Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

found a tolerable clear liquid protein.

I was getting really distraught about not being able to stomach the clear liquid Proteins that I'm bound to for two weeks post-op. (No offense to the following companies, as everyone's taste buds are different.) I tried the Unjury chicken flavor and am still having nightmares about it. Not only that, but one serving has permanently scented one of my shaker cups. I was drinking the Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel flavor and was barely able to swallow it. At the hospital, they brought nectar strawberry Kiwi, and it smelled so incredibly foul to me, and tasted only slightly better than how it smelled. To try to get some of it down, I poured in some of the sugar-free fruit punch they brought with the tray, which only improved it slightly. I guess it was a fantasy that I would find some magic flavor and think it was delicious, or at the very least just... good. I tried my very best to drink some of the fuzzy navel when I got home from the hospital, and managed to get down about 2 ounces of it over a couple of hours by mixing it with orange Crystal Light. I had one last option, and that was to try the Isopure Zero Carb ready to drink bottles. I asked my mother to pick up some while she was out today. She picked up a few flavors that I requested. When she got home, I took one and eyed it suspiciously. Alpine punch flavor... it sounds like it would taste okay, but I've been down that road before. It's nice and clear, doesn't look so offputting. Hmmm... I tentatively opened the cap, and gave it a sniff. Okay, not completely vile. Not the most pleasant scent ever, but it doesn't make me want to cry. Slowly, carefully, I raised the glass to my lips and took the tiniest sip. Had I not already been concerned about my current low levels of hydration, I would have allowed myself to sob in relief. Is it delicious? Nope. Is it tolerable? Absolutely. I can drink this every day for two weeks and not feel like throwing up at the mere sight of it. I don't have to cringe and try not to taste it when I sip through the day. It's a very light flavor. It does leave a strange, sort of dry feeling in your mouth for just a moment after you take a drink, but it doesn't persist. I haven't tried the other flavors yet, but I'm so relieved I have found what I needed. It's more expensive, but hey, I was still spending way more on food every day prior to surgery. Plus, I don't have to mix it! Just a grab a bottle from the fridge. I cannot begin to tell you how much better I feel about things now. The whole world brightened for me at this discovery. Thank you, God!

Congrats on finding Isopure. I've been a fan for a while when on a cut in the past of Isopure. It'll definitely be added for my clear liquid stage of dieting.

I drink ALpine Punch or the Grape flavor daily....they are the only 2 I can take... and they must be VERY cold... I usually dilute with Water to help with my Water intake..adding a lil Crystal lite will help if you happen to get a whiff of the whey aftertaste...

40 easy grams of Protein ( wish it wasnt so expensive though)

I take "ON's" "Platinum Hydro Whey". Very easy to mix and their choclate flavour is great. Only 140 calories for 30 gms of Protein. Slightly expensive though.

Everybody has different tastes, I'm really sorry that most Proteins aren't pleasant to you. I find Isopure to be pretty vile myself and really hate the proteins that are fruit flavored. I try to stay away from the powders as well. Glad you found something palatable.

Where do you get Isopure at?

I bought mine at The Vitamin Shoppe. You can buy it by the bottle to try out the flavors first, and then buy 12 packs once you know what you like. It's not cheap. They were 4.19 per 20 oz. bottle, but so worth it. I believe they are also sold at GNC, but I don't know if they sell it by the bottle there.

Just an Isopure update. The mango peace tastes like... are you ready for this? ...parmesan cheese. :blink: My mom tasted it and agreed.

The apple melon is a very nice surprise. It is mostly melon flavored, and just a tiny hint of apple. I've never been a melon fan, but this is freaking amazing compared to some things I've drank in the last week. It doesn't have that Protein flavor to it. I'm one happy girl right now.

You can buy 12 pack cases at luckyvitamin.com for like $39.99 plus $5.95 shipping, they cost like $65 to $69 in Vitamin shoppe and GNC

Sent from my iPad using VST

Yeah I hear you on that. My NUT had suggested the clear Isopure ready to go bottles prior to surgery. Since I wanted to be prepared for my post op liquid phase I bought like 5 bottles of it...all in different flavors. After drinking them, I found that MANGO PEACH IS YUCKY! But I really like the grape and orange flavor. Many people I know can't stand the flavor of these things, but I like them just fine. And you are right! There is a weird after taste/feeling everytime. They are expensive, but when that was basically all I was drinking/eating in a day...it wasn't that bad. I just bought a case of the grape to get me through my week of full liquids. On the plus side my 2 year old daughter likes them too. I'm really not sure if she should be drinking them, but I figure its better than juice.< /p>

I took a leap of faith after reading some positive reviews on the LuckyVitamin site about Isopure so i bought a 12-pk of the pineapple/orange/banana flavor. It's pretty awful but i plan to dilute it with Torani/Mio/Crystal light. It makes my mouth feel like the after taste of eating sweetarts or pixie stix only the other heavy note in the after taste is that of rotting fruit! I will figure out a way to drink them and if not I'll see if someone at support group might like them.

I live in a rural area and don't have GNC but I would like to try single bottles of the other flavors. If anyone knows of anywhere to buy the singles (online is cool) let me know.

Finding a tolerable RTD Protein is such an individual thing. I share what I buy with another pre-op buddy and she loves the ones I think are rejects......go figure.

Thanks,

Carol

Pre-op (approved!)

Tucson, AZ

Dr. Monash