I wouldn't have needed the surgery. But, the craving hasn't been super bad at all since surgery other than once in while it rears it's head and I fix it with a Protein Shake.< /p>

TMI: I dread that my cycle has started. I didn't want to have to exprience that with recovering from surgery so close.

I'm still waiting for mine. It's taking forever. I feel like I'm PMSing 24/7 since I got home. I don't know if it's PMS or just my brain being a brat since I can't eat what it wants or how much it wants so it feels deprived. Damn head hunger.

what I was told specifically by my Dr and his nurse also from the nurses in the pre op room at the hospital you will not want to take any nsaid's like ibuprofen, Motrin, aspirin. NOTHING with aspirin in it. it thins out your blood and can cause issues internally. Please ask your Dr to make sure but that is what ive been told by everyone even on the paperwork I filled out/

I was told by DR and multiple nurses that there is no issues with NSAID after our stomach heals because our stomach will be like a normal stomach, just smaller rather than those who go with bypass or DS. It seems, from my researching various doctors that a lot will just say no NSAID to all patients because it is easier to say that then specifically say this group can have this but this group can't.

I was the same. Now I ONLY do it once a week. Same day I take self photos to see progress

Sleeved 2/20 outpatient op, started clear liquid diet 2/23 and broth, Protein Shakes going well. I plan and look forward to thicker liquid diet starting 2/27. Really giving my stomach time to adjust and heal. Luckily I am not starving and head hunger is manageable. So far. Getting my Protein reqs in and liquids and starting Vitamins is my current focus. Looking forward to each day to come!

Haven't weighed myself yet but will before my Dr apt for post op check tomorrow since I want to know what MY scale says vs theirs

Ok guys I am 5 days post OP and feel blah....I can't get any Protein down and am basically living off of sugar free popsicles at this point. Yesterday I ate 5 SF popsicles and drank maybe 8 oz. of Water which I know is no where near my daily intake goals...I really have no desire to eat or drink....anyone else feel like this...I'm trying not to be discouraged but really am frustrated that I am not getting in what I should be...any advice

So, surgery is Thursday...I woke up this morning, and my little boy crawled into my bed- and suddenly I had this overwhelming terror of something going wrong in surgery. I thought- my God, I don't want to die having an elective surgery. I know the risks are low- but it's still surgery. I'm sort of having a hard time shaking it. (Sorry for the heavy subject matter-lol).

I think most of it is b/c I've never had an "elective" surgery before- so there was no time to like sit around and think about it before-hand. I've had several emergency type surgeries- so it wasn't anything to think about...anyone else deal with this prior to surgery? ...or am I just nuts? lol

That is awesome!!! 3 sizes??? Holy cow ha ha mine are same size as before surgery but they were the ones that didn't really fit cuz they were too tight. But now they fit and are a little big but very comfortable on my belly. But after after 2 hrs of walking around and sitting for 30 min when I got home I couldn't wait to get in my pj's and oversized t shirt lol (:

And I will be going back to work on the 13th of March (I will of had a month off work) and back to putting on the monkey suit! (I work for a government agency and we dont have very flattering uniforms lol)

I have it pretty easy dress code wise. Business causal on Tues and Thurs, I work from home on Mon and Wed (I could work in my undies if I wanted), and since this is Texas we get blue jeans on Friday. Today is my first day back on the job.

Me too. I am three weeks post op and have already had a 9 day mini stall. Finally started losing again but I've decided I will only weigh on Mondays.

So' date=' surgery is Thursday...I woke up this morning, and my little boy crawled into my bed- and suddenly I had this overwhelming terror of something going wrong in surgery. I thought- my God, I don't want to die having an elective surgery. I know the risks are low- but it's still surgery. I'm sort of having a hard time shaking it. (Sorry for the heavy subject matter-lol).

I think most of it is b/c I've never had an "elective" surgery before- so there was no time to like sit around and think about it before-hand. I've had several emergency type surgeries- so it wasn't anything to think about...anyone else deal with this prior to surgery? ...or am I just nuts? lol[/quote']

It is scary to put yourself in to surgery even for the best reasons. It is OK to feel the fear and work thru it. Review your reasoning behind the surgery and the benefits vs the cons. You never know what each day will bring, just try and breath and get to your rational reasoning.

Yeah so do I' date=' I've been seeing the scale drop a couple lbs each time, then this morning it said I gained 1 lb :([/quote']

Our bodies are going to fluctuate. Try not to be discouraged, it will go back down.

Hello all,

Haven't been posting a lot. Hope all is well with everyone. Those just sleeved Conratulations :D you will be so happy! I know it is hard and the eating and drinking after is a mental mess. I am about three weeks out and I am finally starting to understand when my bod is hungry and when it is not. I only weigh myself on Monday's and Today I was down another 7 LBS. That makes it 50 since my higest weight! So pumped about it :lol: Going to start at the gym in the next week or 2. Good luck to all! I am thinking about everyone often. Like Dori (Finding Nemo) says "Just keep swiming. Just keep swiming!"

So, surgery is Thursday...I woke up this morning, and my little boy crawled into my bed- and suddenly I had this overwhelming terror of something going wrong in surgery. I thought- my God, I don't want to die having an elective surgery. I know the risks are low- but it's still surgery. I'm sort of having a hard time shaking it. (Sorry for the heavy subject matter-lol).

I think most of it is b/c I've never had an "elective" surgery before- so there was no time to like sit around and think about it before-hand. I've had several emergency type surgeries- so it wasn't anything to think about...anyone else deal with this prior to surgery? ...or am I just nuts? lol

HockeyMa I saw your post and had to respond. I understand your fears and you should have them this surgery is not without risk. In my opinion you should thing about and prepare for "what if" the worst happens. You have a young child who you need to make sure is properly cared for if something should happen to you. With that said something could happen to you on the way to the grocery store, or at work and home. My mother died on the way to work when I was 9 years old, my father died 6 months after. Both were over weight, Mom more than Dad. She had a stroke at the bus stop. What do you think would happen to your health if you continued on without the surgery?

Be afraid and prepare your child for the best life you can give him, and one thing you can do is have the surgery to make sure you will be around for a few more years.

Good luck.

P.S. I was so afraid, but I needed this surgery so bad. I have so many health problems from being over weight. I had to try to save my life. It's over and I can't stop smiling with all the possibilities to come.

Joanne (jwestate)

jwestate & mvickyway'

THANK YOU :) I know everything has its risks...and you are right. I opted to go this route to start with because I want to live a healthy life- I want to be an inspiration to my kids and show them that they can live a healthy life from the start, and avoid having to come to this point.

I have spoken with my husband about the dreaded "what if" and I think that is sort of what put the seed in my head- to start worrying about it- but it's a necessary thing, and I want to make sure they're taken care of should anything happen...as you mentioned- it could be walking to my car tomorrow- so it's best to have a plan in place.

Rational thinking cap is back in place...thanks ladies for your support <3