Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I was sleeved on the 19th. At this point I am on liquid diet until next Thursday. I had a drainage port put in since the 19th and it will be not be removed until the 28th has anyone else had that?

I was sleeved on the 20th drainage will be removed on the 4th. I wondered the same thing, I'm still a lot of draining Fluid, i have to document how much fluid comes oit daily, the dr told once I reached under 20 ml of fluid he will remove it.

I wish I could say that about my diabetes. Pre op I was only using 30 units pm 20 units pm and only had to use my novolog a few times in very small doses and my sugars were ranging 110 - 210. since surgery im finding them up into the 360's i think its alot of anxiety' date=' I hope anyway im praying I can get off the insulin totally. I have removed my OnQ pain ball so maybe that will help too.[/quote']

I'm no doctor, but I can tell you what I experienced. I had to bump my basal rates up 10% immediately after surgery. I went from nearly perfect blood sugars to running about 220 with the 10% increase factored in. I contribute most of that to my body healing. Drugs can also come into play. Anytime you are sick or healing that happens. I'm 9 days out today, and I'm ready to drop my basals back to preop diet levels. I'm consistently running in the 80's and 90's. I'm looking to run a bit higher to avoid hypoglycemia.

I had my sleeve done in the 20th an no matter what I drink or sip in my stomach cramps up :( pls tell me this is going to get better???? Ugh

I have the same issue it cramps really bad, its the weirdest thing. I believe is air not sure. Hope it does get better.

Guilty to say, I'm feeling kind of blah and sometimes paranoid. Sleeved on the 13th and the stomach part went well, no nausea. Slow going getting in the liquids. But I had the worst of the Constipation angle. (Suggest anyone going in, if you were bound up from the shakes pre-op get on the stool softener the minute you get home.) Sorry for gross out factor. Impacted. So stool softener, Miralax, suppository, and mineral oil enema. Pressure and pain on the stomach. Made it through the humiliation onto sharp pain at drain site and all the way down to end of drain. Bad gas pains followed and are just now easing up. Tired of all this. Everyone is excited and I should be too. Down 30 lbs. But I feel like Private Benjamin. "I just want to be normal!"

What helps me get my Protein in without those sweet Protein Drinks is to warm some broth (not too hot) then add unflavored protein or pea protein. Pea protein makes the broth taste a little like split pea Soup. Much better than the sweet all the time. Also I add a teaspoon of Beechnut turkey or chicken baby food to my 2-3 ounces of creamed soup for added protein. I seem to be doing well, dropping about 2 pounds a day. This is wonderful. I haven't been 278 for a very long time.

My dr advanced too. I can handle the cottage cheese but only in really small doses....I don't get the cramps but I do get the rumbling and bubbles afterwards. How much are u trying to eat? If you don't mind my asking

I was eating maybe a 1/4 of a cup or less. Today I ate slower, putting my spoon down between bites and really taking my time and I didn't have any discomfort...plus I ate less. I think it's easy for us to try to eat like we used to, too quickly, and not realize our bodes just aren't used to it.

Good Luck!

Ok.... girl question here:

I have been wanting to release some of my mojo. But my husband is afraid hes going to hurt me! Grrr any one else having pain or same deal?

Maybe this why I have 2 boys 364 days apart lmao!

I had my surgery 2/4/13 in PV MX and I keep a VLOG on YouTube if you want the whole journey. Just search for Kareerox and you should find my channel!

I have been wanting to release some of my mojo. But my husband is afraid hes going to hurt me! Grrr any one else having pain or same deal?

I would like the answer to this too. My boyfriend refuses to spend the night..keeps telling me I need up heal. Sleeved 2/12 and I feel great!!!

I was sleeved on 2/7 and am doing pretty good. The worst thing so far is my head hunger and being frustrated that I can't have certain things. Anyone else going through this? I feel completely horrible for feeling this way.

Bored with chocolate & vanilla? I sure am!

I just made a chocolate Protein Shake but added a tablespoon of reduced fat Peanut Butter (8 g protein) before I blended it in my Ninja. Oh, yum!!! Can you say Reeses Peanut Butter Cup?

Three weeks on "full liquids" plus 3 more to go! I have got to find some ways to dress these shakes up!

Anyone else have some ideas to change up these chocolate & vanilla Protein Shakes? Has anyone tried a drop or two of peppermint oil? How about instant coffee for a mocha flavor?

Mix with almond milk or blend a handful of almond, and other raw nuts...

I was sleeved on February 11th. My very high blood pressure went away instantly, truly amazing! Now I'm dealing with low blood pressure its been 86/57 post-op. I also had diabetes and took Victoza in a needle pen daily. My blood sugars are now 100 with no medication. I've lost 25lbs so far ;)

I was sleeved on February 5 and after 2 weeks I was fine and experienced no pain with it. I would say your body will let you know if it's not time

I was sleeved on 2/7 and am doing pretty good. The worst thing so far is my head hunger and being frustrated that I can't have certain things. Anyone else going through this? I feel completely horrible for feeling this way.

Yes omg yes all I keep thinking about is eating my favorite salt & vinegar chips. I am dying to wat something crunchy. I even thought about chewing one and spitting it out this is bad. Wow didn't think I was so addicted to food until now wow.

You may be craving salt. When that happened to me, I sucked on a dill pickle slice and that took care of my salt craving.

Yes omg yes all I keep thinking about is eating my favorite salt & vinegar chips. I am dying to wat something crunchy. I even thought about chewing one and spitting it out this is bad. Wow didn't think I was so addicted to food until now wow.