Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I am also on the lovenox shots. Not really painful for me but were outrageous to pay for. I do mine once a day.

Ugh! I have those too. Once a day for ten days. They told me to jab it in quick, but I really find if I push firmly and let it sink in like its butter it hurts less. So expensive too!! Mine were $326 with all maximum discounts.

I went into the hospital at 232.8 on my home scale. Came home yesterday at 233.7- I peed a lot in the hospital. Today is 228.

HW 263

Started approval process 257

Sleeved 2/20

Bored with chocolate & vanilla? I sure am!

I just made a chocolate Protein Shake but added a tablespoon of reduced fat Peanut Butter (8 g protein) before I blended it in my Ninja. Oh, yum!!! Can you say Reeses Peanut Butter Cup?

Three weeks on "full liquids" plus 3 more to go! I have got to find some ways to dress these shakes up!

Anyone else have some ideas to change up these chocolate & vanilla Protein Shakes? Has anyone tried a drop or two of peppermint oil? How about instant coffee for a mocha flavor?

I had my sleeve surgery on Feb 20th and got out of the hospital the very next day. I haven't had any pain or problems drinking fluids or walking. I am in love with my surgery and my sleeve. My Doctor told me I might not get any help for my diabetes but since the surgery I have only had 2 units of insulin and now its 2 days straight without any meds for diabetes. Post Op I shot 100 units a day with 2 1000mg of Metphormin. Makes my head whirl knowing I am not having to shoot up or take a pill. Amazing grace!

I had sx on feb 18th, I am down 9 lbs so far... Lots of pain in my right abd where a drain was placed, I can still only tolerate sips of chicken broth and water... Other things like popsicles, Protein Water, and sf Jello, etc give me horrible pain and bubbling feeling... I go see dr on thursday, cant wait!! Need to make sure all is normal... I know everything can only get better, I do not regret my decision at all!! Pease love and to god be all the glory!

I had my sleeve surgery on Feb 20th and got out of the hospital the very next day. I haven't had any pain or problems drinking fluids or walking. I am in love with my surgery and my sleeve. My Doctor told me I might not get any help for my diabetes but since the surgery I have only had 2 units of insulin and now its 2 days straight without any meds for diabetes. Post Op I shot 100 units a day with 2 1000mg of Metphormin. Makes my head whirl knowing I am not having to shoot up or take a pill. Amazing grace!

Congrats to you

How is everyone's weight loss going? I lost 18 lbs of Fluid the first few days (from IV in the hospital)' date=' then 10 more pounds by 10 days out. Now, I'm 16 days out and the scale hasn't moved in 6 days. I'm still happy with my net weight loss but wonder what else I could be doing.

I'm eating about 400-600 calories a day, getting in all of my fluid (at least 64-72 oz of Water plus Soup, tea and other fluid), walking about 20-30 minutes/day (still a little weak but feeling so much better on thin purees than full liquid), and making sure I get at least 60 g of Protein.< /p>

I know you shouldn't compare yourself to others, but when I see people losing 30 or more pounds in the same time frame, it makes me wonder what this journey will be like for me. I'm hypothyroid secondary to pituitary issues, but I started at a higher BMI so thought for at least the first couple of months, I would see pretty good weight loss.

Planning to up my exercise starting this weekend. I was told I can't do water aerobics for 6 weeks but will start pool walking in addition to regular walking. Then adding the exercise bike and light strength training at 6 weeks.[/quote']

You're doing great. Just keep hitting your marks, and the weight loss will happen. I'm also looking forward to more strenuous exercise.

I was a 170-200 unit a day "double diabetic" now I'm using less than 50. No more metformin either.

I just made a chocolate Protein Shake but added a tablespoon of reduced fat Peanut Butter (8 g protein) before I blended it in my Ninja. Oh' date=' yum!!! Can you say Reeses Peanut Butter Cup?

Three weeks on "full liquids" plus 3 more to go! I have got to find some ways to dress these shakes up!

Anyone else have some ideas to change up these chocolate & vanilla Protein Shakes? Has anyone tried a drop or two of peppermint oil? How about instant coffee for a mocha flavor?[/quote']

Ive been putting banana, skim milk, frozen peaches and mango, or instead of milk....use greek yoguty and Unjury Protein powder....yummy!

I wish I could say that about my diabetes. Pre op I was only using 30 units pm 20 units pm and only had to use my novolog a few times in very small doses and my sugars were ranging 110 - 210. since surgery im finding them up into the 360's i think its alot of anxiety, I hope anyway im praying I can get off the insulin totally. I have removed my OnQ pain ball so maybe that will help too.

I just made a chocolate Protein Shake but added a tablespoon of reduced fat Peanut Butter (8 g protein) before I blended it in my Ninja. Oh, yum!!! Can you say Reeses Peanut Butter Cup?

Anyone else have some ideas to change up these chocolate & vanilla Protein Shakes? Has anyone tried a drop or two of peppermint oil? How about instant coffee for a mocha flavor?

I did the peanut butter thing to but now I'm sick of that flavour too (never thought I'd say that!). The mint could be interesting but to be honest I'm just over the whole sweet thing in its entirety (would be so nice if this is a permanent thing! hahaha).

I'm now pretty much ingesting only savoury/saltier fluids, like chicken noodle Soup broth, beef and veg soup broth......I put some small curd cottage cheese through a food mill and thinned it out with some milk and it kind of tasted like a mild feta (weird I know, but when you're desperate to have anything but something sweet and trying to get some Protein as well you get creative!). Also enjoying Tomato Soup and V8 juice in addition to my warm tea and flavoured (diet mix) waters.

This is my first full day home from the hospital. I've managed to get my pain meds in and my lovenox shot, plus a walk. It's been rougher than I thought because they had a hard time managing my pain in the hospital since I got so nauseous on the narcotics they gave me and refused to take them. They put me on Tylenol IV which was better, but when I got home, I was screwed. I ended up crushing expired Vicodin and putting it in pudding. Not the best option, but I was ready to go on a pain rampage last night, and then ended up having a nice sleep and was able to walk and get stuff done today. I don't like using what little food I get to take the pain meds because it tastes so terrible, so I can't wait to be pain free! I had my surgery on Tuesday the 19th, and five days later the scale shows a loss of 8 pounds! I did have my period during surgery, so some of that might be Water weight, but I'll take it anyway.

Ugh! I have those too. Once a day for ten days. They told me to jab it in quick, but I really find if I push firmly and let it sink in like its butter it hurts less. So expensive too!! Mine were $326 with all maximum discounts.

Wow! I was able to get the generic of it so it wasn't that much. I have to do it 2 times a day. 3 scripts cost me around $70 bucks. The Nexxium was $60 by itself, which I bought another day. So all together $130.

There are some posts here that discuss shake recipes. Just type in your search bar. I also watched some vids on YT to get some ideas as well. Albeit, I'm very simple most times.

I also bought some sugar free Torani and Davinci syrups to give a hint of flavor as well. Torani has several flavors to choose from.

This is my first full day home from the hospital. I've managed to get my pain meds in and my lovenox shot, plus a walk. It's been rougher than I thought because they had a hard time managing my pain in the hospital since I got so nauseous on the narcotics they gave me and refused to take them. They put me on Tylenol IV which was better, but when I got home, I was screwed. I ended up crushing expired Vicodin and putting it in pudding. Not the best option, but I was ready to go on a pain rampage last night, and then ended up having a nice sleep and was able to walk and get stuff done today. I don't like using what little food I get to take the pain meds because it tastes so terrible, so I can't wait to be pain free! I had my surgery on Tuesday the 19th, and five days later the scale shows a loss of 8 pounds! I did have my period during surgery, so some of that might be Water weight, but I'll take it anyway.

TMI: I dread that my cycle has started. I didn't want to have to exprience that with recovering from surgery so close.