Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NERVES are running crazy here

my surgery date is the 26 feb 2013.. i start my pre op liquids on tues. its almost here and i am excited and terrified at the same time. scared about what i will feel and how i will heal ect after surgery. will it be clean or will i have complications...waiting i think is prob the hardest thing ever.

I'm in the same boat as you, nerves are touch and go right now, but as the day gets closer, the more nervous I get. We'll be good. We'll hurt after the surgery, but after that it's game on. It's time to buckle down, kick some ass and get this weight off. We got this!

I felt exactly the same!! But I can say I am almost 3 weeks out and feeling great! I had pretty bad gas pain but walking helped heaps. I've lost almost 40lbs Pre and post op.

Good luck to you all, I'm sure you'll be feeling good soon too

I am joining the 2 of you on Feb. 26th. Similar feelings.. Do you have to do full liquids for 2 weeks? I have to do 3 Protein Shakes and a proportioned dinner or make sure I'm 800-1,000 calories/day. I'm very nervous about complications but hoping I will be lucky. I usually get ill from general anesthesia and also have little tolerance for

Dilaudid. I vomit violently from both. My surgeon knows this.

Says he still may want t.o try dilaudid with zofran or Toridol (sp). I don't understand why Toridol would be considered as it is a powerful NSAID?

I really don't want dilaudid due to my violent reaction 3 years ago and even when they gave me zofran the vomiting didn't stop for hours.

Any advice plz?

I wish you both the very best!

Mine is scheduled in March. BUT--I am with you. One minute excited-the next thinking about everything that can go wrong.

Jeannine-Toradol is a good pain medication given for a short time. (I had kidney stones-and it worked wonderfully) Toradol is an NSAID too-without the other side effects as :

NSAIDs-Ibuprofen, naproxen, ASA-with increase bleeding potential. The docs usually have you stop those 2 weeks prior and for a period of time postop. They can also increase-heartburn GI problems too

You've warned your doctor about the Dilaudid--now tell your preop nurse and reinterate with your anesthesia doctor!

I am 3 months post op. Was scared to death as well...you should have seen my in pre-op...LOL. This was the best thing I ever did! You will be pleased with the lifestyle and results....being scared is normal!! I sailed thru the recovery and have lost a total of 92 lbs since August. 52 lbs since the procedure Nov 6th.

You will be so pleased with the incredible weightloss.....complications are rare remember that.

godspeed

my surgery date is the 26 feb 2013.. i start my pre op liquids on tues. its almost here and i am excited and terrified at the same time. scared about what i will feel and how i will heal ect after surgery. will it be clean or will i have complications...waiting i think is prob the hardest thing ever.

You got that right!!!! Waiting IS the hardest part.... Just got approved, waiting to get scheduled...they're looking at early March; excited, scared, on edge, filled with anticipation and trying to set realistic expections .... all at once. Feels like I'm on a rollercoaster.....

Best of luck to you on 2/26!

I remember that feeling all too well. I was sleeved on November 27th. I couldn't sleep for almost 2 weeks before surgery & not at all the night before. The day of the surgery you will certainly wake up in pain. I remember thinking that I had made a horrible decision for a few weeks after surgery, but that passed too. I am now 9 weeks post-op & that whole beginning hardship feels like a lifetime ago. Now it's just about working the plan. At this point I can eat any food so, it's about Portion Control & making healthy food choices. It will be the same for you I'm sure. Complications are SO rare. You will be just fine. Before you know it you will be a couple months post-op, losing weight & giving support to people who are just where you are right now! :D

I'd be concerned if you WEREN'T scared because that would mean you hadn't researched enough. This is a big deal surgery but it's the best thing I've ever done. A year ago I could barely climb a flight of stairs without feeling like I was going to collapse. Now I've run 3 5Ks, have my first 10K in April, and I'm training for my first half marathon.

The surgery is scary but the benefits are simply incredible.