Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

This is my third day in the hospital. I was sleeved on Tuesday the 19th. They're having problems managing my pain. I want Tylenol IV drip' date=' they want me to swallow liquid meds that made me so sick I wet my pants and was afraid of ripping my staples out. They want me to try it again today. I'm like just bring me the Tylenol drip so I can think straight.

Drinking liquids is an issue. I feel like I'm swallowing huge amounts of air which is painful. It passes in a few seconds, but it makes it hard to get liquids down. Same thing happened with Jello.< /p>

I'm in a lot of pain and discomfort right now. I'm so jealous of everyone who had no problems with nausea and pain. Hopefully in a few days I'll feel like this was all worth it.[/quote']

I'm right there with you on the jealousy part. I am a week out today. Most the pain has diminished as well as most the gas. The first two or three days though I was in soooo much pain. It gets better and just remember why you did it. :)

I'm still not sleeping well. I get about 6-7 hours of stuttering sleep and when i wake up i'm still dead tired but unable to go back to sleep. anyone else have this issue?

I know that the manufacturers tell you not to, but I did it any way. I slept with a heating pad on low just slightly off center toward my right side. I called mine the "Thank-You-Jesus-Heating-Pad". I had it on my incisions all the time (even took it to the hospital with me) except for when I was walking. Finally was able to wean myself from in the middle of the 5th night. It really did help with sleeping.

This is my third day in the hospital. I was sleeved on Tuesday the 19th. They're having problems managing my pain. I want Tylenol IV drip, they want me to swallow liquid meds that made me so sick I wet my pants and was afraid of ripping my staples out. They want me to try it again today. I'm like just bring me the Tylenol drip so I can think straight.

Drinking liquids is an issue. I feel like I'm swallowing huge amounts of air which is painful. It passes in a few seconds, but it makes it hard to get liquids down. Same thing happened with Jello.< /p>

I'm in a lot of pain and discomfort right now. I'm so jealous of everyone who had no problems with nausea and pain. Hopefully in a few days I'll feel like this was all worth it.

I had similar experience with pain. One of the nurses suggested I wasn't taking small enough sips. Also found a heating pad helped. You might ask if they have one. Hope it gets better soon, but it will get better!

This is my third day in the hospital. I was sleeved on Tuesday the 19th. They're having problems managing my pain. I want Tylenol IV drip' date=' they want me to swallow liquid meds that made me so sick I wet my pants and was afraid of ripping my staples out. They want me to try it again today. I'm like just bring me the Tylenol drip so I can think straight.

I'm in a lot of pain and discomfort right now. I'm so jealous of everyone who had no problems with nausea and pain. Hopefully in a few days I'll feel like this was all worth it.[/quote']

I can def relate I am so sore had nausea more than not was sleeved on the 18th n was up all night w diarrea n started period all same fay

I'm still not sleeping well. I get about 6-7 hours of stuttering sleep and when i wake up i'm still dead tired but unable to go back to sleep. anyone else have this issue?

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same thing. I feel like I'm not rested when I wake up. Then I can't go back to sleep. :(

I'm 10 days post op, and have lost a total of 23 lbs including preop! Still having some pain, but manageable without meds. I can sleep on my right side more than I can on my left. It's getting better and better!

I am 15 days post-op. I haven't had any issues with sleep or pain/gas. Where I am having issues is drinking/eating with air. I am burping or frothing trying to get liquid or food in. I am also trying to get used to a full feeling. I keep telling myself I am full but my mind wants to keep eating. So frustrated with my obsession with eating.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I have severe GERD going into surgery. Next step is surgery. I've heard people getting reflux after. Has anyone had GERD prior to surgery and its either the same or getting better? I'm pretty worried.

Can you newly sleeved friends please let me know how long your surgery was? Crazy, that I don't know this yet!!!!

The first incision was around 8:15 (my surgeon told my hubby) and I woke up in recovery around 11:30 ish. So, about 3 hours for me. But it was robotic laproscoptic so, I don't know if that takes longer

So far, the only issue I have is a serious pain on the right side w/ one incision. No major problems w/ gas or sleeping/lying on either side. I'm gonna try some soft food tonight to see what happens. But I slowly added some foods back and it hasn't bothered me at all eating and getting Protein in. Thankful for that! I've been diligent about getting fluids in so we'll see what happens tonight.

Did anyone else have a sharp pain on their right side from their incision/ There is no way you can turn or move that you don't feel that particular site. i don't think it's an infection since my temp has been the same for day's now and the incision itself isn't open, no Fluid of any kind coming out. Just curious as to what it is, if anyone else has had this and how long it lasted?

So far' date=' the only issue I have is a serious pain on the right side w/ one incision. No major problems w/ gas or sleeping/lying on either side. I'm gonna try some soft food tonight to see what happens. But I slowly added some foods back and it hasn't bothered me at all eating and getting Protein in. Thankful for that! I've been diligent about getting fluids in so we'll see what happens tonight.

Did anyone else have a sharp pain on their right side from their incision/ There is no way you can turn or move that you don't feel that particular site. i don't think it's an infection since my temp has been the same for day's now and the incision itself isn't open, no Fluid of any kind coming out. Just curious as to what it is, if anyone else has had this and how long it lasted?[/quote']

I have major pain on my right too. It is from where my surgeon used multiple tools. It's normal.

So far' date=' the only issue I have is a serious pain on the right side w/ one incision. No major problems w/ gas or sleeping/lying on either side. I'm gonna try some soft food tonight to see what happens. But I slowly added some foods back and it hasn't bothered me at all eating and getting Protein in. Thankful for that! I've been diligent about getting fluids in so we'll see what happens tonight.

Did anyone else have a sharp pain on their right side from their incision/ There is no way you can turn or move that you don't feel that particular site. i don't think it's an infection since my temp has been the same for day's now and the incision itself isn't open, no Fluid of any kind coming out. Just curious as to what it is, if anyone else has had this and how long it lasted?[/quote']

Thats weird cause mine is on the left.

I have severe GERD going into surgery. Next step is surgery. I've heard people getting reflux after. Has anyone had GERD prior to surgery and its either the same or getting better? I'm pretty worried.

I had severe Gerd going in. Im still on full liquids, but no reflux. I had Tomato bisque and no reflux. That always used to flare my reflux. Im on pepcid Rx strength. I hope it doesn't flare when i get on full solids.

I'm just the opposite. I can only sleep on my right side. Unfortunately' date=' I am a left side sleeper. So somewhere in the night I unconsciously roll over and when I wake up its honey I need your help again. I have seriously considered sewing a marble into the back of my pajamas so it wakes me up if I try to roll over.[/quote']

Ha ha that's funny (:

And I think most people had pain in their left sides and mine is my right side. My biggest incision is pretty much in the middle of my abdomen but up higher more under wherr my bra is.

Thats weird cause mine is on the left.

Maybe your doctor is a lefty?